• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

3W Creations WIPs

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Well, I will go until I can't stand it anymore. And after working on obese1, I don't know if I want to tackle obese2. Might just finish up the easy ones and call it a day. :) At least in DS, the collision system covers a multitude of sins, I am basically just doing this for Poser's sake.

Yes, Obese 2 is really extreme and I leave it out of most of my stuff. Same with Body Builder2 - although this one isn't nearly as tough as Obese2. It really depends on how much distortion is required to fit the morph and if it looks bad, I simply omit it.

It's not just a matter of making the clothing fit - it's whether or not you can fit the clothing without texture stretching so bad it's not recognizable. That's why I put my UV template on the Diffuse setting so I can see how badly, and where, the mesh is distorting in morphs.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
StormHawk02.jpg StormHawk03.jpg

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Yes, the wings are rigged and have some movement. And the six "feathers" on the end are individually rigged also.

This is based on Star Storm for Dawn. The body suit and harness are just a conversion to Dusk, with a new texture. The helmet and glider are brand new. I am thinking I will release the Star Storm for Dusk with the bonus Storm Hawk textures, glider and helmet.

Of course, still waiting for the Dawn version to be in the store. Hopefully soon....

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
RE: My 3d Goals.

Seems like I really took a hit this past year. I had a product in QAV with a few issues that needed solving, and then, with apologies to Alisa and the team, I just couldn't get back to it. But late this past winter, I have been slowly making some headway. So this is what I have tentatively in the pipeline, not necessarily in the listed order:

1. Finish product that is languishing in QAV (Star Storm)
2. Break up some WIPs into smaller chunks that can be sold as sweet deals, eg: Morning Commute broken up into briefcase; umbrella; newspaper; and respective poses for each.
3. Another project in the pipeline can also be broken up as sweet deals. It is called Fire Safety, so far consisting of an antique or vintage style fire hose reel; a fire extinguisher (modern; also hope to make an antique one); and an exit sign.
4. Storm Hawk for Dusk

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Oh, and then hopefully around late summer I can get a new computer. I am reaching the limit of what I can do with my current setup. :mad:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
No worries about Star Storm, 3W :)

Glad you're getting back to things!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I'd buy Morning commute as a whole package for DS if you have plans on keeping it as a whole set or bundle of the single pieces.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I'd buy Morning commute as a whole package for DS if you have plans on keeping it as a whole set or bundle of the single pieces.
I still plan to release all the parts, just individually as I complete them. They can probably all be part of a value stack.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
An umbrella made you think of dance moves? Oh, of course . . .

I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love
. . .
Just singin',
Singin' in the rain

OK, sorry about that . . . I just couldn't resist. :D

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
That's funny, I have been thinking about a set of singin in the rain poses. But I wouldn't mind if someone beats me to it. ;)