• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Oh...shows you how much I know about it...haha. Janet just emailed me and thinks she will try the sleeveless method, like the hair suit that I did. But she did mention that she's rigging it...so that will be cool! She said it had rendering issues in superfly, so I told her I'd work on that part to see what I could do. Maja is the superfly master of this gang...but we'll figure something out.

:bee:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Welcome!

trouble.png

I once had a Lovebird named Rosie. I called her a Hatebird because she was mean as all get out.

skylab

Esteemed
Hahahaha...a hatebird...a get out of my face bird.

Reminds me of a render joke on myself. When I was younger, I was a hand full sometimes. Short, chunky, and one time at the hospital, one of the techs in a scrub outfit was mouthing off at me about my being short. It had been raining that day, so I had my umbrella. We got on a very crowded elevator together...so putting the umbrella under my arm, I pushed the point of it against the back wall of the elevator, between the tech's legs, and just looked up, backwards, into his face to see his bulging eyes. It was a quiet ride up....haha. So I created these Bob-zilla renders as a joke on myself...haha.

bob-umbrella.jpg

bob-chainsaw.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I knew if I shut my eyes for awhile, another idea would hit me. I remembered the picture of Puntik and Brulba...and thought, hey, that means there's a body suit or something for Puntik. Turns out it was a clothing set by Karth, that's no longer at Rendo. Anyway, I chose the shorts and sleeveless top, and began in the Poser hair room applying hair to the rigged chest area of the shirt, with these results:

PUNTIK-HAIR-ROOM.jpg

If I continue down each rigged section, I should have Poser hair that moves with Puntik's poses. I could attempt to show you all how to make your own "hair suit" in the Poser hair room. It's not hard.

Back to rest...in front of the Mom show :)

:sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
Karth's outfit for Puntik was called CasualZZ for Puntik...maybe someone could email her about re-posting the outfit on Rendo. It was a whole wardrobe for Puntik, a nice little set. Might could PM her here at Hivewire.

:bee: