• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sneak Peek - Hair Conversion System Pro

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I was going to try adding the morphs, but wasn't sure if they would work when applied to hair, but I suppose as long as it's a character/cr2 hair it would work. Have you tried adding the character morph to a prop/hr2 hair yet?

Anyway, here's Sora with the Loreley Hair.

Sora-LoreleyHair.jpg

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Eloiny hair is prop hair - an HR2 file anyway. Certainly not a figure.

I added Diva and Sora's head morphs to the hair through Object>Copy Morphs From to get them into the hair. Once complete, the hair snaps right into place as it should.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Good to know. I had copied Sora's body to the T-Shirt earlier, but it looked so silly I undid it.

I'm going to have to try copying Diva's morph too, as I've played with adjusting V4's Bijou Hair, which I had converted to Dawn earlier this year, but it would be nice to be able to have it converted directly to her.

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Hope I didn't sound like a snot earlier when I gave the exposition on the poser internal stuff. I was just trying to explain what is going on. I can try and write something in that is more direct about parenting hair. If it gets too technical people are just going to glaze over it. :)

On applying morphs. It *should* be okay if the meshes are identical and they are at zero position. I think "copy morphs" might screw up if things are in different places in space. I'd have to test that :) When HCS Pro is copying morphs, it's actually reading directly from the hair file, therefore you get a direct copy that is based on local space.

Miss B

CV-BEE
First, you didn't sound like a snot, but then I'm a programmer from way back, though am just learning Python, so "technical" is my middle name . . . well sort of.

As far as both being in "local" space, I would load up a hair while the character is in zero t-pose, so I would think if I load a hair to process with HCS Pro, it too would be at zero, so wouldn't both be in local space, or is that not true because one is the hair, and the other is the character?

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
NEED YOUR FEEDBACK

How would you feel about only having one zip for HCS addons instead of two? So you don't need to install in two different places.

There would be a new folder in the script structure called "Sets" and new sets would be installed there. You'd load sets (shortcuts) into the Sets and Utilities menu and the magnets would be loaded into the scene from there.

You can still copy the sets to a Runtime Library if you prefer doing it that way. PNGs would still be present for you to be able to do that.

Older sets would still work exactly as they did before. It's just a new default place for making it easier for customers to install the product.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
NEED YOUR FEEDBACK

How would you feel about only having one zip for HCS addons instead of two? So you don't need to install in two different places.

There would be a new folder in the script structure called "Sets" and new sets would be installed there. You'd load sets (shortcuts) into the Sets and Utilities menu and the magnets would be loaded into the scene from there.

You can still copy the sets to a Runtime Library if you prefer doing it that way. PNGs would still be present for you to be able to do that.

Older sets would still work exactly as they did before. It's just a new default place for making it easier for customers to install the product.

I think that would be great - especially for new HCS users who really tend to get lost on installation. I know Python installations drove me mad when I first started using them.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I agree with Traci. I'm used to installing sets the old way, but as she mentioned, for those who've never used HCS before, having it all in one place would be highly efficient, and easier to use.

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
I unzip all the HCS stuff into the main poser runtime already, so it's all together.

Yes, but that also can be a problem for new users.

Starting with Poser 11, the content is installed (by default) to a different location than the main Poser program files. If, in that case, you drop stuff directly into the main poser program files, it won't see the library content.

If someone goes the other way and drops it all into a runtime library (scripts and all), they won't see the scripts menu shortcuts and it won't run the scripts until you switch to that library.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
There is that. Though you could map back to the main poser runtime. Not everyone likes to do that though.

Miss B

CV-BEE
This is one of the main reasons I manually install everything to my various Runtimes. I've been doing that for years, and it's the only way I can be sure everything's going exactly where it's meant to be, or, where I'd prefer it to be with respect to items that can be placed elsewhere and still work properly because I can access them directly.

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
There is that. Though you could map back to the main poser runtime. Not everyone likes to do that though.

Yes, I did have it integrated before Poser 11. With 11, I just let it make a separate content location (DS does this as well).

