• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What I worked on today

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Okay no homework today so I got all the final detailing and texturing done. I'm waiting on the proper renders to run, so for now here are project previews in ZBrush:

Hat and bow textured. For each item, I filled them with darker colour, then masked by cavity, inverted the mask and applied a lighter colour to the high areas.

hat27.jpg

hat28.jpg

As you can see below, the material pattern is applied to the mesh.

hat26.jpg

Here is the hat minus the material pattern layer. I slightly deformed the upper part of the hat so it doesn't look too stiff compared to the rest of it.

hat25.jpg

hat24.jpg

Total poly count is just under 4000. I'm fairly happy with how it turned out. If I had to give the hat a name, I think it would be "Night Owl" as I did most of the work during the night when I couldn't sleep!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Absolutely gorgeous.

Maybe one day I'll have the time to learn zBrush. Like ... when I'm retired. Though, I've yet to find a video tutorial that doesn't frustrate me. I'm so not a video learning person :( We have to take three lynda.com courses every year, and I usually end up playing most of them with the sound off and skim through the text below the video. But most of those are just refresher courses or overviews of new versions of software we already use.

Oh, and the best ones are ... how to manage your time or how to lessen your stress. Yeah right. How about by not having to take these courses?

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Maybe one day I'll have the time to learn zBrush. Like ... when I'm retired. Though, I've yet to find a video tutorial that doesn't frustrate me. I'm so not a video learning person :(

Why not just post questions in the ZBrush forum here so those of us who use it can help, maybe with pictures instead of video?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Gorgeous work Bonbon. Love the materials. Did you use ZBrush's noise maker to create the base for the pattern? I've not delved into that yet.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Did you use ZBrush's noise maker to create the base for the pattern? I've not delved into that yet.

Yes I did RW. It was the hextile noisemaker, it seems to be a decent all rounder noise material. I reduced its size and upped the strength loads, also I made sure I ticked the UV option to avoid stretching. Of course I had already UV's the objects first.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I have to go Pizza party and sleepover in one of my friends tonight. I just love sleepovers. Her Mum is outside waiting for me, so I have to grab my bag and go right now. Thanks for all your support. Chat tomorrow!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Awesome Bonnie!

I'll second (or third or forth wherever we're up to) for just a Bow prob. If it was Dawn sized then we can shrink it a little for Diva. (I'm also thinking it would look cute on the cat collar :D)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Awesome Bonnie!

I'll second (or third or forth wherever we're up to) for just a Bow prob. If it was Dawn sized then we can shrink it a little for Diva. (I'm also thinking it would look cute on the cat collar :D)
You read my mind !! Tuxedo kitty!!