• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Szark

Awesome
Bay of Islands, one of my favourite places. I remember when Russell was still sparsely populated and not so busy. Haven't been there for over 25 years now...I miss NZ so much these days.

this is me not tempting Miss B.....................................not.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Szark, are you a Kiwi?! I love living in the Bay and yes, Russell is the jewel...more like a real town than poor old touristy Paihia. But up the river in Opua we had a pretty cool little village that is gradually turning into a huge marina complex which totally SUCKS! I am a diehard reactionary who has voted against and protested against the ruination of our village but I may as well hold my breath. "You can't stop progress", bah humbug! Things are only progress if they make things better! Sorry, rant over.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Bay of Islands, one of my favourite places. I remember when Russell was still sparsely populated and not so busy. Haven't been there for over 25 years now...I miss NZ so much these days.

this is me not tempting Miss B.....................................not.
One of these days. ~gives Szark the evil eye~

Szark

Awesome
No I was born a Brit but emigrated to NZ when I was 2 and was raised and educated in New Zealand, Auckland. At 26 I packed everything up I had a moved back to the UK and that was 1989. It was ok to start with then things got worse, politically and economy wise and I know the grass isn't always greener on the other side but have you seen how green the grass in in NZ. LOL. Ok not so much green in Summer up north. ;) I know Paihia and Opua well enough to remember. Oh years later I still have the accent and to some extent I am more proud being raised in NZ than being born a Brit. Yep love rugby union too and DB Double Brown. :)

Lorraine

So are you still in the UK? Cos NZ is still here, still green (even up here this summer) and still waiting for you to come home :)

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Okay... time for a little more progress news...

I completed the last of the 5 species... the Ōkārito Kiwi (shown below) and now will start double-checking my work and building the DAZ Studio materials and tweaking some morphs/JCMs.

okarito.jpg

I did a quick animation to just test whether the little wings do work and managed to get the kiwi airborne...

While I'm only planning to the 5 species (male and female) and male versions of 3 subspecies/variants, I have female versions for the subspecies plus several more variants (Darker Northern Kiwi, the rare All-White Little Spotted Kiwi and more) slated for freebies. I also made a kiwi crossing sign.

Sign.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
OMG, how funny!! :D Then again, we have Deer crossing signs here in he US, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Sheesh, I can't even think of a reason why anyone would WANT that type of sign for their own.

Lorraine

Souvenir hunters...stick it on the wall and tell their mates how 'cool' they are. Not cool, just total pillocks and a waste of oxygen.

Szark

Awesome
in Rotorua they have all sorts of signs for wildlife....ducks crossing..beware of mad fisherman...ok I made that one up.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
We have all sorts of animal crossing signs also. It is sad how many animals get run over.