• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Work In Progress On Eli

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ear morphs for sure.

What's a Elli without a Dumbo!

Tusk and teeth morphs.

Smithsonian's National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute
Asian elephants have six sets of teeth, all six of which are present in the skull at birth. They are, however, very small. Each successive set of teeth is larger, more complex and lasts longer than the previous set. As a result, an elephant's skull grows throughout its lifetime to accommodate the new and ever-larger teeth. An elephant's age can be estimated by examining molar sequence and wear.

Tusks are modified upper incisors that grow throughout an individual's life at the rate of 2 to 3 inches (5.1 to 7.6 centimeters) per year. They are composed of ivory, a material similar to bone that is made primarily of calcium and phosphate. The tusk has a pulp cavity containing nerve tissues. In an adult animal, about two-thirds of the tusk is visible while the remaining one-third is embedded in the socket, or sulcus, in the cranium.

Newly developing tusks have a conical cap of smooth enamel that eventually wears off. Not all elephants develop visible tusks; in the Asian species, only some males have large, prominent tusks. Most female and some male Asian elephants have small tusks, called tushes, which seldom protrude more than an inch or two from the lip line. Tushes have a slightly different composition than tusks. They are small and brittle, causing them to easily break. A significant number of adult male Asian elephants are tuskless. The percentage of males with tusks varies by region, less than 10 percent in Sri Lanka to approximately 90 percent in India. This disparity may be a reflection of the intensity of past ivory hunting.

In the African elephant species, generally, but not always, both the males and females have tusks. Tusks are extremely useful, multipurpose instruments. Elephants use them to dig for water, salt, minerals and roots; to debark trees; as levers to manipulate objects in their environment; for rescuing calves; for threat displays; as weapons for defense and offense; as trunk rests; and as protection for the trunk.​

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I agree, and while you're at it, maybe some morphs for the tail hairs, or are they supposed to just hang down from whatever pose the tail is in?

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
No, but it has been sent to Beta a day or so ago. I do still need to create some body morphs for it. Which shouldn't take too long. I'll be putting together a morph list tonight. If someone has ideas, please post so I can take note of them.

Thanks for your patience everyone.

Better Right than Right Now. IMO.

Mammoth and Mastodon come to mind - potentially with two variants, one as normal for Poser etc. and one with the skin taken in a bit to allow for Dynamic Hair to fill out the shape.

Cheers,

Cliff

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
No, but it has been sent to Beta a day or so ago. I do still need to create some body morphs for it. Which shouldn't take too long. I'll be putting together a morph list tonight. If someone has ideas, please post so I can take note of them.

Thanks for your patience everyone.

Morphs: Ears, tusks, tail, female body morph, tongue (As in movement) also I would love to take a crack at a pose set for it when it is ready!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I'll have to post a list here. Thanks Laurie.

HiveWire Asian Elephant Morph List-

BackFlat

BodyBulk

BellySize

BellyPregnant

BrowHeavy

BrowWorry

CraniumRound

CraniumSize

CheekBoneWidth

CheekFull

EarSize

EarRounded

EarFlare

EyeClosed

EyeDepth

EyeHeight

EyeSize

EyesOpenWide

EyeIrisSize

EyePupilSmall

EyeWidth

EyeWince

FootPadPressure

ForeheadSize

ForeheadWidth

GenitalsGone

JawSize

LegsThin

MouthCornersDown

MouthCornersForward

MouthCornersUp

MouthOpen

MouthYawn

NeckThin
NeckAged

TailWidth

TailLength

TongueWidth

TongueFlat

TusksShort

TusksBroken

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Here are several screen grabs of some of what I have done. I'm over half way actually.

Eli68.JPG

BellyPregnant

Eli69.JPG

BackFlat

Eli70.JPG

BellySize

Eli71.JPG

BrowHeavy

Eli72.JPG

CheekBoneWidth

Eli73.JPG

CheeksFull

Eli74.JPG

CraniumSize

Eli75.JPG

EarFlare

Eli76.JPG

EarRound

Miss B

CV-BEE
I guess the HW Elephant might be next out of the box. Looking great Chris. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, and don't forget a Mammoth. I definitely, at some point down the road, want a BIG hairy Mammoth. ;)