• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

KageRyu's cave

• Thread starter Deleted member 325
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 325

I have confirmed that 2 critical products needed for my "Outrider" for Dusk/Dawn sets will still exist after the merger, so I am resuming work on those and hope to have some images in a few weeks.
Bear with me, my ADHD often causes me to jump wildly from project to project with little...squirrel!

D

Deleted member 325

Sneak Peak of Soon to be re-released in there new home sets:

The winter wolf dragged the blanket of storms across the sky, covering Midgard in cold and darkness. The frost giants marched from Jotunheimr to lay siege to the lands of men. Terrible things moved in the deep and the dark, in the roots of Midgard, and Jormungandr wracked the oceans with storms caused by his fury. For the time of all ends, the Twilight of the gods, Ragnarokkr, was upon the world. The world had entered a harsh age - an axe age, a sword age - a wind age, and a wolf age.

A mighty blast from Heimdl's horn reverberated through the nine realms, and shook the world tree Yggdrasil to it's roots. All who heard the call throughout Asgard, Midgard, Jotunheim, Muspellsheim, Alfheim, Vanaheim, Svartalfaheim, Hel, and Neifelheim knew then that the war of Ragnarokkr had begun.

The men of the North picked up their Axes and marched for the last.
-
Garmr has been loosed from Gnipahellir and gathered his pack to scourge the world's of men. All beasts of flesh and bone tremble in fear and fall before the hounds of Hel and sons and daughters of Garmr. They feast and feed, leaving the lands barren, and the herds butchered, bringing on their hooves a frozen famine for the men of Midgard. Man would long remember this wolf age.

The men of the North gathered shield and spear, and the hunt was on to lay to rest the sons and Daughters of Garmr. They kept the beasts at range with spear, knowing full well the bite of the hounds carried a terrible curse of madness and low flesh. The glistening white of the fields of ice and snow would soon run red with the blood of man and wolf...
-
Jormungandr's furious writhing has stirred a furious ocean, its waves breaking free the ship Ngalfar from its icy bonds. Across the angry seas Ngalfar carries the dead from Hel, steered by the Jotunn Hrym, and led by the god Loki. The disgraced dead of Nieflheimr, twisted, corroded, and warped by their mistress Hel, brought terror and death to Midgard on their march for the Bifrost.

The men in these lands of ice steeled themselves, hardening their resolve, and gathered cold swords and frozen shields and marched to meet their ancestors in one last, glorious battle. They knew the cause likely hopeless, and their deaths assured, for the dead cannot be slain again.
-
The bitter cold and darkness of the Fimbulvetr, the winter of three years, covered Midgard in a thickening blanket of frost and snow. The frost giants were lured from Jotunheimr by this enticing weather, and lay siege to the lands of men and set their gaze upon Asgard. In their path they left blight, and death, stretching the grip of winter further into the lands of men.

The tribes of the North gathered their mightiest and set out to meet the Jotun. With sword, and axe, and spear they fought furiously on frozen fields and in ice covered forests, battle after battle, against the frozen monsters of Jotunheimr. The battles raged, and raged, and raged, the hearts of men and warriors becoming as cold as the frozen hearts of the Frost Giants, until eventually the men of the north even turned on their own.
-
The seas raged and thrashed from the fury of Jormungandr, and the sons of Garmr roamed the heavens. The wolf, Skoll, seized the sun and swallowed her, while his brother, Hati, caught hold of the moon and mangled her. The stars began to fade from the heavens blanketing the world in darkness, and the Earth shook. As the fires of Surtr's flaming sword scorched the realms, the blanket of ice of the Fimbulvetr melted, and the land began to sink into the raging seas. The gods were dead, and none could stand against Surtr - all that remained was for him to burn himself out, and scorch the nine realms.

The men of the north gathered their last on great sailing ships. The final voyage was at hand. At the end would be great glory and treasures beyond belief. They would sail west, over the edge of the world, hoping to escape the Fimbulvetr, the madness of the gods, and Surtr's sword. The voyage would be long, the trials difficult, but the men of the north were used to long and difficult times. The promise of new lands and hope lured them and called out, and so they sailed.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
OH ! Just saw your pose sets here... I'll have to be very careful, as I went bonkers for the norseman things at RDNA... bought them up... did you make the CLOTHING ? I bought the clothes and character some time ago... (pretty sure the other merchant did the character?) but merchant names get all jumbled up in my brain... :oops:

but gosh, WELCOME to the Hive!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 325

Welcome Mark!

Good to see you here Mark. ;)

Thank you both.

OH ! Just saw your pose sets here... I'll have to be very careful, as I went bonkers for the norseman things at RDNA... bought them up... did you make the CLOTHING ? I bought the clothes and character some time ago... (pretty sure the other merchant did the character?) but merchant names get all jumbled up in my brain... :oops:

but gosh, WELCOME to the Hive!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You, and no, I did not make the clothing, characters, or weapons - those were all by Mortem-Vetus. I was tinkering with some textures for the Longship, but I am not completely confident in my texturing skills yet. If you did buy a lot at RuntimeDNA you might want to double check you did not pick these up when they were first sold there in 2014. Right now I am migrating my content, and new sets are soon to come.

D

Deleted member 325

The quests of King Ulfric continue. I have added snippets to these images to form an ongoing story of sorts - very inspired by research I did into Norse myth and Ragnarok when I made the original Pose sets.

Set your viking warriors on their own quest with my Ragnarok Poses, Now available here at the hive!
Ragnarok - Axemen of the North for Michael 4 - A KageRyu 3D Creation
Ragnarok - Cold Swordsmen for Michael 4 - A KageRyu 3D Creation
Ragnarok - Long Voyages for Michael 4 - A KageRyu 3D Creation
Ragnarok - Snowbound Skirmishers for Michael 4 - A KageRyu 3D Creation
Ragnarok - Winter Spearmen for Michael 4 - A KageRyu 3D Creation
Ragnarok - MegaBundle for Michael 4 - A KageRyu 3D Creation

A series 2 for V4 was in development...no ETA due to recent events.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
ah... ok.... I got so 'into' The Vikings tv series, though I did NOT NOT NOT like the violence, the characters (and costumes!) were compelling!

D

Deleted member 325

ah... ok.... I got so 'into' The Vikings tv series, though I did NOT NOT NOT like the violence, the characters (and costumes!) were compelling!
Understandable, the violence is not for everyone. Though the Vikings were a notoriously violent people (also oddly progressively minded in many ways for their time in history). I have always liked Vikings and Norse mythology (and Romans, and Ancient Japanese).

Nice poses...iirc I have some Genesis Viking outfits that I could convert to dusk...off to double check how well M4 poses work with him.
I would be more than inclined to do a proper Dusk set if I had the right outfits. I keep hoping to see more Fantasy and historical clothing for Dusk out there in the wild. I have plenty of prop weapons I could tie poses in to for Dusk that are not figure specific, but the promos would be rather bland without good outfits.

Also, a note about DS if you use DS - while these were tested as having limited functionality in DS previously, they have know issues in differing versions. As I do not use DS, I can not support DS or adress issues in it.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Not a problem KageRyu...I do use DS but I also have a nifty script that Adam did that fixes hands and feet that go wonky from poses that are for Poser. I'm generally fairly self sufficient in converting stuff to ds and I'm getting better at reversing the process. Even managed to create the inj files for Poser for my Diva morphs.

Yes I would like more outfits for Dusk...still working on my modeling and rigging skills.

D

Deleted member 325

:lol: I never noticed that before. That's a great sig line!! :)
Thanks. I adopted it a few years back for a variety of reasons, and it has started following me around as a personal motto :)

Oh and I like your render. Don't think I've ever seen flying hearts before. ;)
Those are from a very old product and expansion of RuntimeDNA from long ago. I picked them up I think in 08 or 09, but they were legacy by then - one of the old Scatters products with an expansion called Magic. Always liked them (I still use the Scatters a lot). A few of the Scatters were moved to Free items in the last couple of years, but I think this particular set is no longer available (I believe they were Erik's/Traveller's).

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmmm, I think I have one but it was for FireFlies. I'll have to check my order history and see.

Yup, and it was a freebie I picked up back in 2013.