• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Poser Content Directory is Finally Here!

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, one more.

Another freebie of the day. This Is Truespace:

From Caligari:
This is the full working version--nothing removed or crippled, no time limits or watermarks. Features include: Powerful point editing, smoothing, sweeping, and deformation tools; amazing metaballs and plastiform tools to create organic shapes; multiple spot, local, and infinite lights; full physics simulation engine; bones, skinning, and inverse kinematics for character animation.

A large number of file import and export formats add to the flexibility and compatibility with other programs. Output formats include rendered stills, animation, or VRML. A very active community provides support and interaction. Large selections of 3rd party plug-ins provide extra capabilities.

http://download.cnet.com/TrueSpace/3000-6677_4-10187286.html

quietrob

Extraordinary
Actually, I'm looking Earl. Thank you very much for posting these links. I'm actually to the point of AlmOST creating something in blender. Plus since I do comic book work, anything that enhances a render or help with postwork is greatly wanted. One can not have too many tools.

Nod

Adventurous
Okay, one more.

Another freebie of the day. This Is Truespace:

From Caligari:
This is the full working version--nothing removed or crippled, no time limits or watermarks. Features include: Powerful point editing, smoothing, sweeping, and deformation tools; amazing metaballs and plastiform tools to create organic shapes; multiple spot, local, and infinite lights; full physics simulation engine; bones, skinning, and inverse kinematics for character animation.

A large number of file import and export formats add to the flexibility and compatibility with other programs. Output formats include rendered stills, animation, or VRML. A very active community provides support and interaction. Large selections of 3rd party plug-ins provide extra capabilities.

http://download.cnet.com/TrueSpace/3000-6677_4-10187286.html

I thought it died years ago? That was one of the first 3D packages that I used on the PC, after moving from Cyber Sculpt on the Atari ST. :laugh:

eclark1894

Visionary
I thought it died years ago? That was one of the first 3D packages that I used on the PC, after moving from Cyber Sculpt on the Atari ST. :laugh:
Technically, it is no longer being developed, but Caligari released it to everyone for free.

As long as I'm mentioning it, though, I just made an update to the directory and added the Content Creation category to the index page. This new category will feature links to software usually used to develop content not only for Poser, but for most of the 3D world. This also includes Photoediting and manipulation software, UV texturemapping software, and 3d modeling software.

I'm also in the middle of updating the tutorials page by adding the Poser and Renderosity video tutorials and webinars. I also found ArtBee's missing Mauals. I swear I didn't have them. I just found them. :whistling:

D

Deleted member 325

Here's a site that has a mix of original content as well as some close clones of popular game and sci-fi figures for poser. A lot of it is quite nice. I think it should be included in the directory - but I am unsure where everyone stands given apparent controversy over FoRender (I think they should be included too for completeness, and the final use of models up to those who would shop there...maybe have a section for sites that are very Fan-Art themed).
Freedom Of Art - Home page

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Here's a site that has a mix of original content as well as some close clones of popular game and sci-fi figures for poser. A lot of it is quite nice. I think it should be included in the directory - but I am unsure where everyone stands given the apparent controversy over FoRender (I think they should be included too for completeness, and the final use of models up to those who would shop there...maybe have a section for sites that are very Fan-Art themed).
Freedom Of Art - Home page

Perhaps it would be wise to go back and read the posts dealing with FoRender! The site was not omitted because of its clones of game and sci-fi figures but because of much more serious security issues (which have still not been addressed or even acknowledged by the owner). While including it for the sake of completeness may, on the face of it, appear to be fair, I am sure no one would want to see anyone lose the contents of their bank accounts because we chose to ignore the clear potential for such which is present at FoRender. Having experienced the sites lack of concern at first-hand I am sure myself, Earl, or anyone else, would feel comfortable about taking that risk with a pinch of salt!

eclark1894

Visionary
For the record, I'd delete the links to Hivewire if I thought Lisa and/or Chris were up to some shady dealings. My offer still stands though, have FoRender address the allegations against them to my satisfaction, and I'll list them again. You don't think that's fair? My email address is on the site's contact page. I'd love to clear things up with them if there's no basis for the allegations.

