• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Music From The Hive

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Terry Reid. This guy turned down both Deep Purple and Led Zepplin to pursue his own career. Described by Robert Plant as "probably the best singer of the period". Enjoy!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Ah! Glory days Lorraine, when Led Zepp albums had proper Numbers instead of Names! However, (pauses for Evil Villain-style giggle), did you know that Robert Plant was actually recommended to Jimmy Page by a certain Mr. Reid as a suitable substitute! (Clouts hunchbacked henchman around lughole, turns to make majestic exit, trips over hem of evil-villain robe and crawls away crying for Mommy!) :tantrum:

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I did, Myth, and I'm very grateful he did. Mr Plant and his physique spent a lot of time running around in my youthful dreams :)

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Have you heard 'Raising Sand' Lorraine, the album he made with Alison Krauss? I don't know about his present-day physique but the voice and talent are still there in abundance! :applause:

I sat out on the porch last night, watching the moon rise while listening to Brian Blade's Perceptual. The bats were flying aeroBATics over the pool in the reflection of the moon.
Oh yeah! Recommended cuts: Perceptual, Crooked Creek, Patron Saint of Girls and Variations of a Bloodline

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Oh, I miss this thread! Thanks for breathing life into it!

Interesting sound byte, too! ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Oh I have goosebumps when I hear ACDC live with THIS song. I get nostalgic to see Malcolm still on stage with Angus. Malcolm was the one who composed these iconic ACDC riffs, and the band won't be the same without him. Still, nobody rocks like these grampas! :D

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
You and me both Lisa! I was going to stick Floyds 'Coming Back To Life' in here but I though this little ditty might be more suitable....

Are these guys enjoying themselves or what...?

First saw ACDC about 1977 in Portland Rose Garden. They opened up for Aerosmith. My friends and I hadn't heard of ACDC before then. Although I went for the Steven Tyler show, I came away as a huge fan of the raw rock power of ACDC. Been a major fan ever since.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
We were talking about the "Famous for Being Famous" Angeline the other day and she is featured in this fabulous music video by Moby, "We Are All Made Of Stars"

That dude at the very end licking his phone... sorry but that was just hot! Something about the look he gave it, maybe he was lusting for Angeline! lol

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Coming in on this late. But my all time favorite band of my youth and even to this day is Led Zeppelin. I feel that what ever mood I'm in the mighty Zep gets me. They understand me. If I'm down or gloomy, or if I'm amped and fired up, Zep still gets me.

Love, love, love that band.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
But I do have others that are big for me, and have meant so much over the vastness of time. Does that make me seem old enough?

As has been mentioned... Floyd is up there. In fact Pink Floyd is among my top 5 bands.

My older brothers and I took a road trip last year from Utah to the Hollywood bowl in Cali to see David Gilmour. What a magical epic experience that was!!!

GilmourConcert.jpg

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
But I do have others that are big for me, and have meant so much over the vastness of time. Does that make me seem old enough?

As has been mentioned... Floyd is up there. In fact Pink Floyd is among my top 5 bands.

My older brothers and I took a road trip last year from Utah to the Hollywood bowl in Cali to see David Gilmour. What a magical epic experience that was!!!

View attachment 28685

I remember that, Chris. It sounded like fun!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
And this one was with one of my brothers last week. We went to see Peter Frampton (my all time favorite my junior year in High School), and Steve Miller.

Peter Frampton was the first concert I ever went to. I was front row and center stage, right in front of my rock star at the time.

Since then, I've seen Frampton again about 6 years ago in Vegas and got up second row for that one, and then again last week.

Good times. Very good times.

MG_0981_2.jpg