• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire House Cat Renders Here!

Me195

Extraordinary
My first time using Poser's hair room.

Furry Kitty.jpg

Me195

Extraordinary

Thank you.

That's incourageing Me, as I've never tried playing in the Hair Room.

I'm glad to hear it. I started messing with it because I noticed in the SR6 notes it said that the hairs can now be colored by the surface they're on. So the dynamic fur is being colored by the Hivewire Housecat's texture map. Like with most things in poser it looks much more complicated than it is. Just remember if you do start playing in the hair room to hit the grow guide hairs button whenever the hair starts to look wonky.

Me195

Extraordinary
That is very exciting as I too haven't played with hair in poser since version 7, the less said of that the better....

It seems pretty straight forward. I like that the texture can control the hair color now. The concept was proven when I accidently made pink hairs grow out of the tip of the cat's nose. I hope to make some really cool stuff once I get the hang of it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
So the dynamic fur is being colored by the Hivewire Housecat's texture map. Like with most things in poser it looks much more complicated than it is. Just remember if you do start
playing in the hair room to hit the grow guide hairs button whenever the hair starts to look wonky.
Thanks, I'll make a note of that. ;)

raven

Admirable
The hair has always been able to take colour from the texture map in Poser, but that was Firefly. I believe SR6 allowed Superfly to use the texture map to colour the hair.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yes, I've been playing with the SR6 hair shader in Superfly for our Lion. Def. better than the old hair shader in SF, but fur still renders a bit oddly. Looks better in Firefly still.

Varnayrah

Eager
Contributing Artist
I too have been playing in the hair room. It's hell of work editing every single body part, but it's worth it and after all you can save each cat as .cr2 for future use...
in the first image I did something wrong with the light, but over all I like the hair. At least it's ok for personal use. The second one is Kleopatra with some cats (housecat with the cougar texture). I might try hair room on the big cat, someday, too. Both are renderd in superfly.

furrycat.jpg
Kleopatra.jpg

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Whoa, the cat's hair in the first render looks very nice indeed. I like the second render too. :)