• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Zaarin's Products

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Thanks! The perfect Disney teeth that Poser figures so often exhibit drives me crazy; real people have crooked teeth, teeth gaps, sharp canines, buckteeth, etc.
Totally agree. Big pet peeve of mine. Unless you've paid thousands of dollars for braces, and/or had a dentist cap all your teeth so they're perfectly straight, flawless and white, then they will be perfect. But ppl in real life like the rest of us, even kids, have some sort of flaw.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Tucked away in my long list of projects that I'd like to do is a full set of vintage faces for V4 and M4, which was my original plan for Jazz Age Dames before I had to rush it to meet the group release deadline.
I had more than one Flapper dress, and my mom was a Flapper back in the day, so it made sense to me to get it. :)

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I had more than one Flapper dress, and my mom was a Flapper back in the day, so it made sense to me to get it. :)
Oh how exciting that your mom was a flapper! Hope she has photos from back in those days. They would be a treasure :)
I have a couple flapper dresses but I believe they were both for V4 and different vendors.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, the flapper dresses I have are for V4, though Satira's Clarette Rose Outfit for Dawn works as well. ;)

Oh I have lots of photos of my mom from her youth somewhere in this house, and the headshot that appeared in one of the local newspapers announcing her marriage to my dad is very typical of that era. Sorry it's not a clearer image, but I took it with my cellphone last year, and then cleaned it up as best I could.

Mom-Cloche.png

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Yes, the flapper dresses I have are for V4, though Satira's Clarette Rose Outfit for Dawn works as well. ;)
Oh I have lots of photos of my mom from her youth somewhere in this house, and the headshot that appeared in one of the local newspapers announcing her marriage to my dad is very typical of that era. Sorry it's not a clearer image, but I took it with my cellphone last year, and then cleaned it up as best I could.
View attachment 29382
Oh that's fabulous! You're so lucky to have it! It conjures up so much from that era....bathtub gin, secret clubs, etc.

Zaarin

Brilliant

View attachment 29382
I typically dislike hats, but there's just something so pretty about the cloche. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, and my mother wore her hair very short, so it never got too messed up when she wore it.

Of course, by the time I showed up on the scene, she wasn't wearing them much any more. ;)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Zaarin I hope you do port your wonderfull morphs over to Dawn and Dusk, I picked up at lest one pack back at RDNA and would love to see them on the HiveWire figures.
Not being a coder I have to wonder if something like GenX couldn't be made for Dawn and Co to port over V4 and Co morphs. Though I can see that folks that make characters might not like the idea as it could cut into sales

Zaarin

Brilliant
@Zaarin I hope you do port your wonderfull morphs over to Dawn and Dusk, I picked up at lest one pack back at RDNA and would love to see them on the HiveWire figures.
Not being a coder I have to wonder if something like GenX couldn't be made for Dawn and Co to port over V4 and Co morphs. Though I can see that folks that make characters might not like the idea as it could cut into sales
I'd love to do that as well--Dawn and Dusk are both beautiful figures with the best rigging of any figure I've seen. The problem is that they need more morphs for the little details and asymmetries: without these it's very difficult to create the everyday sort of faces I make. :(

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I'd love to do that as well--Dawn and Dusk are both beautiful figures with the best rigging of any figure I've seen. The problem is that they need more morphs for the little details and asymmetries: without these it's very difficult to create the everyday sort of faces I make. :(
Yeah I can understand that, I ran into the same thing trying to do a bit of dial spinning myself

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees

The thing is, though, you can use the morph brush to get those asymmetrical features in without waiting on someone else to do morphs for you. The morph brush is perfect for those things.

Zaarin

Brilliant
The thing is, though, you can use the morph brush to get those asymmetrical features in without waiting on someone else to do morphs for you. The morph brush is perfect for those things.
That's probably true. But even if I figured out how to morph a face without making it look like a giant spike (I jest--I occasionally use the morph brush to smooth out clothing, morphing and dynamic, to make it fit/fold better), I have no idea how to save or distribute that data. :oops:

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
That's probably true. But even if I figured out how to morph a face without making it look like a giant spike (I jest--I occasionally use the morph brush to smooth out clothing, morphing and dynamic, to make it fit/fold better), I have no idea how to save or distribute that data. :oops:

You save it just like you do your dial spins. In fact, it becomes a dial spin when you create it.

When you open the morph brush, Create New and name it something unique. When you are done, you will have a new dial to spin to your heart's content. And, if you are using Poser Pro 11, you simply use File Export to create your INJ file with all your dial spins.

Zaarin

Brilliant
You save it just like you do your dial spins. In fact, it becomes a dial spin when you create it.

When you open the morph brush, Create New and name it something unique. When you are done, you will have a new dial to spin to your heart's content. And, if you are using Poser Pro 11, you simply use File Export to create your INJ file with all your dial spins.
Thank you!!! I have a new toy to play with. :D

Zaarin

Brilliant
So, the Christmas gift I promised...I'm updating all my thumbnails to A) look more consistent, B) look more professional, and C) take advantage of the fact that Poser has accepted larger thumbnails than 91x91 for many, many years now. ;) All thumbnails are now about triple the maximum size that you can see in Poser's tree view, but you can open "detail view" or a file browser to view them full size--should make seeing the details of the faces much easier. :) So far Mélange: Pour Femme and Mélange: Pour Homme are done; other sets will follow soon-ish. :)

Get them here! If you have the appropriate set, just drop the new files into the folder. If you don't, feel free to download anyway--these are probably clearer for some of the faces than my actual promos. ;) Next up will probably be Jazz Age Dames and Faces of Youth for K4.