• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

quietrob

Extraordinary
Arriving a little earlier than the time she agreed to meet Turlough, Caoimhe decides to explore the grounds while pondering how the day might unfold.

View attachment 35673

Scene - Park Avenue set V by Whitemagus

Lighting - EZdome with an Sibl added.
So that's how it should be done. Isn't the EZdome for Superfly use only?

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I usually use EZDome for SuperFly, but I use it more for using HDRi backgrounds, than the render engine I'll be using.

I also have Bagginsbill's EnvSphere, which I used mostly in P9, and now with PP11, but I don't use it for HDRi backgrounds. In fact, I don't believe it can be used for HDRi backgrounds, but then I could be wrong about that.

I don't know for sure that EZDome can only be used with SuperFly, as HDRi images can be used in DS as well. In Blender they're used with the Cycles render engine, which is what SuperFly is based on, but I'm not aware that it's a firm restriction in Poser. I'm sure if someone else knows more about it, they'll post here about it.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Rendered in Carrara and postwork in PSE2018 with Ron's brushes.

Hornet3d

Wise
So that's how it should be done. Isn't the EZdome for Superfly use only?

I am really not sure if it is Superfly only, I remember reading it is a replacement for the dome in provided in Poser 11 as I remember the user notes saying you needed to remove that if it was in scene. I have only used it with Superfly so far, but the big advantage I have found is that it is actually two domes in one, an inner and an outer. The outer controls the light and the inner the background picture so if you reduce the ambient on the outer there little or no effect on the strength of the background. I say little or no effect as I have never dropped the light way down but certainly I have dropped it by 40 % with little impact. Just like Ezskin it just works so I have not read the full manual as I haven't needed to, I am a bloke after all and I don't think we are programmed to read manuals. When I am back at my computer I will spend time and read the user notes.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I am really not sure if it is Superfly only, I remember reading it is a replacement for the dome in provided in Poser 11 as I remember the user notes saying you needed to remove that if it was in scene. I have only used it with Superfly so far, but the big advantage I have found is that it is actually two domes in one, an inner and an outer. The outer controls the light and the inner the background picture so if you reduce the ambient on the outer there little or no effect on the strength of the background. I say little or no effect as I have never dropped the light way down but certainly I have dropped it by 40 % with little impact. Just like Ezskin it just works so I have not read the full manual as I haven't needed to, I am a bloke after all and I don't think we are programmed to read manuals. When I am back at my computer I will spend time and read the user notes.
Oh yes, I totally agree. I always just the push the buttons and click the mouse. I truly didn't even know that Poser came with an online manual and depended on library books for the "inside tips". The roots aren't deep when it comes to learning but some things are just so intuitive like Poser that I was able to pick up things as I went along. I've been having trouble with lighting at times as well as interactive backgrounds with a more or less vanishing horizon.

Hornet3d

Wise
Oh yes, I totally agree. I always just the push the buttons and click the mouse. I truly didn't even know that Poser came with an online manual and depended on library books for the "inside tips". The roots aren't deep when it comes to learning but some things are just so intuitive like Poser that I was able to pick up things as I went along. I've been having trouble with lighting at times as well as interactive backgrounds with a more or less vanishing horizon.

One other nice touch is that it you get Ezdome to add the Sun it is patented to the dome so when using an sibl the light matches the background when I rotate it. Possible to do without Ezdome of course but Ezdome gives you a great starting position with about four mouse clicks.

Hornet3d

Wise
Yes, having now read the user manaul in full one of the example renders is done in Firefly, the only difference it states is that in the render they use the ground as a shadow catcher which is not available in Superfly so you have to add a ground plane.

Another point I discovered is that you can set the position of the sun by using crosshairs on on the HDR image displayed so that the sun is parented in the right position for the image, this is automatic if using an sIBL. From within Ezdome you can also change the colour and intensity of either of the domes without affecting the other and the same can be done with the sun. If you like the set up that can also be saved as a preset. Just look at what can be learned by reading the manual........I know, it will never catch on.

