• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Music From The Hive

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Love the BeeGees...particularly Words but How do you mend a broken heart comes close. I do like How Deep is your love from their disco era.

AC/DC cross generations...really freaked me out when my eldest started listening to what I considered music from my era...reminds me of school dances and local groups. And god no! skinhead dancing...*shakes head...and mullets!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Dang, you're hitting some of my all time favorites with Jim Croce and the Bee Gees. Yes, they'd still definitely be making music if the twins, Barry & Robin, were still alive. Lost their younger brother Andy before that, though he was a solo singer and not part of the group), Jim Croce.

Sooo, in light of this, I was at a concert last night by a fabulous group called Creme Tangerine. They are mostly a Beatles Tribute Band (though they do other music of that era).

Creme Tangerine | Seattle's premier Beatles tribute band

They come up to our area from Seattle a few times a year. Super talented, and really nice guys. Their show is really high energy and tremendous fun!

Zaarin

Brilliant
I'm not usually much of a country fan, but I do rather like The Secret Sisters. They've got a vintage sound--almost a twinge of rockabilly--but without being so painfully twangy as some country. ;)

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Likewise, not a great country music fan but I can be persuaded otherwise by music of this calibre. That lady on lead has an incredible voice. I do love it when any artist pushes their particular genre to new ground!

This is Alison Krauss, a very firm favourite of mine, with one of my all-time favourite songs. Nominally bluegrass, but her repertoire extends way beyond that. Voice and guitar in harmony:

Zaarin

Brilliant
I adore Alison Krauss. I first heard her on a tribute album for The Prince of Egypt and have been in love with her music ever since. (Incidentally, The Prince of Egypt also introduced me to the incredible voice of the late Ofra Haza.)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW, that's a song I'm not familiar with. The only Israeli folk song I know is Havah Nagilah.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I know some of y0u might not agree with me, but I believe the BeeGees have also broken the music mold and came up with their own unique style. They might had been a hit even nowadays if they haven't split. But if you are not old enough, some of you might even be asking Bee-who? LOL

The same goes for Jim Croce - country music might had been completely different nowadays if Jim haven't died in that airplane accident. Here's my one of my favorite songs from him: Time in a Bottle (1973).

Yeah to Jim Croce. I think there are some interesting parallels between country music then and chart music today. Country music was beginning to spread it's wings at the time of Jim Croce's death, but wasn't that mainly down to a bunch of good ol' boys from Nashville and the Grand Ol' Opry clamping down and deciding that they were the only ones who had the right to dictate what country music should and would be? There are a lot of nasty stories out there about artists suppressed and careers destroyed because they wouldn't toe the line. Indeed, its only in recent years with people like Alison Krauss and others breaking out that we can get a glimmer of what country music can be. That's helped a lot by the internet to a large degree because it enables us to look back and see Jim Croce, Dave Loggins, etc for the great artists and innovators they really were!

Zaarin

Brilliant
I guess Ofra will always be remembered for her interpretation of "Yerushalayim Shel Zahav". Nobody could sing it better than her.
It never fails to give me chills.

WOW, that's a song I'm not familiar with. The only Israeli folk song I know is Havah Nagilah.
I believe it should actually be "Elohay" (apparently the producers thought "Elo Hi" would be more accessible to Americans? I don't know). It's from the movie Queen Margot; haven't seen the film, but the song is one of my favorites by Ofra Haza. Also, if you play Civ6, I'm told Queen Margot has an excellent depiction of Catherine de Medici, whose inclusion as the leader of France continues to baffle me. (If they wanted a backstabbing "black queen" with a spy network, I would have gone with Empress Wu Zetian of China. But I digress.)

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I have five of their albums as part of my 'couldn't live without' collection. I've always found 'Bookends' in particular to be an outstanding album and gets regular plays. :)

Edit: Just checked and I've got all their studio albums. Yeah!

Last edited: