• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Zbrush on old 32bit computer?

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I am using a 32 bit old computer and was wondering is it worth putting Zbrush on it? if so how do I go around getting Zbrush 32 bit downloaded? Or is it the same download as the 64 bit version? I think I have a version I used on my 64 bit computer (which is now dead) in my archives.

Jay Versluis

Admirable
Believe it or not, but even the latest version of ZBrush is still primarily a 32-bit application! They've now included a 64-bit beta version, which is running stable, but when you buy it, you have one installer with a choice of two launchers (32 or 64-bit).

The next version shall presumably be 64-bit only, but it's many months or even years away.

No matter which version you are running, a capable graphics card is less important than a fast CPU.

Jay Versluis

Admirable
Thanks Dylan - I noticed there was only one launcher icon. I'm on a Mac, so I thought it's because macOS is only available as 64bit anyway. Are you on Windows? Is it the same there?

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I think everyone should download the ZBrush trial and play with it. While it isn't the easiest to learn and has an old fashioned interface, once learned it is so quick to do almost everything. Plus the interface can be customized to bits.