In short, as with all the EZ scripts it is an easy to use feature which has so much power. Having now manganged to convert my character to a Superfly variant I am happy with (and a setup where I can live with the render times) I am using Superfly almost exclusively but I am sure that would not be the case without EZdome. To be able to set up realistic lighting that remains relevant to the scene as you move the camera and all with a few mouse clicks is a real winner.

Hornet3d

Wise
I usually use EZDome for SuperFly, but I use it more for using HDRi backgrounds, than the render engine I'll be using.

I also have Bagginsbill's EnvSphere, which I used mostly in P9, and now with PP11, but I don't use it for HDRi backgrounds. In fact, I don't believe it can be used for HDRi backgrounds, but then I could be wrong about that.

I don't know for sure that EZDome can only be used with SuperFly, as HDRi images can be used in DS as well. In Blender they're used with the Cycles render engine, which is what SuperFly is based on, but I'm not aware that it's a firm restriction in Poser. I'm sure if someone else knows more about it, they'll post here about it.

The user manual acknowledges that EZdome was based on the BagginsBill's ENVDome and ENVSphere props and gives thanks for his permission to use them but that is par for the course for Bagginsbill from whom I, and I am sure many others, have learnt so much. As such I suppose you can see EZdome as a Super version of ENVDome and ENVSphere, whatever, my thanks to both Snarlygribbly and Bagginsbill for creating such a wonderful tool.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
The neon football helmet sign works, but because it mounts close to a wall, the wall material makes a difference. Maybe I should make high/medium/low lightcasting strength material files for it. These are Superfly renders. I can make it work in Firefly. Note the difference in lighting effect between the white-ish drywall and the dark wood paneling.
neon football helmet sign - light wall U.jpg neon football helmet sign - dark wall G.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
The user manual acknowledges that EZdome was based on the BagginsBill's ENVDome and ENVSphere props and gives thanks for his permission to use them but that is par for the course for Bagginsbill from whom I, and I am sure many others, have learnt so much. As such I suppose you can see EZdome as a Super version of ENVDome and ENVSphere, whatever, my thanks to both Snarlygribbly and Bagginsbill for creating such a wonderful tool.
Who hasn't learned a whole lot from BB, the man is a genius. I think Snarly's adaptation of BB's EnvSphere was also pure genius, as it works beautifully.

D

Deleted member 325

Not really thought about it... it would be Carrara only so no good for Poser or DS users anyways.. plus I don't think they are good enough to share out, I only spend a few hours on modeling them for my own practice. But you never know, something I will think about when I've hopefully completed them all.. ;)
I think they look great. I have an older Carrara (7) which if you were willing and they worked in it, I would be happy to try my hand at making them into Poser7+/DS2+ compatible CR2s? Would give me some more practice grouping and rigging (I say P7/DS2 because I feel if I were going to try to make them since I would be converting another's work I should try to make them for all and this was where both were still compatible). I had on a few personal items used Carrara 7 to go between Lightwave 5 and Poser with finer control than posers import for Lightwave allowed.

Just food for thought.

Hornet3d

Wise
The two missiles had traveled almost a third of their initial closing distance before Caoimhe threw the air runner into a banked turn that was close to the design limits of the craft, if not past them. The runner was only equipped with minimal armaments and had no force field so her options were severely limited. The only factor in her favour was that the navigation system gave multi channel data streams direct to her military grade neural implant and in the same instance the warning blips sounded on the cockpit she knew the missile type, speed and capabilities. Without some avoiding action impact would be in 13.4 millicutes and she knew that 0.4 might be critical. She could make the boundaries of the city in 10.16 milicutes so knew she could most likely save lives on the ground. Saving their own lives was a matter of finding the other 3.24 millicutes at which point these particular missiles should have burnt their fuel and self destruct, she hoped the data streams were accurate.

As she threw the craft into the next evasive manoeuvre she shouted for Turlough to eject but he was always brought up to let ladies go first so when she remained in on board, so did he. Not only that, but he decided there were things he wanted to tell her before he left and he doubted he had time to say it all before the missiles hit, and anyway she was rather busy at the moment. Being the passenger he did the only thing he felt he could do to help, he began to pray.

Close Call HW.jpg

City - Dystopia City Blocks 001-010 and 011 - 020 by Billy Home / Moebius87 / Ajax

Craft - Air Car Jumper by Petipet

Lighting - Dome only - Ezdome with sIBL

quietrob

Extraordinary
The neon football helmet sign works, but because it mounts close to a wall, the wall material makes a difference. Maybe I should make high/medium/low lightcasting strength material files for it. These are Superfly renders. I can make it work in Firefly. Note the difference in lighting effect between the white-ish drywall and the dark wood paneling.
View attachment 35697 View attachment 35698
Self illuminating which is always a good thing as one can turn off the light from the sign or use it with that low medium and high option depending on whether it's a party, bar or romantic situation. That's a good idea, seachnasaigh and wonderful execution of the prop itself.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, having now read the user manaul in full one of the example renders is done in Firefly, the only difference it states is that in the render they use the ground as a shadow catcher which is not available in Superfly so you have to add a ground plane.
Actually the latest version of EZDome has a Tab at the top to set up the Catcher. Snarly added the ability to add shadows when rendering in SuperFly. The latest version is 1.5, so if you're still using version 1.2, go grab the newest version.

Hornet3d

Wise
Actually the latest version of EZDome has a Tab at the top to set up the Catcher. Snarly added the ability to add shadows when rendering in SuperFly. The latest version is 1.5, so if you're still using version 1.2, go grab the newest version.

Thank you for the update, I am indeed still using version 1.2 so I am off to grab version 1.5.

quietrob

Extraordinary
The two missiles had traveled almost a third of their initial closing distance before Caoimhe threw the air runner into a banked turn that was close to the design limits of the craft, if not past them. The runner was only equipped with minimal armaments and had no force field so her options were severely limited. The only factor in her favour was that the navigation system gave multi channel data streams direct to her military grade neural implant and in the same instance the warning blips sounded on the cockpit she knew the missile type, speed and capabilities. Without some avoiding action impact would be in 13.4 millicutes and she knew that 0.4 might be critical. She could make the boundaries of the city in 10.16 milicutes so knew she could most likely save lives on the ground. Saving their own lives was a matter of finding the other 3.24 millicutes at which point these particular missiles should have burnt their fuel and self destruct, she hoped the data streams were accurate.

As she threw the craft into the next evasive manoeuvre she shouted for Turlough to eject but he was always brought up to let ladies go first so when she remained in on board, so did he. Not only that, but he decided there were things he wanted to tell her before he left and he doubted he had time to say it all before the missiles hit, and anyway she was rather busy at the moment. Being the passenger he did the only thing he felt he could do to help, he began to pray.

View attachment 35702

City - Dystopia City Blocks 001-010 and 011 - 020 by Billy Home / Moebius87 / Ajax

Craft - Air Car Jumper by Petipet

Lighting - Dome only - Ezdome with sIBL
Exciting story! I kept thinking...Countermeasures! Countermeasures!

she shouted for Turlough to eject but he was always brought up to let ladies go first

Considering the growth in feminism, #Metoo, and the sometimes utter disdain of chivalry, I wonder if women mind that old adage about women and children first?

Hornet3d

Wise
Exciting story! I kept thinking...Countermeasures! Countermeasures!

Considering the growth in feminism, #Metoo, and the sometimes utter disdain of chivalry, I wonder if women mind that old adage about women and children first?

I am sure Caoimhe would have loved some countermeasures, that the trouble with these cheapskate hire veicles.

Many years ago, long before #Metoo, I was called a shoventist pig for getting up to give my seat to a woman, strangely by the very woman I was offering the seat to. I must admit to some glee when, at the next stop, another woman got on and I offered my seat again which she happily accepted. I smiled at my feminist companion for the rest of the journey.

I support almost all of the aims of the women's movement, such as the same pay for the same job and the right to be treated with respect and not harassed but I can't help thinking that along the way something quite special might be lost. Happily, for the rest of my lifetime they will still be the fairer sex and I will continue with the ladies first principle I was taught, no matter how out of fashion it may become.