• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sans Souci and Me - a liveaboard life

Carey

Extraordinary
I worked on off shore oil rigs for a while, Sun rise and sun set out there were on the water was almost religious in nature. Something about a big sky that puts things in perspective for you. Never saw any two that even seem remotely alike and they always seemed surreal...

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Unlike the boaties I've met since I moved aboard Sans Souci, I don't use a laptop for my 3D-ing. No, in the corner of my bedroom is a desktop, problematical on a boat that runs on deep cycle batteries and solar panels. So to enjoy my hobby I require a generator on the aft deck, petrol and NOISE! Oh, so much noise. But not only noise, carbon monoxide too. Every day I check the weather forecast and the tide. Why? Because I need a tide going the same way as the wind. The tide tells me which way the boat will be pointing, and the appropriate wind will take the carbon monoxide away instead of filling the boat and trying to kill me. So sometimes I can 3D in the afternoon, sometimes at night, and sometimes not at all. But I never 3D in the mornings. Mornings?! I don't do mornings! I do know mornings exist, I however sleep the sleep of the nightowl and afternoons are way early enough ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yeah, me and mornings don't get along either, and I really have a hard time getting up before noon for doctor appointments and the like. :(

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That they are. One of the greatest things was not having to get up in the AM after I retired. Man, I tell ya, that was wonderful. :D

Lorraine

This is the sort of rain radar that as a boatie I don't wish to see, especially after dark. This could mean getting up in the middle of the night and bailing out the dinghy. Though, fingers crossed, that patch of yellow in the middle will continue to track over us and bring only showers. I am sorry for anyone out in that rain, it's going to be a long, cold, wet night for anyone at sea or those attending accidents on the roads or returning power to affected homes. I salute you all.
image.jpeg

Lorraine

We were really lucky up here but down south on the Coromandel, not so. Big floods, houses inundated, roads closed, no power, the lot. Poor things, they've got a lot of cleaning up to do :(

Lorraine

Thanks, Pen. Was real nice to get up to a fine if windy day today. Just went outside to turn off the gennie and wowza! It is nippy!