• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Linda B

Extraordinary
And one Lord Farquaad made from Snape. Changed the chin is all. And of course the outfit. King Hein cross-dressered to fit Doc
Render 2.png

skylab

Esteemed
Spock Hair bangs are much better, but there seems to be a bit of a cow lick on top of his head, and there's space between the side of the face and the sideburns. The first image is as it loads, with no changes. The second image is after I reduced the xScale down to about 95%. It parents to the head properly when it loads. And yes, I observed a faint line also, as Linda mentioned.

spock-hair2-first load.jpg

spock-hair2nd-load--xScale reduced.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm back to working on animations today so I'll make the changes when I work on this again. Thank you!

skylab

Esteemed
The Bean hair parents properly when it loads. I rendered it from three angles to see if the little area at the beginning of the part in the front looked the same at all three angles...it's like a darker spot (?). This may be nothing, but just showing you the only thing that I noticed...and since this is a freebie that will be put on Rendo, outside of our little group :)

bean-hair-ver2-01.jpg

bean-hair-ver2-02.jpg

bean-hair-ver2-03.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I dunno what's going on with that texture. I bought it at Renderosity. Maybe I'll try making my own.

skylab

Esteemed
I used really hot lights on these, so that you'd get a good look at the hair...but normally they wouldn't be so bright.

Linda B

Extraordinary
Render 5.png

What lights did you use Sky, because I'm having an issue with the transparency on the Spock hair. This was with Simple Studio lights.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, in P11 you have the option now of area lights, and I had everything cranked up at all angles, like this:
lights.jpg

I was rendering in firefly. In superfly, the lights typically will load cranked up to 3000% to get the shiny gold and glass effects. So the two lights on the right side were at 3000%, and one on the left side was 3000%, the rest were at 100%....in other words, I just popped them in and took the default settings to save time.

:bee: