• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
And, rounding out the story: Knight Boat #6 is assigned to pick up some animals at a crime site and return them to their native habitats (or reserves which are dedicated to those creatures, like a pair of young wyverns) so they end up returning to the Trader's place to take on two wyverns, two orangutans and a panda cub. Severus gets a shock, and is very glad he opted to change his appearance for the occasion, since two of the trainee Aurors who are investigating the site turn out to be Ron Weasley and Harry Potter.

His disguise was perfectly adequate to deceive Ron...

Back at Hogwarts, the House Heads have come up with a plan to eliminate the need for a Sorting Hat, which cannot sort -- and incidentally to eliminate all of the interpose strife which has become such a problem.

And, after the Knight Boat leaves with its live cargo, Ron and Harry open up the sealed cauldron and the Aurors end up having to recapture all the hands. Their supervisor isn't amused.

And so ends the first adventure of Solomon Slade (Severus Snape) and Knight Boat #6.
Aurors.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Caiomhe had spent the early hours doing all the loading on the own but then it was her choice and she couldn't sleep anyway. She now had the last load on board and she pulled up outside the main building the sun rose for the last time, at least for her, their job was finished and the plant could now be run remotely for the most part. She was looking forward to the upcoming break and was keen to leave the planet.

Ensk Loading HW.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Per request, I'm in the process of converting my Christmas turtleneck from a couple of years ago to fit the G8's.

This was rendered for use as a promo image for the sweater. I liked it enough to keep the base render, though.

G8F, wearing my sweater, and Luthbel's G2F pants and shoes.. the hair is Goldtassel, and I did use G8F Uki on her... though I ended up having to COMPLETELY rework the 3Delight materials into something that was usable, as I simply wasn't happy with the 3DL materials that came with her.

I'm sure she's gorgeous on the Iray side... and I know she can be just as lovely on the 3DL side.
She just needed a lot of fussing at the materials to get her to that point.

DS 4.10; 3Delight
Postwork in Photoshop for DOF, signature, frame, and to desaturate the foreground bush a bit

I must be on a roll right now. This is the 2nd render this week for me. Cool! Maybe I finally broke out of the block? LOL

Fresh Air.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
Caiomhe had spent the early hours doing all the loading on the own but then it was her choice and she couldn't sleep anyway. She now had the last load on board and she pulled up outside the main building the sun rose for the last time, at least for her, their job was finished and the plant could now be run remotely for the most part. She was looking forward to the upcoming break and was keen to leave the planet.

View attachment 38154
What are you suppose to say when the lighting is just right and the render is very good with a good story line, wait a minute, I think I just said it....

Carey

Extraordinary
Now me ... I couldn't tell you what base figure was used in most renders. Sometimes, I can't tell (or remember) whether it's Dawn or V4 in my renders after August 2013 and into 2014.

I suspect those of you who can identify the base figures used probably know which one I used here. I don't think I strayed all that far from the base.
View attachment 34229
View attachment 34230

But, does Mayra scream who she is?
View attachment 34231

Or Silvestra?
View attachment 34232

Or ... /cough ... this little darling?
View attachment 34233

Beastette? Although, she should be easily identifiable too, I had to check the file to be sure.
View attachment 34235

Or the Flapper?
View attachment 34236

To be honest. I had to check the files on all of these (except Brielo). Like I said, unless it's out of the box, I rather suck at identifying the base figure.
neato

Hornet3d

Wise
Use of jet packs were banned in the sky bridge as it was regarded as a sterile environment in the sense that everything with the exception of walkers and passengers must be under the bridge's control. Those that were not aware of the fact would have seen Caoimhe's action as foolhardy but she knew she was safe walking the bridge as the bridge's computer system would have been aware of her presence the moment she entered the bridge. Sensors placed in the wall detected any person or vehicle entering the bridge and all vehicles surrender control to the bridge command system meaning she was totally safe. They had learnt the hard way many years ago this was far safer than individual vehicles having their own independent control and navigation systems. In the observation section of the bridge wall sensors and control data links were replaced with bollards that also provided lane separation which had never yet been needed. The downside was that they were more prone to failure than the sensors and links buried in the wall but on the other hand individual bollards could easily be replaced.

All of the was of little concern to Caoimhe who only knew that she had three choices, walk, use a travel pod or leave the jet pack behind. Leaving the jet pack behind was not an option as the whole point of the outing was doing some serious flying in the mountain region. Travelling in a pod was feasible but uncomfortable with the jet pack so the walk was her chosen option, it was a small price to pay for the fun waiting for her at the other end of the bridge.

Bridge Walk HW.jpg

Rokket

Dances with Bees
My sister: "You don't like cats?" (She calls her cats her kids)

Me: "Sure, in the right sauce."

She hasn't invited me to her house since then.

Hornet3d

Wise
Glad t has a resemblance .... did a bit more on him today...

View attachment 38250

Love the likeness and yes I do remember the backstory. ALF was right up my street for comedy, I still remember when he was ask to put a jigsaw together, I think it was the episode when he had a knock on the head and thought he was a insurance salesman, anyway when asked to put the jigsaw together his reply was why me, I didn't break it.