• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Okay...then I'll turn in for the night :)

bean--pic.jpg

Good morning!

Of course I'd love to help with your project. I used to do many religious renders. I'll download the boat and sails. I'm not sure how to recreate the storm scene in Poser but I will do my best. Sounds fun and challenging.

My but the Poser forums on Rendo and DAZ are quite busy these days. Everyone has an opinion (me too!) and it's fun to read everyone's wishes and predictions for the future of the program. *smile*

Now off to catch up on the rest of what's happening here and I'm going to try to find some of my older religious renders...maybe they can be useful to your project.

Okay, you guys were busy. I have a lot of cool new stuff to download which always makes my day. LOL

Linda, thank you...and where did you get that adorable moon prop? I love it!

I created this one for Easter in 2010 and then my friend asked why wasn't the stone rolled away so I did another one the following year.

France from KCTC Freebies created a few religious items that I think you can still find online.

Attachments

• rollawaythestone.jpg
    rollawaythestone.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 113
Well, just went through my old images, first one dated August 14, 1999 and boy! did I do a lot of angel pictures! LOL Interspersed I may add between lots of naked people and fairies. In the beginning I remember I had a hard time getting clothes to stay on my people. I covered the archangels, some saints, many of the blessed mother holding a very scary looking Poser baby and a few of Jesus. The ones above are the only scenes that I did.

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning Dani :)

The moon prop came from Nursoda's freestuff on his website...click on freestuff at the left side top of the page, then scroll about halfway over...it's called Sleepy Hein. And that's what we all were last night, after our busy day :)

Yep, there have been forum opinions flying left and right...and you know, opinions sometimes are like arm pits...everybody has a couple, and some of them stink...haha. I had a feeling that the sale of Poser would wake up a lot of dead horse issues, and, surprisingly, even a few new ones....and it often takes a LOT of cold water to put those fires out...haha. One thing I noticed that made me grin from ear to ear...and I don't know if Janet picked up on it...but it was in the description of Poser:

"Poser animation software has had a long history with Smith Micro, and I am pleased to see it going to a long-term partner in Renderosity," said William W. Smith Jr., President and CEO of Smith Micro."

Animation software...yes ma'am...that's probably news to a lot of folks...haha....or a well-kept secret :) Now that's a prediction that I'd like to hear...more animation goodies :) But alas, most of what we'll hear will probably be the same old same old forum yada yada.

Your comical account of your early faith-themed renders sounded familiar to me...I had a hard time with the clothes thing too at first, and because I didn't have any...nothing...but the freebies that I could desperately find (that's another reason that I like to help newbies...I remember the frustration of wanting to do stuff, but having nothing to do with) ...I had Jesus in some pretty unusual scenes, and some of them my friends (real world) actually liked because they were so unexpected...like these:

THE PROPOSAL.jpg

THE VOW.jpg

JC BIKER.jpg

TRIBUTE TO WORSHIP LEADER.gif

The one above, with Jesus lingering after rehearsal...I did this one around the time that I resigned from the worship team, to dial down my busy, stressful lifestyle, which was one of the hardest decisions I had to make. At least in this render I had plenty of props, and a DAZ and Poserworld account :)

I went by the name of glorysong (for the music ministry) back in my early website building days, so you'll see that name on old renders sometimes. I also have a whole website full of older work like the ones above...so if you're bored, and want a stroll down Poser and DAZ Studio memory lane, go to this link :) Everything that was done in recent years, or current is at the skylab3D site.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
I'm browsing through your older stuff now....I really like Roll Away the Stone 1 and 2! They look like they could have been done in Vue! And Forty Days is thought provoking! Wow...if you were doing that quality work at the start, it would be awesome now. I mentioned to Forester by email that I'd met someone through our thread here at Hivewire that I thought had the interest, and could really do some nice seascapes. If you're really interested in trying, Forester has made a stormy sea plane for me to use, and I'll ask her if it's okay that I share it with you, and I suspect if she says it's okay, that she'd like to see what you create with it. Pam has done all these models for me free of charge, plus she was able to convert Clark Cook's boat from Vue .vob format to .obj for Poser (with his permission), shown below in my Vue render from 2007. After working with it, she decided to redo the 1st Century boat in Maya, using newer materials, and exported it, and several props and water planes to .obj formet for my use. I would love to see what you could accomplish using them, and I can say without hesitation that you'd do a far better job than I could. I'll ask Pam about the stormy water, my first test render of it is below (with Construct dark sky of course), followed by Clark Cook's 2007 version of the boat, rendered in Vue 6 Esprit.