I still install Poser off of the C: drive, which I have partitioned off to its own area. I totally get all the protection mechanisms in place but there are some applications which I just do not store in Program Files because the protection comes at a price, my sanity in this case. :p

I have a number of things I call "apps" that I put in a tools folder on my D: partition. This was the naming I used before programs on phones were known as "apps". So stuff like UVMapper Pro, and Notepad ++ and Poser File Editor, etc. I gravitate towards applications that don't have installers and if given a choice will take the zip/rar/7z file over an exe. I make all my own shortcuts because I wind up moving them around anyways.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I stopped installing ANYTHING to Program Files once I switched from WinXP to Win7 when I bought this laptop. I'd read all the stories/complaints about M$ owning everything in that folder (or folders where 64-bit is involved), so all my 2D apps are installed to C:\2D Applications, and all my 3D apps are installed to C:\3D Applications.

Of course, there are those apps, like my Firefox browser (and I think my Opera as well) that don't give you the option of choosing where it gets installed, so it winds up in Program Files (or Program Files (x86)). Luckily, those are at a minimum.

BTW Joe, if you'd like a really nice text editor, that's a lot nicer than Notepad ++, and has a free version, I've had NoteTab Light for years. What I like about it is, it opens as many files as you want, each on a separate tab (like a web browser), AND if you close it, it will reopen the same files which were open when you closed it. It also remembers where in a particular document you were last working, as it doesn't move the cursor, so if you're at the bottom of a long page, with more to add, it will open that document at the end of the last line you were working on when you closed it. There also are Standard and Pro versions, which aren't all that expensive, but the Light version works a dream.

Last edited:

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I use NoteTab as well, and love it. I bought the Pro version years ago because it added spell check and my husband helped with web pages and couldn't spell. LOL, engineers make the worst ever spellers.

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Okay will keep those in mind :)

In the Add-Remove Magnet Sets menu there are some new things:

Add Menu Sets to Menu from Core System: This adds shortcuts to the magnets provided in the new sets and older sets that are re-branded as HCS Pro. Disabled if there are no HCS Pro sets available for that figure (they would be located in the scripts structure).

Add Menu Sets to Menu from Runtime Library: This is how it used to function. It adds sets from any runtime library.

In either case, above, new shortcuts added override existing ones, so you can add the new HCS Pro ones and they will replace the shortcuts you have. Essentially, any addition is a merge. You can always wipe them all and start over.

New entry:

Copy Core System Sets to a Runtime Library. This lets you go the other way in a sense. If you are more comfortable with loading the magnet sets from the library, you can copy the HCS Pro sets to any Runtime Library you wish.

Also, Jessi sets will be integrated into the core without needed to fool with additional zips.

Furthermore:

In the case of sets that have sub-folders for extra figures or sculpts, in the sets menu sub-menus are dynamically generated. You will get a folder called "base" which are the base sets for the figure and any extra sets will have their own menu name.

Examples would be:

If you have Alyson 2, it comes with Anastasia sets, which is in a subfolder. It would show a Base folder for the regular Alyson 2 sets and an Anastasia folder for the other sets.

If a set is created for Sora, which is a sculpt of Dawn, you'd have Base folder for the Dawn only magnet sets and a Sora folder for those sets. Otherwise, as Dawn's HCS is now, you only have the sets showing for Dawn in the main menu, no sub-menu.

This is to keep lots of sets from just being one massive giant column. I don't want that.

---

Nothing is up yet I am still testing every single set to make sure its all properly done.

Last edited:

Margy

The Margician
Contributing Artist
Although I'm a long time user of HCS, I love the idea to have it all in one place! :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I use NoteTab as well, and love it. I bought the Pro version years ago because it added spell check and my husband helped with web pages and couldn't spell. LOL, engineers make the worst ever spellers.
Oh spellcheck.net and dictionary.com are my best friends. :D

If I had needed it for web coding (html, css, javascript, php, etc.), I would probably have gone with the Pro version as well, but I'm a long time user of Macromedia HomeSite+ because it has color coding for the different scripting languages, so never felt I needed the Pro version of NoteTab, but I do use it every day for making notes and such. Especially when I'm writing up notes while beta testing. ;)