• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I 'think" I'm done modeling for now... I'll work on mapping today and tomorrow, then then do some textures and see what it starts to look like before I add anymore. It's still under 35,000 polygons. The green colored plants will be common shield fern (aka pikopiko). The pale green/brown plant models will be New Zealand Flax and the roundish leaf plant (grey) will be Kidney Fern (aka raurenga). Some of you will recognize the tree snag from "Perching Places". I thought it worked pretty well at the top of my mound so I'll keep it and retexture it with an appropriate NZ tree bark.

Capture4.JPG

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Oh, Ken, I've actually got tears in my eyes :cry: This is more coolness than I could ever imagine. Kiwi and their home, in my runtime, soon. Thank you sooooo much. I know you didn't do them just for me but this is so special to my heart I am going to pretend you did. Just had to wipe the tears away :)

Szark

Awesome
Oh, Ken, I've actually got tears in my eyes :cry: This is more coolness than I could ever imagine. Kiwi and their home, in my runtime, soon. Thank you sooooo much. I know you didn't do them just for me but this is so special to my heart I am going to pretend you did. Just had to wipe the tears away :)
I echo that I have wanted a Kiwi package for so long I will have to finally get my wallet out (lets the moths out for a fly around). Yep short arms and long pockets. :) Another great use for Stonemason's Tree fern props, they will go nicely with the burrow.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's those test renders I promised.... and yes, that's a Kakapo (a very endangered NZ parrot) on the snag branch. It's looking pretty good overall; I'm going to need to add some geometry to smooth out the base of the tree snag, move some intersecting flax blades and fix a few texture seams. I'll also probably add some SSS to the plant leaves.

I did use several endemic NZ plants for this set... the Kidney Fern (Trichomanes reniforme), the Kauri Tree Snag (Agathis australis), the common shield fern (Polystichum richardii) and Bush Lily (Astelia fragrans).

KiwiMound1.jpg
KiwiMound7.jpg
KiwiMound6.jpg
KiwiMound5.jpg
KiwiMound3.jpg
KiwiMound2.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Very cool Ken...I can see fairies hiding in that burrow as well as Kiwi's. So many possibilities for using this prop.

Lorraine

I can see this burrow in the middle of Stonemason's Enchanted Forest, with pungas (tree ferns) surrounding it, kiwi foraging, and puriri moths fluttering :)

Lorraine

OMG! The kiwi are in the store...and I can't get them till WEDNESDAY :cry:! How many sleeps is that? Four sleeps cos I get paid 2am Wed morning. I can do this!

Szark

Awesome
Well this will be the first time in a few years I have bought something so quickly. Kiwi bought, downloaded and installed. I can't wait to play

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Ohhhh, love the prop Ken! That your birds are great is unnecessary to state, but they are...........

But, this prop will come in handy for a large number of imaginative renders! Good stuff.