• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Oh, I just had to come back in here to post this. I was checking my email, and I'm on a few "follow me" lists on ShareCG, and one of them in Maja. I just received an email, notifying me that she's posted something new over in her Maja account, it's called Gemstone Jewelry for Pauline. I've been wondering and wondering how she was doing. Hope she stops by...it's certainly good to know that she's doing okay :)

:coding:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Ooh Maja's got some nice freebies. I needed stuff for Poser 11 people too.

Feeling better today. Went to Doc and she changed my meds. Lots of bloodwork to be done. Vampires want my blood!

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda B....so glad you're feeling better. I have hiding veins, so know what you mean about the bloodwork...I think they hear the word needle, and start retreating :/

Maja does beautiful work, like commercial quality stuff. She's uploaded another freebie this afternoon apparently...it's a velvet dress for Pauline. Even the lighting in her promo pics is nicely done...she really knows what she's doing with superfly renders :)

:bee:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Had to a little photoshop.

Herman Punster.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I could have turned Kon around and stuck a hat and sunglasses on his head, and would have had Cousin It....never thought of it back at the time this was done :) He'd be fairly easy to do in the hair room...just select the whole body, grow the hairs with an increased length setting, then pull the direction down :)

KON BAD HAIR large.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Even though the Thing model was created for DAZ Studio, stuff in the Runtime folder can be used in Poser. When it loads, the rigged hand appears green...so a trip to the material room would be necessary to apply the flesh texture supplied. I'm not seeing a way to load the hinged box, but it's easy enough to find one of those. If the lighting is set just right, it's possible to do hand shapes on the back wall...which would be interesting animation possibilities :)

Thing model in a box...on ShareCG

THING HAND.jpg

DanaTA

Distinguished
I could have turned Kon around and stuck a hat and sunglasses on his head, and would have had Cousin It....never thought of it back at the time this was done :) He'd be fairly easy to do in the hair room...just select the whole body, grow the hairs with an increased length setting, then pull the direction down :)

View attachment 47390

Cousin It's hair was much longer and smoother, not so frizzy.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
I think Thing was made by music2u4u. He hasn't been very active in the 3D world lately. he stops into the Car and Bike Lovers' Thread - Mark IV, so you might want to try to contact him there. You might catch him.

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, It's hair has to be much longer...that's why I phrased it this way "...grow the hairs with an increased length setting, then pull the direction down".

And we used to see Music2u4u all the time on DAZ forum...and at first he was creating his stuff for Studio...but that far back, at least the hand could be used in Poser. No problem...we enjoy the workarounds :)

skylab

Esteemed
If anyone struggles with eyestrain as much as I do, there's a free giveaway until the weekend of CareUEyesPro through Shareware On Sale. I always check the website of the software being offered, just to be sure, which in this case is Care-Eyes.com. The YouTube video below demonstrates how the utility works...it gives easy access to brighter viewing settings when necessary for close work, and warmer, less bright settings when just doing general surfing or night time viewing. Finally some relief for my eyes :) Anyway, for the next three days the utility will be offered free at the first link above.

skylab

Esteemed
Poser also has its own collection of rigged hands, in the same general area as the mannequins...they can be found under Additional Figures -> Hands :)

hands in poser.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Yeah, just messing around a little :) And keeping an eye on my kitchen workstation....Microsoft dropped a big update, and now it's slow to reboot...it's just hung on a twirling progress indicator, which I'm not sure is indicating any sort of progress, since it has been doing it since early last night. Windows 10 updates are awful, and all so they can tweak their piddling apps. Wish somebody would drop a piano on their updates o_O Sure hope they haven't trashed my new drive. I immediately paused the updates on my better, bedside workstation where I do most of my work, and that's the way it's going to stay until I see proof that Microsoft is capable of acting responsibly. Oh well, that's why I got the cheaper, surfer Win10 drive for the kitchen, to be the guinea pig, but I just got it tweaked the way I wanted it. So... I just stretched out to rest after I finished Kousin It.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre, I left a comment for Maja on her download page that we missed seeing her here, and she left this response today:

"Hi, skylab. You are very welcome as always. I have been very busy during the last 18 month. More input at Hivewire forum as soon as possible."

According to her response, we may be having Maja stop by soon, so be watching for her, in case she visits during one of my afternoon naps. And I'll say here, in advance, just in case she does stop by, welcome home Maja...we've missed seeing you here :)

:flower02: