• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sans Souci and Me - a liveaboard life

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
You can't see it very well in the photos, but right at the back of the boat, on the aft deck, is the Beast, my 1100w generator, aka gennie, which enables my computer, toaster, iron, mixer and power tools to annoy the neighbourhood. The Beast has one problem...it wants to kill me. If I'm sitting at my computer, happily playing, and I suddenly feel a tad funny, I know Souc has turned her butt (official terminology is 'stern') into the wind and the Beast is filling the boat with carbon monoxide. Happened yesterday and much cursing occurred. Today though, it's blowing from the north, the tide is now coming in, and the Beast will not be homicidal. Unless there's an unexpected wind change. You will hear the cussing in the northern hemisphere if that happens!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
My husband and I always wanted to build an earth sheltered house...I can dream!

Lorraine, that sounds quite dangerous...look after yourself.

Lorraine

Hi Pen :) Dreaming is free and sometimes, even more than sometimes, dreams come true. I hope your dream comes true for you as mine did for me :luck:

I'm so attuned to the gennie now that the slightest whiff of that smell gets me running, growling, to the back of the boat. When I got my first one I really did make myself very ill but that doesn't happen anymore. In this case, familiarity did NOT breed contempt :D

Lorraine

It seems the road less traveled in your case isn't even a road. Most fascinating. :)

Thanks, shadownet, I'm glad you enjoyed the posts. I may steal that line and modify it slightly, in fact, consider it already stolen! 'The road less travelled is not necessarily a road' :cool:

Lorraine

I shall bow to your like, Miss B, and go with the first one. Now all I have to do is append it :)

Lorraine

That's a bit like me and my son, I used to keep him in order by saying "you've got to go to sleep...sometime" ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sounds like a plan. We have to change our clocks tonight. So we're going to lose an hour's sleep. Wonderful.

Anyway, night folks, see ya tomorrow some time.