• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

prixat

Inspired
Does anyone know of a video of an experienced Poser user working at full speed, not teaching. Based around a typical, one figure scene, involving loading, clothing, posing, lighting, rendering?
Commentary would be nice if there are keyboard shortcuts involved, but not necessary.
I find 'looking over someones shoulder' the easiest way to pick up the tacit knowledge needed to get over of the 'clunky' phase.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I am grateful that both softwares exist. I don't have to choose between them. I have a love/hate relationship with both of them, too. LOL I use both about equally as there are some things that are easier for me in one than the other, and vice versa. I would love some new tools to simplify some of the things that have neverending workarounds.

I look forward to a long a prosperous life for both software studios because what _I_ love to do most depends on the companies that own them doing well. I think that is why it is so frustrating to not be heard by those who are calling the shots - on BOTH sides!

In order to continue to do what we love to do, we NEED you to do well pushing your companies forward. We are depending on you to make smart, informed decisions. AND being informed means listening when your customers as well as the artists who create content to support your app share their frustrations with you. We aren't just crazy, ego-centric, artists throwing a hissy, primadonna fit. We are people who have found ways to do what we love to do AND support our families in the process. The term "starving artist" could be replaced with "thriving artist" if the companies would really listen to what the artists and customers actually want and need.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Enjoy creating today!

:beehive:

Excellent post, LisaB. As always.

There's really only one thing that I think would resolve this for all of us - both companies should go into their respective forums in the nasty threads and say loudly and clearly - NOT IN OUR NAME.

These kinds of threads damage both companies. If they made the behavior unacceptable to them, made the damage known, it would likely stop.

We can wish, right?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Does anyone know of a video of an experienced Poser user working at full speed, not teaching. Based around a typical, one figure scene, involving loading, clothing, posing, lighting, rendering?
Commentary would be nice if there are keyboard shortcuts involved, but not necessary.
I find 'looking over someones shoulder' the easiest way to pick up the tacit knowledge needed to get over of the 'clunky' phase.

pixirat, Nerd3D put out a lot of videos like that. Here's the link to his Youtube channel: Tutorials - YouTube

The videos with 101 in the title are basics.....other numbers, more advanced functions.

I think that may be what you are looking for.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
As to other things - It's as simple as this.

Yes, you can have your grievances, your opinions and you can be totally justified for feeling the way you do. No question.

If you wish to support HiveWire 3D in the best way possible, you will do your best to remove the venom from what you share here ... or anywhere. Please apply your kindness filter before posting.

It does us no good to have someone who makes the Hive their home going around being snarky to people - whether here, or in other forums. That's not what we are about here. If the Hive is your home, then consider yourself an Ambassador Bee when you go buzzing around in other forums.

Chris, Paul, Alisa, myself, and our amazing CVBees do our best to set a good example in everything we post. We hope that can serve as an example to you as to how we hope others will communicate on our behalf.

Thank you. :love:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Welcome to the Hive kinnieM. Although English by descent we have family members in Mission City, near Vancouver and Lethbridge, Alberta. In fact we do have one mini-Canuck right here in Morecambe in the form of my granddaughter Lucy who was born in Toronto. Probably explains why she's the only one who complains when we DON'T have snow! Have fun! :welcome:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Having come across several incorrect claims by fellow Yanks over the years about "oldest capital" and such I decided to see what you were talking about and found a cool list: List of cities in the Americas by year of foundation - Wikipedia They even have the Pueblos here in New Mexico and other sites.
Ohhhh, a very interesting link Terre. I just discovered NY City was established in 1625. Of course, back then it was known as New Amsterdam.

James R.

Busy Bee
I'd drop Poser, DS and Hexagon if I could find a single software that does what all 3 of them together do as easily as they do it... but I haven't found that software yet. Can't get my head around Blender (not a numbers or shortcut key remembering type guy), Couldn't get my head into the tricks of 3DS Max, haven't tried Lightwave (can't afford it any more than I can afford any other high-cost product), and just haven't been able to wrap my brain (tiny and pea-sized as it is) around any of the other suites I've tinkered with. I'm self-taught, and when I was last in school Windows was a DOS-prompt program and Graphic Design had nothing to do with computers.

I would "Like" this several times if I could, Chris... this is my life as well. And I wish I could love Blender, but *head asplode* ...lol

When I last did Graphic Design (or first did graphic design, I suppose) it involved X-acto knives and rollers. (...Though we did have an Apple IIx for printing the stuff I'd be pasting up...)

James R.

Busy Bee
We get about 3 months of good warm weather here... wet as heck in spring and fall (Lake effect storms are so much fun)... and cold as heck in winter (worse for you I'd imagine?). We're right on the Great Lakes here (a half hour walk for me), and in the winter the wind coming in off the water is damp and cold, and with the dampness it doesn't matter how you dress it seeps through to the bone... so I know about hibernating... LOL! ;)

My dad flew down from Halifax back in the spring and stayed visiting relatives for a few weeks... was a fairly expensive trip he was telling me...

Are you near Lake Superior, by chance?

Terre

Renowned
Ohhhh, a very interesting link Terre. I just discovered NY City was established in 1625. Of course, back then it was known as New Amsterdam.
Yup. In just 8 more years NYC will be 400 years old. :)
Meanwhile if you put in the limiter "founded by Europeans" then KinniM's home isn't just the oldest in North America, it's the oldest in all the Americas.

theschell

Brilliant
Are you near Lake Superior, by chance?

I'm in Hamilton on Lake Ontario, and it's nice to know I'm not the only Crazy Canuck floating around the forums here and elsewhere. :)

Yep, that was my education in Graphic Design as well... everything done on a drafting board with a t-square, rulers, and an X-acto blade, and then (if needed) composited using photography. Computers were just starting to come into the main stream back then and I remember my course included 10 hours a week of learning Windows for Beginners back on a (then) state-of-the-art 386 system in Windows 3.1 when it still had to be started by DOS prompt. Long time ago that!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
oh I know those days well James & Theschell! Don't forget the hot wax! And when I started typesetting it was on a compugraphic and it was all codes to do anything, and on the old one I started with you didn't know what it looked like until you developed the bromide!

theschell

Brilliant
And lets not forget Drafting Paper, Colour Pencils, Water Markers, and Water Colour Paints for concept roughs and prototyping the designs before starting the rough draft on the cutting board... oh yes, and Onion Paper for tracing roughs for transfer for preliminary design:)