• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
...and another free creepy old house...in order to get the background and lighting to work, the Poser 11 ground dome has to be made invisible.

old--house2.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Getting my old Win7 prepared to be the "worker bee"...at least until I know the final verdict on the stalling Win10. Have a good day all :)

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Yeah, I kept my old drives...I didn't fully trust it from the beginning, and I wanted something to fall back on, in case things didn't go well, especially at first. At least I've gotten the old Win7 updated and ready to surf...when a drive has been sitting for awhile, it will pester you with everything needing updating, all at the same time, so much so that it's difficult to get online. I've finally gotten past that point now. And meanwhile, the Win10 is still stalled.

Well, it's time for me to catch an afternoon nap. See you folks later on :)

:sleep:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't use the Bookmark feature, but I'm sure a fair amount of members probably do, as they're interested in specific threads and/or subforums.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey everyone :) ...I feel like I'm arriving in the middle of the movie...haha. I saw the forum upgrade announcement. So I guess we're back up now (?)

Miss B

CV-BEE
From what I understand, this is not the new forum software yet, or was the forum down for a while? I was out at the dentist, and then ran some errands, so may have missed it.

skylab

Esteemed
I was just going by the large text spread at the top of every page...was just wondering if it's still in progress, or is it completed, or not yet begun?

Miss B

CV-BEE
As far as I know, they're still testing. I'm sure Lisa will let us know when it's done.

You do know you can close that announcement by clicking the "x" in the top right corner.

Terre

Renowned
My guess was the message was a warning. i only have a handful of bookmarks and they will be easy to replace if I need to.

skylab

Esteemed
This was the message I was, and am, referring to...and I didn't x it out since it was probably there for a reason...that is, informing us there was an upgrade. Everything seems to be posting fine, so I guess it's okay. Didn't want to be messing around in the thread if they needed us to cool it for awhile, that's all I was really wondering.

message.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
This was the message I was, and am, referring to...and I didn't x it out since it was probably there for a reason...that is, informing us there was an upgrade. Everything seems to be posting fine, so I guess it's okay. Didn't want to be messing around in the thread if they needed us to cool it for awhile, that's all I was really wondering.
No that's just to notify folks that it's going to be happening. You don't need to leave it there, or you wouldn't have the option to remove, if it was necessary to leave it there.

skylab

Esteemed
Ahh, Linda has done Louis...and love the type in those lyrics :)

I worked on a morph for Janet earlier today, and worked on computers this morning, so I don't have any fun stuff ready to post :( I did track down a toon version of this Oldsmobile on a 70% off sale today at DAZ...which will convert nicely to the 1921 model of the Beverly Hillbillies truck. Hopefully I'll come up with an addition for the back that can be used either in DAZ Studio or Poser...this is a converted .obj imported into Poser from the original rigged .duf car.

porsmobile.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks for the trumpet link Linda :) I see where someone has posted a plane engine effect new at ShareCG.

Should be interesting searching for stuff to add to the Hillbilly truck...a lantern, a jug, rope, the short truck bed, granny's bench seat, and two barrels for the fenders, plus other odds and ends :)

:coding: