• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

KageRyu's cave

• Thread starter Deleted member 325
  • Start date

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Awesome inspiration!! Billy Joel is probably one of my favorite all time musical artists - have seen him in concert a few times, too (I haven't gone to many "pay for" concerts). His music is almost always playing in our car.

*sings*

You may be right...I may be crazy..but it just may be a LU-na-tic you're looking for........

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Awesome inspiration!! Billy Joel is probably one of my favorite all time musical artists - have seen him in concert a few times, too (I haven't gone to many "pay for" concerts). His music is almost always playing in our car.

*sings*

You may be right...I may be crazy..but it just may be a LU-na-tic you're looking for........
Don't laugh, I was singing that song earlier when I read KageRyu's post. I'm a fan of Billy Joel too, and he's a native New Yorker, so saw him a couple of times in concerts as well, though many years ago. ;)

I'm also a Queen fan, but tend to sing Bohemian Rhapsody more than Slightly Mad.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Big Queen fan, too ;)

It was years ago that I saw Billy Joel, too. Out here, though, not back East...

D

Deleted member 325

I am quite fond of Billy Joel's music as well. I have never seen him in concert though. My personal favorite of his is Angry Young Man, it speaks to me. I am also fond of Queen, though my 2 personal favorites of theirs are Under Pressure, and Seven Seas of Rye.

I have a lot of music from a lot of genres I like though.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I LOVE Angry Young Man..one of the ones I hit "play again" on when we listen to his music. Have way too many favorites to list of his. His concerts are awesome. No starting acts - he does the whole thing.

My favorite Queen album is Innuendo..

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Who Wants To Live Forever!

OK, I have to switch stations here. Freddie's running around like a mad man in my head. :D

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I can't figure out what the secret WIP's are… Since we already have the loin cloths and Taka and the gorilla… But I'm sure it's something good, and your art pieces wonderful!

D

Deleted member 325

I can't figure out what the secret WIP's are… Since we already have the loin cloths and Taka and the gorilla… But I'm sure it's something good, and your art pieces wonderful!
Part of one of them has already been released... but stay tuned, more to come.

I apologize that I am behind schedule on many things, and a few have not made their release dates, but they are coming - I assure everyone of that.

Meanwhile, for your viewing enjoyment while you wait - an excerpt from the famous Perils of Gwendolyn comics:

D

Deleted member 325

So, at least one set of the 3 part secret WIP has been revealed and released. Though still finalizing a few images for those packs, I hope everyone enjoyed them. A couple of images are getting corrected and updated too.

Right now my hands are killing me from Digital Painting and posing all day trying to get other secret WIPs finished and into QAV. Figured I would give a sneak peak into a rare, behind the scenes look at my process for some of my 2D/2.5D Promo Art (much of it is purely custom made, with as minimal reliance on premade brushes and actions as I can get away with). I have been toying with this current work and some others in the same style for a while now (they sat idle for a month while doing backdrop renders and because I wasn't sure it was going to work as I wanted). I am now not only happy with how they are progressing, but wishing I had recorded detailed steps in the process because this would have made a great Poser/Photoshop Combo tutorial showing just one of many techniques for combining the two. I am dissapointed at the speed it is progressing at, but I blame the arthritis and nerve damage in my hands now.

I might answer methodology questions if I can, for those who are not sure about why this WIP is the way it is right now.

D

Deleted member 325

Well, may have lost all the work I did on graphics today. Had taken the previous image several stages further before saving for a short break. Came back, and loaded up Photoshop and it refuses to load the image. All I get now is an error dialog "Photoshop was unable to complete the request because of a program error." I don't know if this means the file became corrupted or not (i would think not because I was working on another, much larger image with many more layers recently and did not have such an issue).
Thumbsplus can still view the image fine, and my old copy of Gimpshop loads in in greyscale with none of the layer effects (though I think it's because of how old Gimpshop is). I honestly do not know what to do - certainly do not feel like redoing all that work, but no idea how to continue working and finish the project if Photoshop will not load the image.

Very frustrated and depressed...this is why I can't have nice things.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Oh, no - that's so frustrating. Shoot it to me and let me see if I can help.

D

Deleted member 325

A huge shout out of Thanks to Alisa for helping me recover this project.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
You're so welcome !! VERY glad it worked - this is lovely :)

D

Deleted member 325

I haven't released anything in a while, but I have several in the works close to ready. Some I was hoping to have for the Jungle Sale but things have delayed and derailed work many times. Getting used to the non-standard rigging in Dusk and Dawn was a bit of a learning curve, I will admit (don't get me wrong, while I feel some things work oddly or counter-intuitively, i absolutely love the added points of articulation and have felt for a long time there need to be more points of articulation on newer figures, not just Weight-mapping, SubD, and improved use of Polies).

I am so very close to finishing these Gorilla Rage poses I have been working on, which will be a lot of Poses, some partial poses, and Expressions. In fact, if it weren't for issues with Mirroring having to be corrected by hand because for some reason all of the mirroring scripts I have tried really mess up the poses badly, they would likely have been done. A second issue popped up last night when i was working on them, and it became clear, I need to make duplicate sets with and without IK turned on for the feet... because, unlike a certain figure I have worked with a lot last year, I can not use poses with embedded IK on a non-IK dusk without it creating horrible results. While a setback, it is not an issue I am completely unfamiliar with (there are several popular 3rd party figures I have made poses for which require the same effort). Still, when all is said and done, I would rather take my time, do it right, and have the product the way I envision it. I have been studying lots of references, and hope I can do these creatures justice.
I just hope everyone will agree these upcoming sets are worth the wait.
So here's a brief glimpse at a few of the poses for the Gorilla:
Gorilla - Fists Raised.png Gorilla - Leap Attack.png Gorilla - Threaten 2.png Gorilla -  Swat.png