• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Interesting freebie for Blender users...a German tank, rigged for animation. There were times while I was yet working, during rush hour, when it would have been nice to have had one of these...haha. A close friend of mine who had taught me her NY driving survival skills, gave me a gag gift one time...it was an add-on for my dashboard, a flip switch that had "Death Ray" on it...haha.

GERMAN WWII ERA HEAVY TANK TIGER I

skylab

Esteemed
Since interest in the Beatles was expressed, I'm searching for the scene files used while creating the hybrid Nos-Doc Beatles animation. I've found this work in progress pic, where work was done on the Nos heads first, to create a likeness of the foursome. I'll try to save out those face poses, if I can, in order to pass them on to you. Here's one of the working renders from that project:

NOS-BEATLES-WIP.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
The Nos Beatles heads loaded, and successfully saved the facial poses, except George has a problem in the lower neck area, probably hidden in the hybrid joining to Doc's body. I'll fix this after I've had my nap, so the whole band may be ready to zip and upload this evening, hopefully.

NOS-BAND.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I'm putting together info that will help in using the Nos-Doc hybrid character. It looks complicated, but really it isn't. The setup is just time consuming. And you'll see that it's possible to combine any characters the same way...so if you lack clothing for one character, you can use the body of another, for which you do have clothing. Poser is wonderfully flexible with this sort of thing...since that's what it is...a character creation and animation software :)

The band instruments are free, from 3dpmr.com, toward the end of free stuff pages, in the older models.

NOS-DOC BAND WIP.jpg

Lego-band-instruments-only.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda :)

I think I've got all the Nos-Doc Beatles pose files saved correctly, and zipped in a runtime folder, attached to this post.

Have fun with it :)

NOS-DOC BEATLES.jpg

Attachments

• NOS-DOC BEATLES.zip
    308 KB · Views: 135

skylab

Esteemed
They came from over at CP...so I guess they went down with the ship...it's a shame. I got several of their unusual characters...the evil slime, a yellow slug. This past Christmas I was horsing around with Play-Doh, and created a Play-Doh container for the Evil Slime to pop out of...haha. I was using the Play-Doh projects as hand therapy for not only myself (my poor hands suffer in the winter months), but other family members, plus fun samples for kids. Some examples below, and the container that I modeled is zipped and attached to this post...it's about the extent of my modeling capabilities :)

clay-boo.gif

grinch-05.jpg

hank-03.jpg

critters-03.jpg

clay-container-with-tops.jpg

Attachments

• clay-o.zip
    212.6 KB · Views: 108

Linda B

Extraordinary
Well my modeling skills are awful so you're one step ahead of me. I've been playing around with a toon taxi I found in my runtime. No idea where it came from. Render to follow tomorrow since it's about my bedtime. Night!

skylab

Esteemed
Good night Linda...I think I'll go off and catch a power nap at least, and check back late tonight.

Have a good evening everyone :)

:sleep: