• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Now I didn't try superfly on any of these, since I didn't know if the materials would work, and it takes quite awhile to render out.

skylab

Esteemed
If it was just us, we could postwork any little problem areas...but Rendo QA is funny, and even the freebies have to pass through it.

Whenever you create a light in Poser, look over on the right hand side, in the parameters box, and notice the intensity percentage. And in the Properties tab, you can choose what type of light to use. Forgive me if I'm explaining something that you already know.

lights2.jpg
lights3.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
Oh thank you for that. I'm terrible at Poser lighting. That helps greatly. I'm basically relearning from scratch.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh okay....I didn't want to come across as insulting your intelligence. Dani will probably come on later and snicker at my "explanations"...because I know very little about Poser lighting. I do tend to like bright, colorful renders, so I usually have slightly hot lights.

Below is what a spot light looks like in the parameters box, and properties tab, if it's cranked all the way up to 100%

lights4.jpg
lights5.jpg

When I was doing the stormy water night scenes, I tinted all the lights down with blue...sometimes I do renders that have a lot of rust or brown lights.

night-waves.jpg

Final test render:

STORMY WAVES.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Here's a point light, dimly lit, placed in Andy's hand. It's the only light in the scene, and it's only at 40%. This is what you'd use for candle light, or a mood scene, or a single lamp light.

point-light1.jpg

point-light2.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It's easy to get stuff into Renderosity. Super easy compared to here. But the standards are different.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
That's amazing!

Dana

Thank you! Feel free to grab them as they are. I'll be working on making them a lot better. Every couple of months I try making hair. Figured I might as well put my attempts to good use and make them for Pitterbill.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It's an addon. I can't get it to do everything like he shows in his tutorials. But it works great to some things. Excellent at texturing. Well not texturing but mapping should say.

skylab

Esteemed
I just went on the site, looks like they are charging $34 for individual use, does that sound right? and $40 for business.

skylab

Esteemed
My problem would be that I don't know enough about Blender to launch into something like that...I'd probably make a mess...haha.