• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Runtime DNA merges with DAZ 3D

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Which is actually pretty neat. I love some of renders I've seen which are made to look like ink, or oil, or other non computer medium. I've never found I have any skill at getting the results I want when I've tried to go in that direction, which is maybe why I've tended towards photorealistic. It's also funny because although I will do post work, I'd rather do as little as possible. But again that probably has more to do with my strengths and weaknesses than anything else. I admire people who can do great postwork on an image.

It's so cool how we all like different things in our renders. Some go for perfection without post work, some render with the intention of painting over and everything in between! love it!

Lianam

Eager
:D Morning! Working on getting my new/upgraded pc in order, then I am going to go play outside. It is suppose to get back up to the 50s again today. Yippee!!

skylab

Esteemed
Both sound like fun...playing with a new upgraded pc, as well as getting outside in the pretty weather...enjoy both Lianam :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
*munches on some cake and strawberries and chocolate (thank you Rae!) and hands Traci tissues and zyrtec (fellow allergy sufferer with asthma, so can relate). Feel better!!*

It is cool that there are so many ways that people work to create their art!!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
*munches on some cake and strawberries and chocolate (thank you Rae!) and hands Traci tissues and zyrtec (fellow allergy sufferer with asthma, so can relate). Feel better!!*
Thanks! We went from winter to summer in a couple of days and the pollen is just exploding! Temps freezing one day, 75 the next. Puppies come running in from the yard and a cloud of pollen follows them. Spring is my favorite season, but the pollen just kills me.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hope you feel better soon Glitterati!

It's so cool how we all like different things in our renders. Some go for perfection without post work, some render with the intention of painting over and everything in between! love it!
I reckon you could give the same scene to render and people would end up have totally different art which I find absolutely amazing (and wonderful!)

Actually, that kinda sounds like a cool challenge!
(I guess it would have to be a scene made with freebies so that it could be shared, but I'd love to see the outcome :))

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
No, you should teach a class on purchase management, lol. I'd sign up for that.
Funny, because some people call me anal for doing all that. Hmmmm, a Purchase Management class. Yeah I think I could manage that. ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I keep every purchase email too, as well as the download link emails and any product key emails. In addition, I have a spreadsheet with separate tabs for each store where I list the Product Name, Product No/Skew, Order No, Purchase Date, Price, any credits/discounts applied, Total Price, (for HiveWire, Points Used, and Points Earned).

If product is a duplicate (included in a bundle), that's noted.

I also recorded the filename, filesize, download location, and Runtime where the product was installed, as well as columns for whether files had been downloaded and installed. But, as I spent less and less, I decided I didn't really need that much info.

I started tracking everything in a spreadsheet when I lost my hard drive and had to download and install everything all over again. It was the only way I could keep track of what had been downloaded and installed!

The download and install columns were necessary as I didn't always download and install everything immediately. Now I keep the purchase email unread until I've downloaded the file. Only then do I archive the email.

I'm not naturally very organized, so a spreadsheet like this is essential for my sanity. After a year or so of purchases, it's also the only way to quickly check whether I've purchased something already.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I also recorded the filename, filesize, download location, and Runtime where the product was installed, as well as columns for whether files had been downloaded and installed. But, as I spent less and less, I decided I didn't really need that much info.
Thant sounds something like the spreadsheet I exported out of DIM. I don't bother with the date downloaded, etc., but do have the SKU number and tags for all my DAZ products.

I'm not naturally very organized, so a spreadsheet like this is essential for my sanity. After a year or so of purchases, it's also the only way to quickly check whether I've purchased something already.
That's why I keep the spreadsheets for each store with product names, invoice nos. and dates of purchase. The DIM spreadsheet is a separate record.

frogimus

Adventurous
I use a premium password generator/vault. It has the ability to save my software keycodes and other notes. I just added a note to my RDNA entry that links to a copy of all my invoices stored on the cloud.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Earl, not sure if that's here
"?"s about EZSkin 2 & 3 | HiveWire 3D Community
A bunch of posts about ezskin are somewhere in the thread we're in (but I don't recall where) and maybe one of our wonderful CVs will copy them over to the ezskin thread I linked to, or start another one in the Poser Script forum

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, I did find my answer over at RDNA. I am having a bit of trouble installing it on my laptop though. I using a PC and I'm a Mac guy, normally. Files and locations are somewhat different here. I can't remember where to put things like the python scripts which is what EZSkin is, of course. I know WHERE it's suppose to go, but finding where that WHERE is located is what's tripping me up. Sometimes I just end up putting the same file in several locations, figuring that at least ONE of them has to be right.:sneaky:

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Snarly's EZSkin files ending with .py file extensions should go in the runtime>python>poserscript>scripts menu folder. I add a folder in there named Snarlygribbly because I have his EZMat, SnowMachine and EZSkin.

I add the definition files there as well, but then I have to tell EZSkin where to find them (once, setting up the preferences)

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
EzSkin folder can be anywhere. You can run it as "Run python script" or make a button in the Python Scripts palette.