• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Runtime DNA merges with DAZ 3D

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Installation instructions say it needs to be in the same folder with the Poser.exe file.

That's if you are putting it in a runtime, you want to make sure it's in the runtime with the actual program. But. . . you can run python scripts from pretty much anywhere. There are some scripts that have other files that go along with them, that all have to live in the same folder together, EZSkin 3 isn't actually one of them.

When I'm working on a script, I often keep it on my desktop and use File/Run Python Script then select the script file. I just tried to make sure this worked. I put EZSkin3 on my desktop and was able to run it just fine from there.

Mivan

Admirable
I use a premium password generator/vault. It has the ability to save my software keycodes and other notes. I just added a note to my RDNA entry that links to a copy of all my invoices stored on the cloud.
I save my passwords on a sheet of paper. I won't let any electronic media come close to them. Too easy to hack.

frogimus

Adventurous
Well, if they ever successfully hack the PW manager I use, they would also need access to my phone to make it past the second layer

paganeagle2001

Adventurous
Writing passwords on a piece of paper!

May as well just have them set as 123456789 or password or your favourite pet names.

Secure encrypted password programs have been around for years now.

If you write passwords on pieces of paper, you are open to more attacks than anything.

All the best.

Richard

paganeagle2001

Adventurous
Oh and while I'm here. Remember that DAZ said they were open to new Poser content now they have taken over RDNA?

Check their store, since the did the Poser Modular lights bundle that they got from RDNA, exactly how many products for Poser have appeared in their store?

Well pop along, find the modular lights and then check after them. I'll leave it open for people to check.

At least here we have a mix of products.

All the best.

Richard

frogimus

Adventurous
Well, on the first page of "new items" I found SS Marcoor Control Room and Moonpath Garden. They really need to get the vendors in and situated. As far as I can tell, there's only 1 or 2 products actually moved from RDNA.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
There's also Gothic Light, which goes on Gothic Décor (One of the PC freebies).

jan19

Enthusiast
Some of the vendors at DAZ have been including Poser versions of their products, as a matter of course, almost. Goldtassel (bless him or her) released Poser V4 versions of the Mada and Legacie hairs. And they work great in SuperFly. :)

When I browse at DAZ, I tend to look by vendor. All the vendors do not overlook Poser. :)

frogimus

Adventurous
Some of the vendors at DAZ have been including Poser versions of their products, as a matter of course, almost. Goldtassel (bless him or her) released Poser V4 versions of the Mada and Legacie hairs. And they work great in SuperFly. :)

When I browse at DAZ, I tend to look by vendor. All the vendors do not overlook Poser. :)

I tend to only shop the vendors that cover both platforms natively (DSON not an option to me). Unfortunately, this doesn't help the excuse of "Poser items don't sell".

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Perhaps someone should start a list of vendors that natively support Poser. DSON isn't an option for me either.

I can tell you that here, the only DSON products we have are those for Genesis figures where the CA wanted to provide a Poser version.

Also, we've had people asking about products they bought at RDNA which are migrating here (I have a whole bunch already I'm working on and some are already here) in terms of getting them into their HW accounts.

I've started a thread here:

Products moved to HiveWire from RDNA

So if you have questions or want more info, please go to that thread :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Me too, so I stopped with Genesis 1 with DS 4.0. Now I only use DS for Genesis 1 or older (non-HiveWire) Gen4 figures that always played nice in Poser or DS 3 or earlier.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear

I only go over to DAZ when a friend alerts me, and thank goodness I did listen when she told me about the Mada hair (very confusing name for HAIR, as I keep thinking it's MADA THE PERSON, though!) which is gorgeous and easily fits/sits on Dawn's head! I considered that a 'MUST HAVE' purchase and could only use it because it has poser format files, so I agree: bless Goldtassle! :)

Britt

Admirable
I quit using DAZ Studio at version 1.0.7; when it would still find all your content!

After that; good luck at finding content in the program at all.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
I quit using DAZ Studio at version 1.0.7; when it would still find all your content!

After that; good luck at finding content in the program at all.

I've never had any problems finding stuff - and I've got quite a bit.
Have you tried 4.8 or 4.9 did you still have problems and if so what sort of problems were they?

Britt

Admirable
I tried several versions of DS2 and DS3 my bought Poser content and my self created content would never be found by the program.

I have not tried DS4.

(I know 100's of people who lost $1,000's of dollars worth of content when DAZ started the content management system. For years they have been trying to make a program that would find content all to no avail.)