• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sneak Peek - Hair Conversion System Pro

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Sorting all my hair content here. Oh joy! Love dealing with "!" in folder names, yay!

Well doesn't seem like anyone's Poser is melting. That's a good thing.

This is why I never, ever install to the runtime from a zip file!!!!!!!!! I unzip to a folder and put them where I want them.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You and me both Traci. I never drop a Runtime folder from a zip onto my main Runtime with my Poser installation, especially since I have 2 versions of Poser. I prefer to test in P9 (unless it's for P10 and higher), and then install to PP11 based on where I have things set up in Poser 9.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, you can uninstall the (base) scripts. You can either remove it all and then re-install the scripts from your HCS 2012/2014 Add-On or leave the subfolders installed (data, templates, etc). You can remove the old guides, unless you are fond of them.
OK, so if I left the data, templates, thumbnails, etc. where they are, HCS Pro will find them, or should I move them to the corresponding folders within HCS Pro.

I'm just trying to think how I'll "clean house" as it were. The less folders I have, the better, and the less folders, the less will hog space in my Scripts Menu Palette. ;)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
You and me both Traci. I never drop a Runtime folder from a zip onto my main Runtime with my Poser installation, especially since I have 2 versions of Poser. I prefer to test in P9 (unless it's for P10 and higher), and then install to PP11 based on where I have things set up in Poser 9.

I have Poser7, Poser Pro 2012, Poser Pro 2014, Poser 11 and Poser Pro11 all installed on my computer.

Since I use figures that require P9+, I think it's time to pull off P7.

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
OK, so if I left the data, templates, thumbnails, etc. where they are, HCS Pro will find them, or should I move them to the corresponding folders within HCS Pro.

I'm just trying to think how I'll "clean house" as it were. The less folders I have, the better, and the less folders, the less will hog space in my Scripts Menu Palette. ;)

That is up to you. If you leave them where they are at, HCS Pro will find them. If you move them to the HCS Pro folder, it will find them.

It's designed to look in all three valid locations, giving priority to HCS Pro, HCS 2014 then HCS 2012. So if it finds something in HCS Pro first, it ignores duplicates elsewhere.

Nod

Adventurous
I have a load of the add-ons, so was going to give it a bash. I see the link's been disabled though. :(

Last edited:

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Release Candidate 1 is now up.
Dropbox - NWS-HCS_Pro-Core_rc1.zip

Changes:
- When copying thumbnail there is a brand new interface that shows a preview of the thumbnail in real time. The window is set at 91x91 and large images are scaled down (in preview only).

Fixes:
- Fixed some stability issues (crashes when referencing items no longer in the scene).
- Attempts to remember last-used thumbnail paths.
- Corrected guide, made some clarifications.
- Re-selection tweaks.
- Code optimizations.

---

The following older add-ons are set up internally for the HiveWire 3D store. They are also set to "Pro", with correct paths and guides removed. Again, you can still use old sets, this is just re-branding and removing of guide folders, etc.:

Alyson 2 (inc. Anastasia), Antonia, Cookie (inc. Chip, Peaches, Pickles), Dawn, Dude 2, Mavka, Miki 3, Roxie, STAR (1.0 only), SuzyQ 2, Victoria 4 (inc. A4, G4, S4).

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well Earl, since Dusk was created from the Dawn mesh, I would assume it would work for him as well. Especially since Joe includes M4 along with his V4 add-ons. He, of course, would know better.

Edited to Add: Now that I think about it, Joe would probably need a separate setup for Dusk, mainly because the HCS needs to "recognize" Dusk as the character it's converting the hair to. I don't think it's set up for that as yet.

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Dusk is something I'd have to work up separately, same as Sora and Diva. These figures, though based on Dawn, have different rigging. Needs separate sets and support files.

--

Forgot to mention, there is a subdivision fix in the latest version of HCS Pro. If the hair has subD on, it needs to be turned off. It can affect OBJ export and possibly morph generation. The utility will do this automatically, if needed.

--

Next build the Magnet Sets menu gets changed to Sets and Utilities. Magnets can be removed without needing to be initialized. Also, new tool to scale hair to match its parent. So if a morph/parameter/scale dials have scaled a figure's head, you can match that for the prop hair. If used on Figure hair, it sets the match scales of parent property of the hair to 1.

Probably be near final at this point if no showstoppers.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, for the heck of it, I just did a conversion of a very old V3 hair to Dawn, and yes, I needed to do a Partial, because this hair had every body part V3 had. I don't know what possessed the creator to do that, but maybe that's how they did conforming hair back in the day. It also could use some updated textures, that's for sure. ;)

RazoredMoffitHair.jpg

When I tried to Quit HCS Pro, however, I was given the following popup dialog, and it must be something in your coding, because I don't have my Runtime on my D:\ drive, and I was doing this conversion in P9, not PP11:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "D:\Poser\Poser 11\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\Netherworks\HCS Pro\_nwsHCS.py", line 2088, in NWS_Quit

File "D:\Poser\Poser 11\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\Netherworks\HCS Pro\_nwsHCS.py", line 2094, in NWS_CloseApp

File "D:\Poser\Poser 11\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\Netherworks\HCS Pro\_nwsHCS.py", line 2161, in NWS_SaveConfig

AttributeError: 'NWS_HCS_Main' object has no attribute 'vDestPropPath'

Also, HCS Pro won't "Quit", it just keeps repeating this info in the dialog box, so I had to close the scene and Poser.

Last edited:

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Dropped a quick fix in there. Same filename.

On the old hair, you can try a full conversion anyways to see if it works, if you feel that it just has extra body parts just to have them.

As to why folks add too many parts, like hair with fingers, it may be that they just don't know any better. People tend to just copy things without exploring why things work the way they do. It's somewhat like what Ian Malcom says in Jurassic Park:

"You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you're selling it."

I guess that sounds pretty snobby but it can be pretty accurate.

Last edited: