• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sneak Peek - Hair Conversion System Pro

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, I played with 2 hairs I had converted back when I first got HCS 2014, and have been meaning to do over because I hadn't gotten to save out the morphs from the hair, so they were prop hairs with no morphs. :lol:

Now I don't have to worry about that any more. With the old system I had to save to the Library a second time (which I didn't realize with the first couple/three hairs), or the morphs didn't get saved. With this new system you don't have to do that, so less steps. I am REALLY enjoying the HCS Pro, and how easy it is to use.

First, Chocolate Hair

ChocolateHair.jpg

Second, Winter Angel Hair

WinterAngelHair.jpg

I have one more to redo, and it's one I've tried fitting to Diva with adjustments, so now I'm going to see if I can INJ the Diva morph, and if need be, use the same adjustments I've done manually before, and then save. That way I won't have to keep making those adjustments every time I want to reuse it. These were done with P9, and I'm going to try the 3rd hair redo with PP11.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK Joe, I just had a thought. The new Sets folder has the Jessi files you're including with the HCS Pro Core. How do we set up similar files for Dawn, if we already have the Dawn add-on, or won't they be necessary?

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Well, you can use "Add Magnet Sets to Menu from a Runtime Library" for the older HCS 2012/2014 magnet sets. The re-branded add-ons (Dawn one as well) you'll be able to use the other option of adding sets from the core system.

They both generate shortcut on the Sets and Utilites menu, so one isn't really superior over the other, except that the re-branded and new addons are more "self contained".

You can simulate how the new files will work by making a new folder in the Sets folder named "Dawn" and copying your magnets there if you want, but don't copy the send to python prop or any "info" props. This might not work for other sets because the folder has to have a similar name to the template files. Victoria 4's is "Victoria 4" but SuzyQ 2's is "SuzyQ_2" (underscore).

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, I discovered you CAN'T copy a morph from a character/figure to a prop, so copying Diva's morph to the hair I wanted to convert to her didn't work, BUT I was able to add the manual adjustments I had been using for this particular hair after reconverting for Dawn, so I could have the morphs I missed the first time with HCS 2014, and then I saved it to the Hair Library for Diva. I even checked how you setup the overlay thumbnails for Dawn, and did my own for Diva. ;)

First, Bijou Hair For Dawn

BijouHair.jpg

Second, Bijou Hair after adjustments to Fit Diva

BijouHair.jpg