• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sans Souci and Me - a liveaboard life

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Tonight's dinghy ride home was almost a repeat of Wednesday's...bright stars, black sky, phosphorescence. Almost but not quite. In the west hung a new moon. And directly in front of me, in the south, in what was probably the darkest patch of deep dark sky, a shooting star. Not an ordinary one either. Not a tiny flash of light but a flaming piece of space debris, bigger than the largest star in the sky, flaming orange and red as it came down and extinguishing before it touched the earth. My world truly rocks sometimes.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Life is like Heaven sometimes isn't it?! You know those moments......the feeling you get when you've been out in the snow and your skin gets that tingling feeling, you go inside and the warmth makes you glow. To top it of you get a hot coco with whipped cream on top. Those kind of moments where being whole and happy becomes so big you can almost touch it?! And then all seems to be at peace.
That magic is always in the little things isn't it?

Lorraine

So true, Pom, those little things that make you happy to be alive and full of contentment. Being contented seems to be an underrated thing nowadays with people wanting more and more of so very much. But when I see a big shooting star on a dark night, I don't need a lot of anything else to make me happy. I can still see it, falling from the sky, flaming and beautiful. The only thing I needed that made it better was being able to tell about here.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh dang! That reminds me. I meant to buy chocolate for making real hot chocolate. Guess it will need to go in the cart for next weekend!

Lorraine

Hey my peeps :)

So now you know that I live on a boat. But sometimes I don't. Sometimes, and sometimes often, I move ashore to be Aunty Lorraine to various canines and felines. Now moving ashore is not a thing to take lightly, oh no, it is something rather heavy instead. First the washing is collected, the bed stripped and all bunged into a big bag. Then the computer is packed up, the desktop into its own bag, the monitor and peripherals going into and amongst the laundry. The fridge is emptied, turned off and contents packed up; the coffee, tea and plunger; the phone, tablet and chargers; toiletries and meds; clothes, shoes and slippers; empty gas bottles and petrol containers; the desk chair, diary and pens and pencil case; all of this is loaded into the dinghy making sure to leave some room for me. Then the boat is battened down: batteries off, gas off, fridge left open a couple of inches, bilge emptied, top sides tidied and tied down, portholes closed and dogged, wheelhouse door locked on the inside, cockpit door locked and barred from the outside. Now I motor ashore, being careful not to scoop a wave over the bow, unload dinghy contents into trolleys, take across the yard, load all into the car, drive to house, unload the car, collapse. One, two, three, four or sometimes more weeks later, do it all again in reverse. I was lucky today, I got to take the heaviest things ashore and come home. Tomorrow there will be just me and the lighter stuff. And the desk chair. And in nine days, I'll bring it all home again.

Last edited:

Lorraine

I sometimes wonder why I do do it, Satira, and then I remember all that lovely power and internet I am going to thrash, and the free washing machine and the car, and my son coming to stay and the movies we will watch and it doesn't seem quite so bad. But tomorrow arvo, when I get to the house and collapse, I will still wonder why I did it ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Do move everything so it isn't removed by others or end up with the fishies while you are gone? Or do you move everything because you need/want it where you're going to be staying?

Lorraine

The latter, Satira. The times I've gone ashore with just my necessities, my phone and tablet have been long and boring. By myself in someone else's space it's difficult for me to remain settled if I have nothing to do. So I've even decided that the next time I go to look after my sister's dog in the Waikato I'm buying two seats and taking the puter with me! But not the desk chair ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW, not sure I could do all that packing, and unpacking, every time I went somewhere for a few days. Bad enough just packing clothes, meds, and absolute necessities.

Lorraine

Not many people would take quite as much as I do ashore. I am renowned for making the Fluffdog's dad groan when he sees the heap ;)

Lorraine

But look at this! All set up and ready to roll. A blurry picture as Joycie was going to make a jump for it!

image.jpeg

Lorraine

It sucks, Satira, it really sucks. The longest time I was without it was last year...five or six weeks it ended up being...I threatened to BITE anyone who asked me to sit for them ;) Eight wonderful weeks I spent on the boat after that trip away.