• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Terre

Renowned
Good morning.

Work funny from Tuesday. It was the bakery manager's birthday. There was an order for a 2 layer round unicorn cake that she hates to make which had been placed a week before to be ready by early afternoon. While she was working on the cake the produce manager kept bugging her saying "That part's not right" and being reeeally picky. After she was done the bakery assistant manager called the store manager back to bakery. Meanwhile the produce manager, deli manager and I had all wandered over. She was then handed a b-day card that we and several other employees had signed. It started with an explanation by the store manager that she had just made her own b-day cake. Her reactions were priceless and the produce manager recorded it all with her phone. The deli manager said "Why do you think so many managers were here?" Her reply was that she had been wondering.
When I told a few checkers what had happened a little later one said "She was both probably pissed and pleased." Yup. That summoned it up quite nicely.

Terre

Renowned
Good morning. :)
Rain yesterday and power out at work for around an hour. Probably some idiot hit a pole. We had a double blip and about half an hour later lost all power. The blip was likely when the damage was done and the outage was when it was being worked on.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Howdy all :) A shorter hiatus this time, I'm getting better.

Just had three days with my boy and it ROCKED!! There was a glitch. As you may recall my desktop spat the dummy while I was away at my sister's in May. Shannon finally got to test everything while he was here and the results were sad: one motherboard with three fried RAM slots and two dead sticks of RAM...very lucky not to be three. So I've bought a secondhand mobo complete with an i7 processor and Shannon and I will be buying between us three sticks of 8GB RAM. He will put these in his computer and I will take his one 8GB and one 4GB and the two good 4GB sticks of mine. So he will end up with 24GB and I will have 20GB. I've also bought a new case as the new/old mobo is mATX and will fit in a smaller case, this case then fitting into a Pelican case I was given last week and maybe my desktop ashore moments will be less fraught. The next purchase will be a new fan for the processor and after that an SSD but they are not critical to the rebuild. I'll still be using the graphics and wifi card and the PSU out of the old setup. I've soldiered away with the laptop I'm typing on but OMG, it is as slow as two wet weeks and soooooooo limited. By the end of this month I should be back in business. Never the most patient person on the planet, I'm learning to be.

Hornet3d

Wise
Howdy all :) A shorter hiatus this time, I'm getting better.

Just had three days with my boy and it ROCKED!! There was a glitch. As you may recall my desktop spat the dummy while I was away at my sister's in May. Shannon finally got to test everything while he was here and the results were sad: one motherboard with three fried RAM slots and two dead sticks of RAM...very lucky not to be three. So I've bought a secondhand mobo complete with an i7 processor and Shannon and I will be buying between us three sticks of 8GB RAM. He will put these in his computer and I will take his one 8GB and one 4GB and the two good 4GB sticks of mine. So he will end up with 24GB and I will have 20GB. I've also bought a new case as the new/old mobo is mATX and will fit in a smaller case, this case then fitting into a Pelican case I was given last week and maybe my desktop ashore moments will be less fraught. The next purchase will be a new fan for the processor and after that an SSD but they are not critical to the rebuild. I'll still be using the graphics and wifi card and the PSU out of the old setup. I've soldiered away with the laptop I'm typing on but OMG, it is as slow as two wet weeks and soooooooo limited. By the end of this month I should be back in business. Never the most patient person on the planet, I'm learning to be.

Great news, good luck with the build.

Lorraine

Hi all, hope your day/night is going nicely. This morning was the first time I woke up and thought "only three more nights and I won't be muscled in the mornings by a Great White Small Dog". I do have to admit it was an hour past her breakfast time but she still got told to pack it in and wait. She gets to do a lot of waiting round me...unlike her dad I am ALPHA!! He will walk back in the house Friday night, she will turn to me with a smug look on her doggy face, and immediately regress to the badly behaved demanding brat she is around him. I feel like murdering him sometimes...she's such a lovely wee thing and he spoils her rotten to the point she's unbearable. But not on MY watch!

Anyways, three more days till then and Shannon is coming back this arvo. We are going to watch Dr Strange tonight...I do like Benedict Cumberbatch. We still have Black Panther, Antman and Spiderman: Homecoming to watch before we watch The Avengers: Infinity War. We watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2 the other night. So. Much. Fun. It's great when one shares one's nerddom with one's offspring ;)

Lorraine

Miss B, I so am. We haven't spent this much time together in forever and have only been able to do it this time because his dad is visiting his sister-in-law further south. It's doing Shannon the world of good having these few days off caring for his dad...I'm hoping it will turn into something regular.