Forester stormy waves .obj
STORMY WAVES.jpg

Original Kinneret boat by Clark Cook - Vue render 2007
KINNERET BOAT - 2007.jpg

Meshbox model of Noah's ark done in Poser - 2008
NOAH'S ARK - 2008.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Well, have a good morning everyone :) I'll be back on later, around noon probably, after I return from running errands.

:bee::beehive::bee:

Good morning!

Snape...Alan Rickman? My twins thought it was Lord Farquaad from Shrek and my husband Keith Richards.

Sky, love the images. They remind me a little bit of the Coffee with Jesus comic strip. I think with that stormy seascape I may have a good chance of creating something that you would like...at least I hope I can. Fink's Water FX could also be of use.

Beautiful weather here in Maryland on the Bay...well, a tributary of it. I spent a good portion of my morning in my pj's on my porch swing in the back yard with my puppy, a blanket and a cup of coffee. Thankfully, my yard has a privacy fence on one side and my sister and her family lives on the other side. *smile*

Linda B

Extraordinary
Well I guess it looks like all 3 Dani, but it is supposed to be Snape.

We sit on our backporch in the mornings too. So peaceful just listening to the birds and seeing the mountain.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, I'm finally back. Got my meds refilled, and other errands done. Everybody is enjoying the beautiful day, so the lines were long, like Christmas shopping. I'm so glad that's done. I'll take my nightshirt, and a peaceful day, thank you :)

Dani, sounds like you're interested in trying the stormy seascape...which will be a challenge. Hopefully I can sit at your feet and learn something from a lighting master. I'll email Pam today and see how she feels about me sharing the stormy sea .obj model.

I'm such a homebody, going out really is draining...I feel like I've been yanked under a door...haha. Could have to do with my not having eaten yet, so I guess that's next on the agenda.

Have fun...and I'll catch you all later.

:bee::beehive::bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Good news for Poser 11 users...Rendo has made a way for them to also get in on the Poser Pro 11 upgrade pricing, at this link.

I do love it when a few constructive ideas are all that's needed to get the ball rolling...we owe a big thanks to Janet, for contacting Rendo :)

And Dani, I've emailed Pam, and hopefully she'll come up for air at least by tonight to check her inbox...she's an intense modeler...haha.

Okay, I'm off to grab some lunch :)

:coding:

LOL I was right! I know Snape when I see him. *smile* You live in the mountains? I love the mountains and some of my favorite vacations have been spent in various hilly parts of the country. I've lived on the water almost my entire life (5 years spent in Texas) on the same little creek where I was born. My parents house which now belongs to my sister is a block up the street and the house where my other sister lives next door to me was originally my grandparents' home.

Sky, I've gone back and downloaded some poses and things. I don't know how much of a problem it will be but I really don't have a lot of M4 stuff. Poor M4 is actually tucked away in a folder in my Runtime called Seldom Used Figures...where all the males figures are. I thought I had Apollo but I can't find anything...probably zipped up on a hard drive. I do have M3 and the Shepherd outfit.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, I could probably make you some M3 stuff...actually the next sets will be fishing poses and riding out the storm...so if you prefer, I can work with M3 for those. Apollo is a good choice for classical art...I thought the Last Supper using Apollo turned out the best, since it suited the historical time frame of the painting. I used M4 for the attempt at walking on water partly because I had loin cloths that fit, which is often how they fished, rather than get soaked in a full robe. This is mentioned in the story where Peter, when he recognizes Jesus on the shore, puts his clothes back on and hurries to meet him.

Apollo can still be downloaded for free on the adh3d website. Make sure you get the password at the bottom of the page in order to unzip the files.

But I'd be glad to create for you a couple of M3 sets...folks on ShareCG do still like the older models, so it will go over with them too :) The older models are better for animations, or crowd scenes since they're not so demanding of resources.

I'm fixing my lunch now...so after I had a chance to eat, and maybe get a power nap, I may work on those for you...and I'll let you know when I hear from Pam (Forester). If all else fails, Flink's Water 2 is a good set for peaceful water, and I don't know if you have this or not, but DAZ has a product called Breaking Waves that's more like high waves than an actual storm, that can be scaled and adjusted as needed.

I don't think I've asked this before, but do you do dynamic cloth? If so, the free M4 Dynamic Robe is about as good as it gets. There's one also for V4, as well as other biblical props in Bionic Rooster's free stuff on Rendo.

And finally, another option would be Poser 11's Paul. Maja has created an entire dynamic biblical wardrobe for him.

At least you'll have some things to consider...so just indicate which is your preference, after you've had time to ponder it.

Well, it's lunch time :)

:angel: