• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Love ...

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Things I love and also things I miss that I loved....:love: Sadly most of my 'things I love and miss' are from long ago childhood memories from back home. Nothing to love about Texas or life here. So here's my little list.....

-When perfect strangers ask you a question about something in the aisle at the grocery store, then you strike up a conversation with them and feel like you've known them for years. (actually happens here in my local grocery stores in Texas!!)

-Love the smell of a food that takes you right back to your childhood when your mom made one of your favorite meals. Doesn't happen often, but it's a nice warm feeling when it does. I really miss my mom and it brings me back to happy times. Doesn't even have to be food. My dad was an avid carpenter and loved to build things. I was his little shadow and always spent time with him by his workbench to collect wood shavings and also going to the lumbar yard with him. Now when I smell fresh cut wood or wood shavings, I remember those times with my dad and how much I miss that too.

-The smell of the damp dirt right after it rains or when you have the sprinklers on in the yard.

-The smell of freshly mowed grass or hay. Grass has kind of that sharp bright smell. Hay has an almost 'off' smell bordering on funk, but reminds me of horseback riding and the stables, and also my 2 brothers who had farms and I smelled this during mowing season.

-I loved the smell of burning leaves in the fall back home in Illinois. We had huge trees around the yard when I was a kid and then at the house where we lived when my kids were a bit older. We'd rake huge piles of leaves and when we were done jumping in them and having leaf fights, we'd rake them out to the curb and light them on fire. First you smelled that thick smoke, then the leaves when they started to burn. It's a smell you never forget no matter how long it's been. They've had burn bans since about 1980 or so, but before that we always burned them. All the neighbors did too. All up and down the street you could see the smoke and smell that smell.

-I loved the sound that my ice skates made when gliding across the ice. Kind of a sharp scratchy sound....hard to describe. But it was distinct to skating. The feel of the icy cold air making your cheeks red and your toes go numb. then the wonderful feeling of sticking the toes of your skates close to the blazing fire in the little wood stove at the rink where we'd warm our toes just enough to feel them again and then head back out to the ice. Same goes for cross country skiing. Local public golf courses back home would let you ski there once there was a good base with some powder. And the sound of nothing but your skis swooshing through the snow and the complete silence all around you made you feel like you were in the middle of nowhere.

Ok that's it for me. :love:

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I love a morning like today......a cool, comfortable morning sitting on the porch watching nature wake up. We have a female red tail hawk with a nest nearby who stops by trying to catch the chihuahua puppy for breakfast. Evidently, she thinks he's the exact right size. She sits on a tree branch intently waiting for him to come outside alone.

Then, a gigantic heron flew overhead - couldn't miss the massive shadow on the ground. I looked up to see his solid white belly but couldn't see the outer feathers to guess great white or great blue. Beautiful and big!

Not sure what kind of bird, but one I swear says "here kitty, kitty" over and over. And the wild turkeys calling to each other.

The hummingbird wars over my feeders. So far we have 6 at the feeders this morning.

I love having morning coffee with Mother Nature.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Something new that I love....Storytellers!

I was at a house party on Friday night and we had music and booze. At midnight, an old man from the country came and told us scary stories from the old days. It was really great, he had us hanging on his every word and it was an amazing experience. The vodka probably helped too. Best night ever!

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Yes it was brilliant. Apparently, storytellers are very common in rural parts of Ireland, but in Dublin they are rare. Until that party, I'd never experienced a storyteller and he really did make the party more special. If I ever throw a party of my own, I will definitely hire a storyteller. a DJ to start with, and a storyteller to wind things down.

Hornet3d

Wise
Things I love -

Goes without saying really but I love my wife, who is also my best friend.

My dog who makes me smile at some point almost every day and enjoys life even after is his bad start in life (he was adopted from a rescue center).

Walking in woodlands and watching my dog running full pelt among the trees, as a lurcher he is fast and at times, his feet hardly seem to touch the ground. Truly poetry in motion.

The smell of steam and hot oil when I run my model real steam engines.

Building things, whether it be models, full scale kit cars, computers, furniture anything really

Getting the pictures that flash through my mind into the semi real world via computer graphics.

Spending money.

Helping people.

Making others laugh.

Ghost stories.

Story tellers.

A good book, which usually has a heroine rather than hero.

Having a very private side.

McGyver

Energetic
Buying a frickin power tool or small appliance that was actually designed with the fact that it runs off of electricity in mind and thusly will have a power cord.
Because stuff runs on electricity, not just love.
Seriously...
Having worked with industrial designers, half of them only draw or design the tool, maybe the strain relief, but no damn cord.
I love it when you open the box and the thing actually accommodates having a cord.
I want to hug the person who designed it.

McGyver

Energetic
I probably should have said... I love it when stuff that has a power cord, has some feature that allows you to store, bundle, tuck in or generally manage the cord instead of wrapping it around the device or stuffing it in some orifice on the tool...
What prompted that was reorganizing my power tools, none of which confront the fact they have a cord... Except for one, a small tile saw that though very simply designed has a cord storage flange on the back.
I worded that previous post very weirdly.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Yes it was brilliant. Apparently, storytellers are very common in rural parts of Ireland, but in Dublin they are rare. Until that party, I'd never experienced a storyteller and he really did make the party more special. If I ever throw a party of my own, I will definitely hire a storyteller. a DJ to start with, and a storyteller to wind things down.

Storytellers (seanchai) are great and very much a part of Ireland and it's history. Given my love of all things Celtic I've sat in a good few pubs over there and listened to some incredible tales, some dating back to pre-Christian times. The various tales of Cu Cullain are favourites.
Have a look at this site Bonnie:
www.gutenberg.org
There are a lot of stories from the Celtic languages which have been collected verbally over the years from Victorian times onwards. Best of all is that they are free! :)

James R.

Busy Bee
I love...

• My wife. I've never been loved for who I am so unconditionally and completely. I never thought I could love so unconditionally and deeply someone who isn't my own blood. Which brings me to...
  • My kids. I never knew I could love so unconditionally and deeply until they arrived on the planet. I am fiercely proud of them both.
  • My old cat. She's been with me for 16 years now and has seen me through hell and high water. I don't know what I'd have done without her. I don't know what I'll do without her.
  • My young cat. She's gone from being a terrified feral animal to knowing she's loved and safe and the change in her has been beautiful to see. We are fully part of her tribe, now.
  • I love where I live. It's home. Sometimes I'm not enamoured of my city itself...but all I have to see is a prairie sunset here in The Land of Living Skies to know that I'm in the right place.
  • I love genuine people. People who are who they are, but not in an aggressive "I don't care what any of you think of me" kind of way. I mean people without hidden agendas, without guile, who meet you where you are as a person and greet you from where they are as a person. These people are, admittedly, very rare. Especially on the internet, where anonymity turns people into __________s.
  • I love the sound of a laughing baby. BEST. SOUND. EVER. Pure joy. (Heard this in the grocery store the other day. Grinned about it for an hour.)
  • I love the sound of an idling small block V8 engine. Second best sound ever...? Maybe not? lol
  • Summertime. I'm not a winter person. I can deal with winter...I can even have fun outside in winter. I think winter is beautiful. But give me green grass and trees, please.
  • Music.
  • Piña coladas and walks in the rain.
    (...not really...just checking if you're paying attention...;))

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
You've got to be careful with those Pina Colada's Rae. Too many and you can end up afflicted by the barrimanalows! :eek::happydance:

Love listening to the kids playing at breaktime at our Lucy's school. Pure riotous joy!

Last edited:

Jakiblue

Alrighty then!

Things I love:

• When my mastiff X thinks he's still a puppy and tries to get into my lap when I'm sitting on the couch watching a movie or he lies right up against my whole length when I'm on the bed reading a book and puts his head on my hip and goes to sleep
  • When my whole crazy family get together at my parents house and we eat and drink and laugh, laugh, laugh
  • When the sun is out, no clouds in the sky and a cool breeze blowing and you can taste spring in the air and it feels WONDERFUL
  • babies laughing - i can spend ages on youtube watching babies laughing videos. Entertains me for hours and makes me smile and feel wonderful.
  • When my husband and I sit at the kitchen table after dinner, drinking tea, and have wonderful long conversations about whether aliens exist, if ghosts are true, stories of his young wild days, stories of MY wild young days, what we're going to do to the garden, are thylacines REALLY extinct or is it possible people are sighting them, how i refuse to go live in a cave up Cape York even tho he thinks it would be ideal, what we'd do if we win the lotto, Boudicca's rampage against the Romans, string theory and parallel universes, if dogs could talk what would they really be saying to us, why the latest movie we saw was rubbish, and Swamp Thing NEVER knocked Batman out with one punch even tho he insists he did.
  • When my art comes together and looks exactly how I had pictured it in my head
  • when my hubby creeps into the bedroom when i'm still asleep and puts some freshly picked flowers from our garden on my bedside table for me to see when I wake up (shhhh don't tell him I told everyone that - he's so blokey and tough and has NO romance in his crusty ol' soul.....apparently)
  • when everything falls into place and goes right

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That may be the biggest thing I miss with being divorced. My ex and I could talk for hours about all kinds of things. He had wild young days (especially when he was stationed in Del Rio, Texas). Me? My wildest young days were with him. And best forgotten! Boones Farm Apple Wine is NOT something one should ever share an entire bottle of and then climb into the back seat ...

When my husband and I sit at the kitchen table after dinner, drinking tea, and have wonderful long conversations about whether aliens exist, if ghosts are true, stories of his young wild days, stories of MY wild young days, what we're going to do to the garden, are thylacines REALLY extinct or is it possible people are sighting them, how i refuse to go live in a cave up Cape York even tho he thinks it would be ideal, what we'd do if we win the lotto, Boudicca's rampage against the Romans, string theory and parallel universes, if dogs could talk what would they really be saying to us, why the latest movie we saw was rubbish, and Swamp Thing NEVER knocked Batman out with one punch even tho he insists he did.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
When my mastiff X thinks he's still a puppy and tries to get into my lap when I'm sitting on the couch watching a movie or he lies right up against my whole length when I'm on the bed reading a book and puts his head on my hip and goes to sleep

Yes that's nice. My neighbours Staffie lies on my bed beside me and I love when I wake up to find him still there. It's like I am minding him and he is minding me at the same time. It would be nicer if my Mum would let me have my own dog, but until then I will be happy with my little Staffy buddy.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
My granddaughters school! They've just turned part of the playground into a supervised adventure playground for the local kids. It's even got it's own little road system where kids can ride their bikes in safety and learn the highway code. How cool is that?