• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Work In Progress On Eli

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
How very cute!

Imagine a Micro Eli, Micro Harry, and Micro Big Cat (and just what is our big cat's nickname?!?)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...I don't know! Kitty? As in Kitty Cat? Don't ask me to name things I'm hopeless at it...

But I like the idea of a micro range...

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Jag (it is a Jaguar/panther after all)? Or maybe "Sport" (being a Jaguar that is...)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I've seen that lil' micro eli. Cute little potato.

We'll have to keep names in mind for the big cat for sure. Will be fun to see what naturally sticks of if we pick a name and go with that.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Isn't he just...

Sometimes it's best to see what naturally sticks...when I used to make dolls I used to swear that they would tell me their names when the time was right.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That's so true. Sometimes I have to practically beg my people to tell me their name though. A few of them have stubbornly refused.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Thanks, I've been lurking for a bit. The new animals look great!

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
The big cat is Charlie! You know, like Charlie the Lonesome Cougar. I always liked Charlie the Cougar. I never seem to have male pets (all my pets are rescues who needed homes, given to me by family and friends), or I would have named my cat Charlie. Instead, her name is Calleigh. My little Ajani's Sunstriker! If you play Magic: The Gathering, you know what I mean ;-)

Back to topic, Chris, that baby elephant is adorable. I'll need to get the elephant textures off my old hard drive and send those over to you guys. They'll need a bit more work, but I think they were more or less finished, if I remember correctly.

I'm really excited for both the elephant and the cougar/jaguar.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Cute cat...so much to be excited about at the moment the beautiful Deer People and Eli...not to mention the cat!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Cute kitty, Sparky!

Sparky elephant textures. WHOO HOO!!

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Back to topic, Chris, that baby elephant is adorable. I'll need to get the elephant textures off my old hard drive and send those over to you guys. They'll need a bit more work, but I think they were more or less finished, if I remember correctly.

Will there be a White texture and a Pink texture please?

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Well, I was keen to add some more depigmentation options, so perhaps I could make a full "pink" texture to mask off for depigmentation. And since white elephants are essentially fully depigmented elephants, it would work for that, perhaps with a little desaturation. For a "fantasy" PINK elephant, that texture could simply have its saturation increased.