• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Cat Renders Here!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Personally: I'd like to see Tiny to do her hair thing to what ever Snow Leopard textured offered, not that I most wouldn't likely purchase what ever texture was offered eventually...lol It's a cat thing, can't explain it, you have to have that gene activated by being exposed to cat hair on a regular basis....Though come to think it, it is not fully activated until you cough up your first hair ball......lol
If I know Laurie, once she gets to it it will be stellar, but I also know she has soo much to do atm, and yes, tiny's hair system would be a very good choice!! LOL !! On the furball!! Church has to have a special diet to cope with that as he is a domestic long hair and looks dreadful in the summer when he starts to shed if not combed on a regular basis.

luannemarie

Busy Bee
Title: Unlikely Trio
Unlikely Trio 101z.jpg

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Personally: I'd like to see Tiny to do her hair thing to what ever Snow Leopard textured offered, not that I most wouldn't likely purchase what ever texture was offered eventually...lol It's a cat thing, can't explain it, you have to have that gene activated by being exposed to cat hair on a regular basis....Though come to think it, it is not fully activated until you cough up your first hair ball......lol

I agree- I hope Tiny will do a Poser version! I am working away on LAMH presets for the various HW big cats. No one preset will work for all I am finding so will be doing other presets for the Leopard and also for the cub. This is a quicky "snow leopard" done using the Cougar morph as it is closer to a snow leopard's shape, and a very fast conversion from my leopard map which is not correct for a snow leopard but it will give you an idea. Also here is my Cougar LAMH preset which is almost done- needs a few tweaks.

SnowLeopardLAMHrough1.jpg
Cougar LMAH ZEN 2c.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
SNOW LEOPARD, YAY!!!!! Can you tell I'm very happy to see him. :D

Oh and the Cougar's looking good too. ;)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks Miss B and Wolffie!!

One more... for Miss B:) I did some dial spinning on the cougar to make a more snow leopard-ish face/head:)

If I'm snowed in again tom., I might start messing with the texture more/start on correct facial markings first.

SnowLeopardMorph.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B and Wolffie!!

One more... for Miss B:) I did some dial spinning on the cougar to make a more snow leopard-ish face/head:)

If I'm snowed in again tom., I might start messing with the texture more/start on correct facial markings first.

View attachment 33539
Snow Baby!! Rawr!! Gorgeous Laurie!! I really like what you have done with the face and ears!! I dialed in the cougar 100% but still sort of looked like it didn't have enough volume in some areas for the leopard. Sorry too if you were not ready to work on this LOL needed something good to go with the background image.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I also added 100% Bulk under Body too in the later render. LOL actually a lot of a snow leopard's bulky look is all that thick fur. I def need to give him more belly fur in LAMH too.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I also added 100% Bulk under Body too in the later render. LOL actually a lot of a snow leopard's bulky look is all that thick fur. I def need to give him more belly fur in LAMH too.
I will give that a try next time I give it a shot ....... but, probably wont be until these lovelies are in the store. Not sure you can mix and match, but it seems a bit longer and thicker on the underside than the rest of the body. Are you planning on including the morph?

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE

I can't wait to see what else you come up with for him. The Snow Leopard is my all time fave big cat. :D

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I will give that a try next time I give it a shot ....... but, probably wont be until these lovelies are in the store. Not sure you can mix and match, but it seems a bit longer and thicker on the underside than the rest of the body. Are you planning on including the morph?

Probably not since it uses the cougar as a base, but I didn't do that much- I can make a free chart of the dial spins I did. Once you put in the dial spins then it can be saved as a character for re-use.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I think the paws needs squish morphs as they look very bulky and rounded at the bottom end.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
One cool thing I did just find in DS (not sure if there is a similar deal in Poser, but I do know an easy workaround to do the same thing) is to copy the figure I've just made above and I can load a new scene and new Big Cat and "paste to figure" so in essence making the cub shape in that new scene/figure. In Poser I've done it by just merging a partial scene with the morphed figure in it to another scene.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I think the paws needs squish morphs as they look very bulky and rounded at the bottom end.

That is a pose morph that exists in the Big Cat /Cub and is pose dependent (if he had his paw up you wouldn't want that:) This is meant to be a base. ( the pads flatten morphs are under Body->Paws)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
One cool thing I did just find in DS (not sure if there is a similar deal in Poser, but I do know an easy workaround to do the same thing) is to copy the figure I've just made above and I can load a new scene and new Big Cat and "paste to figure" so in essence making the cub shape in that new scene/figure. In Poser I've done it by just merging a partial scene with the morphed figure in it to another scene.
You can merge scenes in DS as well so if you can't save it as a character or a pose (don't know why either didn't work) you could save the scene and merge it anytime you like :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Sometimes the pose won't save every thing, but if you also add the shape morph with the pose and save out as a property it tends to work.