• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A question or more on P11

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
As a content creator I need to ask, will morphs or shaders created in P11 still work in PPro 2014?

Or will I need to add support for each?

Thanks. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm no expert on this FL, but I believe if you edit the files to read Version 10, rather than Version 11 that's automatically created when you save them to your P11 library, should do the trick.

Needless to say, nothing related to SuperFly, as far as texturing goes, will work in earlier versions, as earlier versions of Poser don't have the SuperFly render engine.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
You don't "have" to make separate Superfly materials for Poser 11 except for skin, eyes, fingernails, etc. Those will all render silver in Superfly without conversion, but Snarly's EZSkin3 makes that easy.

Now, I believe there is a reason to make SF specific materials in some cases, especially if there is specularity involved. Here's an example.....I have rendered a PP2014 material jacket, with no changes in Superfly and then rendered it again in a Superfly specific material setup.

I should add, however, that all the clothing in the scene was set up for Firefly materials in PP2014 and render fine with no changes, with the exception of the jacket because of the specularity conflicts in P11.

The Superfly specific version.

SFSatininP11.jpg

This is Firefly Satin in the superfly render engine.

FFSatininP11.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Actually FL, I've been thinking about this, and you could probably even set them to Version 9, as Dawn and Dusk both work in Version 9. The reason I first mentioned Version 10 is because the more recent HW products are set for Version 10, but CAs don't necessarily have to follow that, and Version 9 is the lowest version you can use for Dawn and Dusk, so any CA products for them will work in Version 9 as well.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks for posting that example Traci, as there are a number of textures for a good many products that have the same materials setup for both FireFly and SuperFly.

I've been playing with some of the shader setups Ghostship post on the SM Poser forum in SuperFly, and most of them are coming out nicely. I'm still not that good with SuperFly to be able to figure out how to do them in FireFly as well.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I meant to ask you FL, did you get Poser 11 Standard or Poser Pro 11. I don't recall now if the Standard version has the SuperFly render engine. Maybe Traci knows, though I believe she's also using the Pro version.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I meant to ask you FL, did you get Poser 11 Standard or Poser Pro 11. I don't recall now if the Standard version has the SuperFly render engine. Maybe Traci knows, though I believe she's also using the Pro version.

I have both, and they both have Superfly, yes.

(I have both because I won one version and purchased the other.)

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Now that I have Poser 11, what do I HAVE to install to make it usable for doing DS material conversions and Promo renders? I don't have a lot of space left on my computer

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Nice.
I am having a problem on the eyes and lips in Superfly.
It will take some adjusting to it but I will get it. :)