quietrob

Extraordinary
@Mythocentric and I have discussed certain allegations. I would like to know has anything been conclusively proven regarding these allegations. It is difficult to disprove a negative. I could give examples but I think you understand where I'm coming from. It would be far more compelling to prove guilt. For instance. Website A sells the same item has website B but with different authors assuming the different authors are different people and not the same people under a different name.

eclark1894

Visionary
@Mythocentric and I have discussed certain allegations. I would like to know has anything been conclusively proven regarding these allegations. It is difficult to disprove a negative.

I'm not asking for conclusive proof. And the way to disprove a negative is to prove a positive. If A says he didn't kill Someone, then you find who did. If B did NOT happen, then what DID?

quietrob

Extraordinary
Bowing out of this particular part of thread before Alisa sends me to the cornfield. I'll just happily follow the progress of your project.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
As Earl said, a word from FoRender's owner would at least help but, sadly in my case we have had no response. I mentioned elsewhere that the person with whom I was apparently sharing my account has been contacted by my solicitor and it transpires that he too has tried to get in touch with the site owner concerning this and ,like myself has recieved no reply. And that, at the moment is it. All we've been able to establish with any certainty is that the owner is of Russian nationality with a site server based in the USA and with an address (required by the people who oversee the crowdsource funding for his Extra Clones) in Canada. With regards to the latter we were only supplied with the name of the Town and the State. Clearly, for me to pursue this any further would involve some considerable expense which I am reluctant to do. We can only wait and see.

quietrob

Extraordinary
You know. That might be the most egregious of any sin. It's not a crime to live in another country and have your server or business based in the USA. It's not a crime to be Russian. As far as products, I've seen light sabers in different places for free and for profit. I wouldn't know if one could actually patent a katana. I've seen authentic replica's of motorcycles and vehicles missing the symbol that would make them a Harley or a Mercedes or a BMW. But @Mythocentric 's first hand and not heresay knowledge detailing the co-mingling of accounts is enough to disqualify the site until the owner simply owns up and admits a mistake was made and a rectification has been set in place.

Okay, now I'm bowing out. Maybe. Until next time.

eclark1894

Visionary
Really, what's irking me a bit from people who seem to think I'm being unfair to FoRender, is that I've done something wrong. I haven't hurt these people at all. Their website is still up and running, as far as I know. Anyone who wants to shop there is free to do so, and I haven't personally told anyone to not shop there. The only thing I've done is delete their link from my apparently not very well known directory.

D

Deleted member 325

@Mythocentric I did not read the details of what issue you were having with the site owner. I only had read several posts discussing the legality of the contents, and a few where there was a Google security warning (which I have never received from Google). I was not trying to make an affront to your issues or what you were dealing with. I have never had problems reaching the site admin myself, and have only had call to reach out twice, so I can not speak to that. I do not know if you have the direct email from the sites support center- PM me.

@eclark1894 I was not trying to cause umbrage. My thoughts were merely involved in the dwindling Pool of Poser content, and similar issues.

I am not an advocate of the site, nor do I bear it any malice. I have often said I have very mixed feelings on Fan reproductions and Likenesses to real persons.

Currently I only have limited time to get online daily and read or address anything. This is why I have avoided a lot of conversations I would like to have taken part in.

eclark1894

Visionary
Just out of curiosity, do you guys think I should start a news page? The site is Poser-centric, but should I also include news about DAZ and the whole Poserverse? I ask because to truth be told, I'm not even sure DAZ considers itself to be part of the Poser community any longer.

Reactions: Nod
D

Deleted member 325

I think a news page that could provide news regarding Poser, it's development, etc... would be fantastic - though that information seems not to always be forthcoming or easy to get this day. A general newspage could be useful - though news about DAZ and it's goings on are readily available in so many places these days - at least the official versions Sanctioned by Daz.
A news page about the Hobby as a whole (3D rendering, modeling, animation) that also mentioned and explored other supporting tools and such I think would be welcome by the community.