• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Another oldie...the Kon snowman :)

KON SNOWING.gif

KON FLUFFY.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
While browsing through the Rendo Poser forum, I noticed a thread discussing how folks are successfully importing Genesis 3 / Genesis 8 using the free utility by willdial:

GENESIS 3 POSER UPDATER BY WILLDIAL (Now updated for Genesis 8)

FORUM TOPIC ON RENDO: GENESIS 8 IN POSER 11

How to Import and Render Genesis 3 into Poser 11 - Webinar on YouTube

From what I've observed in the forum thread on the subject, the imports have been successful, including the rigging, with a parameters box and facial expressions preserved. The key to having it actually work right seems to be in the way that it's installed...that is, everything has to be together in a folder so that Poser doesn't have to search for it. The Webinar video addresses this in detail. I thought since Genesis import seemed to still be such a big issue in the Poser forum that I'd share this information, and links to the utility, and how to use it. One person on the forum did indicate that they imported the Genesis 3 male, so it is not limited to Genesis 3/8 female.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
She sent me the maps, but I don't know the first thing about texturing on a blank map...I can rework something that already has been painted, as a guide...otherwise I'd use shaders on something like this.