• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Terre

Renowned
Going fine here.
New owners and management are working out quite well at work. I think the vendors are starting to realize that they can't push the new boss around just because he's young (28) and easy going. Push to far and he puts his foot down firmly like anyone in his position needs to.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Similar here for Spring we go from cold and horrible to warm and clear skies.

We often joke that in Melbourne you can get 4 seasons in one day...Spring is especially true of this.

Terre

Renowned
Here's a laugh:
For those who may not know in the US home electrical power starts as 240 volts but is dropped to 120 for most uses. In Britain it's ALL 240.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
How very annoying! We're closed Monday because of Columbus Day. And ... I didn't realize that! Not until I got the email that we have early dismissal today at 3 pm. But ... of course, I started working at 6:30 am because I telecommute on Friday, so I'm done for the day at 2:30 pm. Sad Panda here :(

If we'd got the email at least a day in advance, I'd have slept in this morning and started work at 9 am which is my normal working start time.

But I wasn't the only one caught by surprise that Monday is a holiday. I was on the phone with a coworker when I read the email about early dismissal, and he didn't know we are closed Monday either. Watch me go to work Monday :p

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
One thing I ALWAYS remembered were the days our office was "officially" closed. When I started working for the firm, and for a couple of decades afterwards, we had a lot of days off, EXCEPT the Friday after Thanksgiving. Then they decided to take away certain holidays, and in exchange gave us the Friday after Thanksgiving. ~Huh?~

Since we were officially open 24/7, our only "official" holidays were Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day. Years ago we used to get Election Day off, but then they decided, since the polls were open until 9:00pm, we didn't need the whole day off, especially in a non-Presidential election year. ~Grrrr~

The only good thing about getting the Friday after Thanksgiving off was, I could save 3 vacation days, and take the whole week off. Once I stopped taking my whole vacation at once during the years I was traveling, I started taking the first 2 weeks of July, and the last 2 weeks of December as my vacation, which usually afforded me at least 2 of the days I needed for Thanksgiving week (July 4th and Christmas Day), so I wound up with 5 weeks vacation each year, instead of the 4 weeks we were allotted. That WAS a good thing. ;)