• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nataani for Dusk

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Just saw your request for DS beta testers, and it's prompted me to ask . . . are you planning a Poser version of Nataani at some point?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Just saw your request for DS beta testers, and it's prompted me to ask . . . are you planning a Poser version of Nataani at some point?

I'm going to try. I can't guarantee one way or another. For one, the poses are going to be hell to transfer over to Poser. For another... I am just absolutely NO GOOD with Poser's material room at all.

Worst case scenario, if I can't pull off his materials, I will put out a free Poser shape/morph preset for Dusk and very very BASIC mat files (not the textures, just the file to call on the textures) just to get his texture maps onto Dusk, and Poser users can setup their own materials from there.

I will try to do a proper Poser version - but if I cannot get his materials right - then I will do the above as an in-between compromise, in which case Poser users would need to buy the DS version... and just unzip the textures only.

I wish I could guarantee a full poser version. But I just don't know. All I can say is I will try, but I have to see how it goes.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I understand completely Seliah. You might want to chat with Pen about that, as she's getting used to transferring her Diva stuff to Poser.

In any case, no rush, I was just curious.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I understand completely Seliah. You might want to chat with Pen about that, as she's getting used to transferring her Diva stuff to Poser.

In any case, no rush, I was just curious.

Well, fortunately, Nataani is just a dial-spun morph. For me, the trickiest part will be setting up materials and getting the poses converted for not only Dusk, but Harry and the cowboy hat as well.

I would definitely like to offer a Poser version so that no one is locked out of it. I will test out the PFE script and see how it does with the poses, just not sure if that will work for the hat and Harry as well.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, fortunately, Nataani is just a dial-spun morph. For me, the trickiest part will be setting up materials and getting the poses converted for not only Dusk, but Harry and the cowboy hat as well.

I would definitely like to offer a Poser version so that no one is locked out of it. I will test out the PFE script and see how it does with the poses, just not sure if that will work for the hat and Harry as well.
Oh right. I totally forgot about the PFE. That might just do the trick, or at least get you to the point where you could edit it to a usable state.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well, the key is going to be whether or not it works on Harry and the go-to poses for the cowboy hat. Those are actually what took the most fidgeting and fighting with.... as in three times as long as the rest combined... and I'm not very keen on completely rebuilding all of them from the ground up all over again.

I will see what I can do, though. But yes, I'm hoping the PFE can cope with Harry and his mane and tail as well as Dusk.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well that would make me smile that's for sure

You and me both Sanbie. ;)

I will try, ladies. That's the best I can promise at the moment - I will try. LOL Today was a backup the hard drive day (and clear the internal hd... ugh out of a 1TB hd, I was down to less than 2GBs of free space! All my installers... LOL)

I will start fussing with a possible Poser version tomorrow.

PMed you Seliah :)

Yup. I got it.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes, it is! LOL

I normally do this once or twice a week. But it kind of got put on hold... I was focused on Nataani, not backups... :laugh:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I used to do backups more often, but since cutting down purchases at DAZ the past year, I do it on the 1st or 2nd of the month. I have about 235GB of free space, and would have a lot more if I didn't use DIM. One of these day I need to do something about that.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well... the PFE is so far working okay on Dusk's poses. I'll test it out on the hat and Harry shortly here.

At the moment, I did a .cr2 export of Nataani with his morphs in effect... I'm waiting to see if P10 will load the .CR2. If it does, then maybe I don't have to manually dial in each and every single morph value again...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Success! It loaded Nataani's .cr2.

Now I have to go download the Poser version of Chris' head morph resource kit..... LOL... shows you how often I actually use Poser, now doesn't it...

[Edit] I bought Netherworks' Pose Writer Premium ages and ages ago, back around the time I was using Poser 6, I think. I'm glad I did that now... here's hoping if I tell it to write ONLY morphs, that it will pull up something equivalent to an INJ file... heh

[Edit 2] That's a big fat nope. Oh, well, it was worth a try. Off to figure out how the (*&#%7 to do an INJ/REM for a non-IPB compatible figure now... :D

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhh, well you're making progress. I'm wonder if Joe's Creator's ToyBox has what you want. Do you have that?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't think that's something I have, as I don't recall hearing the name of it before.

The PFE does a decent job on Dusk's individual poses.
It's doing an okay job on getting Harry's body posing done, so long as I remember to select ALL of his parts before running the script. However, it is NOT doing a good job of moving Dusk and Harry together into position so that they meet up properly. Sighs. That is the most finicky part of the horse/Dusk posing, and was only out-done by the mane in terms of how much time and fussing it took to get right...

This is not going to be a fast conversion at all. Just fair warning. Even though all the actual maps are already made, it's probably going to take another week or two to get this together.. and that's not counting my fighting with the Poser material room. Ugh, I hate Poser these days.

You all are lucky I like you so much. LMAO :laugh:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So... definitely running into several snags.

1 - This is what I get at the moment with the PFE in regards to converting the Harry/Dusk poses... you'll note the two figures are nowhere near each other. Which means it's going to need some time to fight with trying to get them posed together... either that, or I leave the last four poses out of the Poser version, which I really don't want to do. But these poses were the ones that took the most work, and the most time... I spent almost as much time fussing with them to get them right as I did from the start to the end of the actual texture creation and morphs creation on Dusk combined.

2 - The PFE does not seem to be posing the tail properly. I will check again, but I suspect I may have used some of the shaping morphs to simulate things like wind and gravity on the tail poses... in which case I highly doubt the PFE would pick those morphs up.

Poser01.jpg

3 - Poser does indeed load Nataani's .cr2, but it is definitely distorting Dusk's mesh very badly in spots. I am going to have to hand dial each and every morph dial to get him shaped in Poser, I think. I am thinking the mesh distortion might be due to the differences between the DS geometry and the Poser geometry on the figure? Maybe? Or maybe the differences in how Poser handles weight mapping vs. DS? I am not sure what causes it, but I'll dial in all of the morphs from a default Poser Dusk and see what I get.

4 - I have not yet even tried things with the cowboy hat. I don't know how that's going to go, but the response I'm getting from the Harry converted poses is not very promising in regards to the hat. That might be yet another part of the pack that requires a ground up from-scratch rebuild to make this Poser compatible.

That's the initial "wet read" assessment at the moment. I'll keep plugging at it and see what I get, but it's looking like I may have to re-do the package from the ground up in spots... let alone that I have to figure out how to make a distributable INJ/REM for a figure that's too new for the old Injection Pose Builder (which is how I did my Mil3 and Mil4 characters).

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to be able to pull this off. So I am not making any promises here. I'm giving it a shot, but if I can't produce good quality out of it, I'm not going to foist it on people at sub-par quality. We'll see. I will work with it a bit more yet here.