• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Render Dimensions has three boxes, width, height and resolution. Theory is that 72 is fine for screen work and 300 for printing.
Oh duuuuuuuuuuuh!!
BangHeadEmoti.gif
I was thinking Render Settings dialog, not the Render Dimensions dialog. ~sheesh~

BTW, I tried checking the link you supplied, but all I could see was the details in the upper right corner, not the image itself. Is that because I'm not a member?

Hornet3d

Wise
Hornet, that's a pretty cool thing to do, get a book printed up of favourite renders. I may have to do that one day. My renders obviously though! :)
Yep. Definitely a cool thing!

Nice to hear why you use 600ppi as a final resolution, it makes more sense to me now, although with your workflow of resizing the final image in PSP, the Poser ppi still doesn't really matter, just the actual pixel dimensions do.

I don't doubt that your right but even when on sale the books are expensive and I guess I figured out a method that was successful and I guess I then sort of take the 'if it ain't broke don't try to fix it' attitude just to be on the safe side.

My wife started the book trend by having one made up for my birthday one year. I so liked seeing my stuff in a book (very vain I know) I did one the following year. It is nice to flick back through them on occasions just to see how my disasters......sorry, art has changed over the years.

Hornet3d

Wise
Oh duuuuuuuuuuuh!! View attachment 34502 I was thinking Render Settings dialog, not the Render Dimensions dialog. ~sheesh~

BTW, I tried checking the link you supplied, but all I could see was the details in the upper right corner, not the image itself. Is that because I'm not a member?

Whoops, sorry I think the site is a bit behind the times and uses flash as it runs a slide show and it can also be viewed full screen. You don't need to be a member, I tried before from another computer before I posted the link. You will have seen many of the renders anyway but there are a couple that are a two page spread and I could not think of another way to portray that here.

Hornet3d

Wise
Just looked at the one you posted a link to, a nice variety of renders.

Thanks, as you can see most of it is sci fi but I do break out once in a while. On the whole they are the ones I have produced over the last year that mean the most to me which could be because I think they were good or because I found it hard to create for one reason or another, even more obscure reasons sometimes. Just provides a trip down memory lane once in a while and if I only buy when there is a sale on they are not too expensive.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Whoops, sorry I think the site is a bit behind the times and uses flash as it runs a slide show and it can also be viewed full screen. You don't need to be a member, I tried before from another computer before I posted the link. You will have seen many of the renders anyway but there are a couple that are a two page spread and I could not think of another way to portray that here.
Ahhhh, that explains it, as I haven't had Flash active on my laptop for quite some time, as it's unreliable. A lot of sites are redoing their videos and animated graphics to do without Flash.

I'm just surprised there was no notice, as some sites I've been to lately specifically tell you Flash needs to be installed, and have a link to download it. There was no notice on Photobox about it, so it didn't occur to me that it was a Flash issue.

Hornet3d

Wise
Ahhhh, that explains it, as I haven't had Flash active on my laptop for quite some time, as it's unreliable. A lot of sites are redoing their videos and animated graphics to do without Flash.

I'm just surprised there was no notice, as some sites I've been to lately specifically tell you Flash needs to be installed, and have a link to download it. There was no notice on Photobox about it, so it didn't occur to me that it was a Flash issue.

Yea sorry about that, it wasn't until you mentioned the almost blank page that I remembered that you mentioned elsewhere that you did not use flash. I am surprised there is now warning but then I guess they are a print house and this is just a added feature, one that I don't use that much. Their actual tools for creating the book and it generates a pop up each time you add a page on the quality and highlights a warning if the quality is going to be low. On the whole creating the book is fairly easy.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
No, that's an old Handspan MR done for Poser pre-Superfly. I made no changes, rendered in Superfly as loaded onto the shirt.

Impressive! Seems like something out of the Physical Surface root node, which is good to simplify exactly these kind of materials. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
So this is my take on a promotional poster for a movie, or at least that is what I had in mind when I started out.

Ooh, cool sci-fi promo! Those ships on the back remind of of Battleship Galactica. ^___^

Now this is a joint project I have started with Volpe Box last year that got stuck and forgotten. It's a full body toon morph for Dawn. I might finish it myself when I get the time.

TooningUp_1200.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Ooh, cool sci-fi promo! Those ships on the back remind of of Battleship Galactica. ^___^

Now this is a joint project I have started with Volpe Box last year that got stuck and forgotten. It's a full body toon morph for Dawn. I might finish it myself when I get the time.

View attachment 34643

The ships are from coflek-gnorg and are called Fighter Spaceship but I do see the same likeness you do.

The original idea of the render was for a double page thread A3 book hence the landscape format rather than the portrait format of a poster. That was the intent but I fouled up and rendered at twice the height not twice the width so it all had to be redone.

Version 2

Movie Poster HW.jpg