• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Zaarin's Products

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Absolutely, I'd love to do some old fashioned faces for Dawn! Actually, I'd love to do more for V4, too. Jazz Age Dames was originally intended to be a full sized pack and have a matching M4 set, but I ran out of time for the themed release. The pose in the main promo is from Flapper Girl by Varnayrah at RuntimeDNA. :) ETA: Now that I look at it, it may be from Vintage Elegance by Eliandra at DAZ. One of those two sets...
Thank you sir, I'm going to check those two out. For all I know, I may even have one of them, as I've done a couple of Flapper renders before. ;)

Edited to Add:
It's Varnayrah's Flapper Girl Poses. Good thing too, because Elliandra doesn't have the Vintage Elegance in her store at DAZ anymore.

Last edited:

Zaarin

Brilliant
Thank you sir, I'm going to check those two out. For all I know, I may even have one of them, as I've done a couple of Flapper renders before. ;)
They look pretty good in 50s/noir renders, too--something like Frequency's Rockabilly Dress and AprilYSH's Deeta Hair or LittleFox's Xanadu Hair, some nice pumps... ;) (For example, the Galbraith promo in Mélange: Pour Homme: the lady's face is from Jazz Age Dames--I'm pretty sure it's Mignon or Louise.)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I've never really bought a set of face/head morphs before...but I was SO impressed with your heads/faces for V4, that I went to DAZ and bought the ETHNIC morph set for her...so I could get two sets here... (was surprised at the sale when I put some items into my cart there, that was helpful!) You can tell I do love the American Indian cultures especially... so now I HAVE to USE my V4 (I had gotten a set of poses called Besties for BOTH Dawn and V4 at Rendo a bit ago- again to help me USE all the V4 content I have invested in over the years too!!)

Zaarin

Brilliant
I've never really bought a set of face/head morphs before...but I was SO impressed with your heads/faces for V4, that I went to DAZ and bought the ETHNIC morph set for her...so I could get two sets here... (was surprised at the sale when I put some items into my cart there, that was helpful!) You can tell I do love the American Indian cultures especially... so now I HAVE to USE my V4 (I had gotten a set of poses called Besties for BOTH Dawn and V4 at Rendo a bit ago- again to help me USE all the V4 content I have invested in over the years too!!)
Thank you so much for your support! I hope you really enjoy using them. :)

I put together a render last night to play with some new stuff I bought at Rendo recently (if you can't tell, I'm on a bit of a China kick), featuring May from Jazz Age Dames.

The Jade Empress (Renderosity Gallery | deviantArt)
The Jade Empress_postwork.jpg

Zaarin

Brilliant
Beautiful render Zaarin, and that Kimono is just gorgeous. ;)
Esha has a really lovely Hanfu for Genesis over at DAZ called "Asian Princess" or something like that, but this is the only Hanfu I've found for V4. :D We really need more Chinese stuff in the Poserverse; everything is fantasy-Japanese. :(

frogimus

Adventurous
We really need more Chinese stuff in the Poserverse; everything is fantasy-Japanese

Even a lot of the Japanese-themed stuff seems to be made looking through pop-culture tinted goggles. More authenticity for a lot of cultures is needed.

That's why your products have caught my attention. Structural facial differences between Sioux and Cherokee (or Cree, Navajo, etc) are there.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Esha has a really lovely Hanfu for Genesis over at DAZ called "Asian Princess" or something like that, but this is the only Hanfu I've found for V4. :D We really need more Chinese stuff in the Poserverse; everything is fantasy-Japanese. :(
Where did you find it, if you don't mind my asking?

Zaarin

Brilliant
Even a lot of the Japanese-themed stuff seems to be made looking through pop-culture tinted goggles. More authenticity for a lot of cultures is needed.

That's why your products have caught my attention. Structural facial differences between Sioux and Cherokee (or Cree, Navajo, etc) are there.
Indeed, I'd love more historical clothing of all kinds. That's why I said "fantasy-Japanese." I actually got into making these faces because I was a little tired of every Native American products I saw either being Sioux or so inaccurate it wasn't even funny. ;) The Native Americans have low genetic diversity, but that doesn't mean they all look the same. And what a lot of people don't realize is that Europe also has moderately low genetic diversity, especially compared to the Middle East or Africa. ;) And of course the Na-Dené (Tlingit, Athapaskans, Navajo, Apache...) and Inuit are entirely distinct populations from Native Americans.

Where did you find it, if you don't mind my asking?
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post offstore links here, but there's a link to it where I posted it in the Renderosity gallery. It's called rather generically "Asia Dress for V4." It's very loose fitting, so I bet it'd be easy to refit to Dawn, too.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Found it. Comes with lovely textures.

I see it's Poser dynamic. Might be a good test case for the DynCreator script, but the promos all look like the material ought to not be particularly "draped" even if it is dynamic.

Is Hanfu anything like Han Bok? I'm familiar with that term since I'm on the edges of KoreaTown here.

Zaarin

Brilliant
Found it. Comes with lovely textures.

I see it's Poser dynamic. Might be a good test case for the DynCreator script, but the promos all look like the material ought to not be particularly "draped" even if it is dynamic.

Is Hanfu anything like Han Bok? I'm familiar with that term since I'm on the edges of KoreaTown here.
Hanfu is a collective term for the traditional clothing of Han Chinese, rather than referring to a specific outfit. But the Asia Dress could probably make a pretty good base for a Hanbok if the sleeves and bodice were tighter. I lived in Korea for two years when I was a kid. :) A Hanbook is on my list of historical clothing I wish someone would make. There's a very old one for Aiko 3 at Renderosity, but nothing for newer figures. :( Top of my list, though, is this variety of hanfu from the Tang Dynasty. :inlove: The Asia Dress is, if I'm not mistaken, Song Dynasty.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post offstore links here, but there's a link to it where I posted it in the Renderosity gallery. It's called rather generically "Asia Dress for V4." It's very loose fitting, so I bet it'd be easy to refit to Dawn, too.
Not a problem. Just found it. I already have Sveva's paper lanterns, and I have an old V4 hair that'll work as well. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've noticed that Zaarin. Odd too, as you'd think more folks would create Asian clothing, as there's lots of great fabric/texture options available.

Zaarin

Brilliant
I guess hair is easier, especially since the big updos popular in especially China and Japan lend themselves well to fantasy and sci-fi (as can be scene in the strong East Asian influences in Padmé's gorgeous wardrobe in Star Wars The Phantom Menace that almost makes that insufferable movie worthwhile :p).