• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Carey

Extraordinary
Well, it turned out that what I posted last week *wasn't* the midterm. That was just supposed to be the final version of the *modeling*. The midterm entails painting and rendering and building a composite.

Of course, on Saturday he finally showed us how to adjust the scale of a *part* of the model independently, so he no longer has stubby arms. But of course I had to pretty much rebuild about a third of the whole project.

But, well, hey, I've no objection to building composites in Photoshop. So this is what will be finally turned in, *this* Saturday. I do feel rather better about it. But I certainly wish that I'd had the information and could have scaled the arms *before* building the armor. View attachment 31613
he looks a little unsure of himself...love it

Carey

Extraordinary

Something I done for the Carrara Challenge #36 over there.............. a ways...........

How to Catch a Fireman
Rendered in Carrara postwork in PSE2018

going to need a ladder to put out this fire...lol great work!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Nope. Not online. Santa Monica College has an Entertainment and Design track and I've been taking classes there. The commute is right on the very edge of "doable", but my previous school, L.A. City College, only had one introductory class in 3D modeling. So this is probably about the best I am going to find, without having to deal with either an undoable commute, or private school fees.

Of curse, SMC only became a possibility when the Expo line went into commission. Trying to do that commute entirely by bus wouldn't have worked at all.

Hornet3d

Wise
I rather miss the narrative, Hornet. She isn't a Terran so I would wonder what her prayer would sound like.

Still great work!!

Thank you. Normally when I do a render I have a story in mind or it comes to me while I am building a scene. This time I was keeping my mind active when I was not having the best of days health wise, so it is more a sort of a doodle. Point taken though and normal service will be resumed very soon I hope.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Into the valley of death... I remember reading that poem in school back in the day. Somehow I always pictured it has having occurred much longer ago than "just" 100 years. Nice to know the actual date finally.

I've been silently lurking for quite a while now; been really busy with work and a move, but I did have some time to squeak in some renders. This one was a promo scene done for DAZ's Stephanie 8, which wasn't done nearly in time for them to use it. Oh well. It was an interesting challenge nonetheless. I'm not big into pop stars, so when I learned that was the "theme" of the character, my first thought was "Famous? Ok. Music? Ok. Must be someone from an orchestra..." And yes, I was listening to Mozart when I put this scene together. :)

View media item 3853

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
It *was* longer ago than that. 'The Charge of the Light Brigade' was from the Crimean war in the 1850s. 1854, I think. Although I could be mixing that up with some other engagement.

I rather suspect that there are poems to spare on various engagements of WWI, but Charge of the Light Brigade rather has seniority.

Actually; if you enjoy "history with footnotes" in your fiction, I can recommend the late George MacDonald Frasier's Flashman series. It purports to be the memoirs of one Harry Padget Flashman, who seems to have ended up in most of the significant engagements of 19th century Britain. 'Flashman at the Charge' will tell you all you ever wanted to know about the Crimean engagement. Entertainingly, too.

And yes, this is the same Harry Flashman, the school bully who was sent down in disgrace from Rugby in 'Tom Brown's School Days'.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
You're thinking of the Crimean War ( 1854-56 ) and the poem by Alfred Lord Tennison...

This poem was written to memorialize a suicidal charge by light cavalry over open terrain by British forces in the Battle of Balaclava (Ukraine) in the Crimean War (1854-56). 247 men of the 637 in the charge were killed or wounded.

The charge on Beersheba was by the ANZACS ( Australian & New Zealand Horsemen ) on this day during WWI

quietrob

Extraordinary
100 years!

As a young teen, Sometimes, I was called upon to read a poem, aloud or write about one in an essay. Yes there is clearly a difference between this battle and The Charge of the Light Brigade but what young man (or now old man) with battle in his blood didn't enjoy the latter. Especially led by Errol Flynn.

Thank goodness for Lord Tennyson. How could any teenage boy resist...

Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
“Forward, the Light Brigade!
Charge for the guns!” he said.
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

Great Image. Great Poem.

Last edited: