• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Tyler Armor.png

Still a looong way to go, but it's turning out really nice. I still have a lot of parts to model; hips, boots, gloves, helmet...

Hornet3d

Wise
Kingdom of Marrakesh, one of Jack Tomalin's. Part of the PC+ collection. Might be with one of the texture add ons.

Spot on and you noticed the change in textures, it is Kingdom of Marrakesh 2012 which was a rework of Kingdom of Marrakesh 2009 hence the texture changes. I am not part of the PC club but picked it up while on sale at the end of last year.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Faerie Door P11 demo - night 1200x750 T.jpg
Faerie Door P11 snip - night G 1017x821.jpg
Seeing that the faerie door was connected/active, A3 Sylfie (armor) and A3 Sydni (dress) are curious and decide to go through to get a peek of another time and place. Sylfie is cautious and wary, but Sydni is relaxed and analyzing what she sees. Superfly render, no postwork - that's the way the faerie door renders.

The 2560x1600 wallpaper is still rendering.
whistling.gif

Last edited:

Rokket

Dances with Bees
That looks like a massive set. I have a couple pieces from different places that are pretty large and I rarely ever do renders with them. This looks great!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
View attachment 34809 View attachment 34810 Seeing that the faerie door was connected/active, A3 Sylfie (armor) and A3 Sydni (dress) are curious and decide to go through to get a peek of another time and place. Sylfie is cautious and wary, but Sydni is relaxed and analyzing what she sees. Superfly render, no postwork - that's the way the faerie door renders.

The 2560x1600 wallpaper is still rendering.View attachment 34811
That is amazing work, cousin! How much of that did you re-texture?

seachnasaigh

Energetic
How much of that did you re-texture?
Thank you, cousin.:) I used The Pad which comes with Poser, and replaced the art poster image, made the LCDs of the stereo/video lightcasters, and made the tabletop opaque (because I have the lower steps of the faerie sunk into the table).

The books are freebies I made for Christmas 2009, and I metallicized the gold filigree.

The faerie door is new. I'll make a Firefly IDL (P9/Pro2012+) version which will cast light. It can be used for P5-P8 but you'd need to use Poser lights to compensate for lack of lightcasting. It should be usable in D/S 3Dlight and iRay, Carrara, et al, with a bit of material adaptation.

The "other world" panel within the doorway is parabolic, so it gives an illusion of depth when the camera angle is changed.:geek:

Hornet3d

Wise
That looks like a massive set. I have a couple pieces from different places that are pretty large and I rarely ever do renders with them. This looks great!

I have to admit it did stretch both Poser and my system but I got there in the end.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That is looking good although I agree with you I am not keen on the knee guards.
I have to agree. For some reason the knee pads give his legs a strange shape, though that may just be the angle of his pose. The rest of the suit is looking real good. ;)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
The knee pads have been redone, and I'll post another render with them in awhile. I am struggling to get a decent helmet. I may have to resort to looking for a reference image.