• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Zaarin's Products

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Hi Zaarin (I knew you as Blackthorn from the 5+ years I worked at RDNA). I thought you had a morph set that was just African head morphs, and now I can't find it in my downloads from RDNA, or anywhere else. Am I wrong about you having that pack? I'm looking for male African heads I can use in DazStudio even if it means using M4 in DS and trying to figure out how to get your morphs to work on the Genesis line of figures.
Thanks, Suze

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Hi Zaarin (I knew you as Blackthorn from the 5+ years I worked at RDNA). I thought you had a morph set that was just African head morphs, and now I can't find it in my downloads from RDNA, or anywhere else. Am I wrong about you having that pack? I'm looking for male African heads I can use in DazStudio even if it means using M4 in DS and trying to figure out how to get your morphs to work on the Genesis line of figures.
Thanks, Suze

I don't remember an African set, but I do remember Native American sets for both V4 and M4. They were lovely, too.
Men of Cahokia

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Yes, I have those and they were great. For the generation 4 figures, but those can be used in DS, so not an issue. But am hoping for a set of African male and female sets with ethnic features and lips.

Zaarin

Brilliant
Thanks, Suze
Sadly I do not have a set of just African morphs. I do have Nigerian, Ethiopian, Berber, and Egyptian morphs in the Mélange packages, and Ethiopian, Berber, and Egyptian in the Faces of Youth for K4 as well. I do have another Mélange set sort of in the works that I intend to include Egyptian, Malagasy, Hausa, and Khoi-San faces in, but it may be a while. It's unlikely I'll ever do a set of exclusively of African faces simply because I find them the hardest to get "just right." :( (As for using them with Genesis, I don't use DS myself but I do know people have used the Gen4-to-Genesis morph converter to use my faces on Genesis. I believe I remember seeing @JOdel do such a thing?)

I don't remember an African set, but I do remember Native American sets for both V4 and M4. They were lovely, too.
Men of Cahokia
"Women of Cahokia" is currently in my store here but "Men of Cahokia" is not. It was my first product and there are a number of things I wish I'd done differently with it to meet my current standards. Among the other projects I'm working on at the moment is "Men of Cahokia 2.0," which will make the faces more accurate and also no longer require every morph set in my library. ;) (I think I even used Freak 4 in that set for some unknown reason...)

That being said, I think I have Native American morphs pretty well covered between Woman of Cahokia, Unfinished Business in Cahokia, Men and Women of Canandaigua, plus Pawnee/Quechua/Mayan/Inuit morphs in the Mélange sets. :D

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I'm not sure about your ethnic morphs -- I do have several packages of them, but yes, I used GenX to port over a *lot* of gen4 morphs to Genesis 1. It worked well within the parameters I needed, although there were sometimes eye issues when I did something like port over an A3 character.

Actually, what I seem to have used it most for is building old people. There never have been all that many of those and I needed a lot of them.

It was also really good for porting over expression presets. Most gen4 expressions were one-click presets and GenX put them onto dials which made them all *much* more useful.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I have these packs:

American Indian Men
Men and Women of Cahokia
Unfinished Business in Cahokia for Men and Women
Men of Canandaigua
Melange pour Homme and Melange pour Femme (which have Nigerian and Ethopian)
Women of Yerevan
Jazz Age Dames

I missed out on Women of Canandaigua somehow. :(

I'll have to check and see if I have the Gen4 to Genesis converter. I also have GenX and GenX2 but I heard you can't have them both installed at the same time, and I have X2 installed, so maybe I'll have to uninstall that first?? Never thought of aging them JOdel, good tip!

Thanks for all the info Zaarin and JOdel!

Zaarin

Brilliant
Sorry, no, didn't realize. Been a bit frantic around here, and last I knew of him he was 'Blackthorn', so I didn't make the association when the forum thread was titled 'Zaarin's Products'.
I changed my vendor name because I go by "Zaarin" everywhere but RDNA, so I thought it would be easier. :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
GenX 2 is the later version of GenX. You don't need to uninstall it. That was the upgrade version when people wanted to port heir morphs over to Genesis 2 and beyond. It needs a swarm of add-ons in order to do it, but you can get things ported all the way from gen3 to G3.

Yeah, it took a while before Zev0 brought out his aging morphs. So suddenly we had a scattered collection of gen4 older characters which had built up over the 5 years that gen4 had been the be-all and end-all, and then suddenly there was Genesis, which had nothing whatsoever for the first year or so.

The issue for me was that Genesis and DS 4 worked so much better on my rig than DS 3 *ever* had, that I wasn't about to fight with gen4 any more than I absolutely had to. But I still needed a collection of old people.

Last edited:

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Yep, many of the previously "Blackthorn" products as well as any new Zaarin ones will be found here:
The 3D Artistry of Zaarin
Thanks Alisa. :D
I wishlisted the Women of Canandagua since I only have the Mens' pack.
I don't use K4 really at all anymore since Genesis 1 can be a baby to kid to adult, monster, demon, etc., but Omar (Berber) is so adorable! I not only love his face, but his teeth as well with the separation. Real world teeth always make a character more 'human'.

Last edited:

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
GenX 2 is the later version of GenX. You don't need to uninstall it. That was the upgrade version when people wanted to port heir morphs over to Genesis 2 and beyond. It needs a swarm of add-ons in order to do it, but you can get things ported all the way from gen3 to G3.
Yeah, it took a while before Zev0 brought out his aging morphs. So suddenly we had a scattered collection of gen4 older characters which had built up over the 5 years that gen4 had been the be-all and end-all, and then suddenly there was Genesis, which had nothing whatsoever for the first year or so.
The issue for me was that Genesis and DS 4 worked so much better on my rig than DS 3 *ever* had, that I wasn't about to fight with gen4 any more than I absolutely had to. But I still needed a collection of old people.
OMG, then I guess I have to actually read the readme on this one. So I guess I'll install the GenX since you say it plays nice with GenX2. thanks for that info. I just need to go from V4 to Genesis 1 first to get comfortable, then maybe try going further. o_O

Zaarin

Brilliant
Thanks Alisa. :D
I wishlisted the Women of Canandagua since I only have the Mens' pack.
I don't use K4 really at all anymore since Genesis 1 can be a baby to kid to adult, monster, demon, etc., but Omar (Berber) is so adorable! I not only love his face, but his teeth as well with the separation. Real world teeth always make a character more 'human'.
Thanks! The perfect Disney teeth that Poser figures so often exhibit drives me crazy; real people have crooked teeth, teeth gaps, sharp canines, buckteeth, etc.

I have the Jazz Age Dames as well, and like it.
Tucked away in my long list of projects that I'd like to do is a full set of vintage faces for V4 and M4, which was my original plan for Jazz Age Dames before I had to rush it to meet the group release deadline.