• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Terre

Renowned
Great news on Maja.
Those updates for apps we'll never use is one of the reasons that we don't have Win 10. Jim is seriously looking at other OS's that are Win compatible when he needs a new computer.

skylab

Esteemed
What Microsoft calls "feature updates" are the problem...the security updates are about the same as always...but there's no way to turn off the other garbage, except to halt everything by putting it on pause...which pauses everything. I'd rather take my chances, and tighten up my security software, than to know that Microsoft will trash it for sure with feature updates that are between 30 and 50 gig each....that's ridiculous to keep pouring that into a computer. I'm sure if I had a tremendously huge drive with over 32 gig of ram, it probably would complete the update without a hitch...but that kitchen drive was intended for just surfing, so it is small. This is the second huge update that has failed, and this time it's not completing the boot process. So, I don't blame you for seeking other operating systems. The Chrome notebooks looked appealing to me, but then I'd run into the issue of incompatibility with my favorite software. And where the workstation bind occurs is...3D software is increasingly requiring online access for perpetual activation...so it pulls you toward the internet when you'd just as soon work offline most of the time, and just go online if you have a specific reason to, like snail-slow dial-up used to be, only with broadband speed.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
DOC - MARTY FELDMAN.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Haha...hey Linda...hope you're doing well today. I've been searching around for a box with a hinged lid for Thing, but so far I haven't found anything....will post a link here if I do. I'll leave Fester, Lerch, and Gomez alone, in case you want to try doing them. I figured you weren't going to want to try Kousin It in the hair room...haha.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Janet...I just googled John Cleese to study the face a bit....it might be possible...the face is long, but more squared, so that's the part that I'm not sure about. Will give it a try :)

And yes, Linda used Hein for Trump. Hein has the square face build, just less versatile in the subtle tweaks. The trick with Hein is using props, or something that leaves a convincing impression.

DAZ has something for Genesis 8 that allows for super detailing of faces, on sale in fact.

:drawing:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Cool! Thank you! I think you already know what I want to use it for. If you need a square shaped face maybe I could do that in Blender and make it a Poser morph.

skylab

Esteemed
I'll give it a try...I usually spend time looking at reference pics from different angles before I begin working on a character :)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
When he was younger. Like this:

I'm rendering a movie right now but after it's done I can do a bunch of facial morphs for Pitterbill if you want to test them I'll put them out as a freebie.

skylab

Esteemed
Okay, sure, I'll test them....so you're saying you don't need me to try to do Cleese, or you do?

I'm attaching Marty Doc to this post in case anyone's interested...it's just the zipped pose/morph in a Pitterbill folder, not the full Runtime folder. Just drop it in with the rest of your Pitterbill faces.

:drawing:

Attachments

• DOC MARTY.zip
    178.4 KB · Views: 155

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Nonono please use these morphs to do John Cleese! You have a talent for that.

skylab

Esteemed
Well...the jaw is good, but the chin area has to be wider, so that the overall face appears more squared. The forehead is plenty tall, but it needs to be wider at the top...think Frankenstein, just not so extreme, or flat...haha.

jcleese.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Now what you're doing, will it preserve the rigging and Doc face morphs, so that I can apply final tweaks to the face? Just asking.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes, rigging will be preserved. Existing morphs will still be there. It just adds more morphs to play with.