• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What I worked on today

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I know what you mean about Win10. I've been debating Linux, and I'm at a point now where it might come to fruition. I just know I don't want Win10, and no one's going to sell me a computer with Win7, so Linux it is.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well Windows 7 reinstalled would be ideal, but all the updates I'd have to go through would take forever, and let's face it, Microsoft doesn't support their older products forever. I'd rather go with something that's being supported, and will continue to be supported for some time to come.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well Windows 7 reinstalled would be ideal, but all the updates I'd have to go through would take forever, and let's face it, Microsoft doesn't support their older products forever. I'd rather go with something that's being supported, and will continue to be supported for some time to come.

I think most people find Windows 10 easy to work with after a very short while, it is the forced updates that worry me more.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I have W10 on my laptop but the drivers for Wacom are always causing me problems. I have to manually enable Wacom in the Services window before I open any of my 2D or 3D programs or my Wacom pens pressure sensitivity won't work. I'm sticking with W8 on my desktop PC for now.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I made some changes to the boots. The edges of the leather looked unfinished to me, so I redid the texture so the edges and insides look more realistic. It was a small detail but I think it was well worth the effort. I also slightly changed the ribbings on the edge of the sole.

Docs23.jpg

Docs24.jpg

Docs26.jpg

Bonnie's Boots, also available in grey. :)

Docs25.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think most people find Windows 10 easy to work with after a very short while, it is the forced updates that worry me more.
It's not a matter of it being hard or easy to work with. I have Win7 Pro set up exactly as my WinXP Pro was set up, and it took me over 2 weeks to get it done. I refuse to work with those silly windows in the center of my monitor. I prefer the "old fashioned" Start Menu, and I "think" someone came up with an add-on to emulate it, but I'm just not ready to deal with it to find out whether I can work the way I've been working for many years.

Also, there are folks who have had problems with some of their 3D graphics apps with Win10, and I've wanted to get rid of all things Microsoft/Windows for years.

Hornet3d

Wise
It's not a matter of it being hard or easy to work with. I have Win7 Pro set up exactly as my WinXP Pro was set up, and it took me over 2 weeks to get it done. I refuse to work with those silly windows in the center of my monitor. I prefer the "old fashioned" Start Menu, and I "think" someone came up with an add-on to emulate it, but I'm just not ready to deal with it to find out whether I can work the way I've been working for many years.

Also, there are folks who have had problems with some of their 3D graphics apps with Win10, and I've wanted to get rid of all things Microsoft/Windows for years.

I dabbled with Linux but could not get Poser stable on it, not that it is on my present machine but I dread the idea of moving to Windows 10. Luckily I don't have the money to buy a new computer at the moment but it would be the wrong time to buy anyway. I am interested to see how you get on if you take the Linux route, or any alternative to Windows 10 for that matter.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Maybe just a teeny bit. I like it, but it might be just a tad too "bumpy". I like the brown, and the size is 8 1/2. ;) Not sure how that translates to British shoe sizes however.

Dylan

Eager
You've done a marvelous job on those boots Bonnie. You stuck with it until you fixed everything and now you have a perfect photo-realistic result. You've come a long way with ZBrush in such a short time.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Thanks Janet. Thanks everyone here for being so nice and helpful. You all make it so much fun and enjoyable to post my work here. :)