• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Work In Progress On Eli

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I notice that the old Silverkey Indian Elephant has been weight mapped and given an Iray facelift by Deepsea over at DAZ. A rising interest in elephants in general could only help.

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
I notice that the old Silverkey Indian Elephant has been weight mapped and given an Iray facelift by Deepsea over at DAZ. A rising interest in elephants in general could only help.
It is the African one so still waiting on the more superior model

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
So just wondering what critters are in the works for the upcoming year now that the HW store is closed. I see the Dusk 2.0 is in the works now. AND it seems that a lot of the the other animal projects are on hold.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
I think that is a shame... because in all honesty... there are a lot of good human figures out there, but not that many great animals. I am still waiting for those marvelous dog shapes that have been in the works since... forever. They are far superior to the 'new' dog from DAZ and it's a pity they have not gotten into the store yet.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
All the animals are still in pipeline and will eventually get released at Renderosity. It isn't that those projects have been shelved, Chris is simply working on new models, he's very prolific, adding to what he's already done. The big problem is the bottleneck in rigging them. Chris models and builds the morphs, but others to do the rigging and texturing, when they can and in their spare time.

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
I think that is a shame... because in all honesty... there are a lot of good human figures out there, but not that many great animals. I am still waiting for those marvelous dog shapes that have been in the works since... forever. They are far superior to the 'new' dog from DAZ and it's a pity they have not gotten into the store yet.
I would have to highly agree with you on that. I all most exclusively use HW animal models because of the quality. I know the transitional period from the close of the HW store to Rendo is most likely putting a strain on what is left of the HW staff plus what is going on with Lisa is most likely not helping any. DAZ does have currently the best and most versatile human models on the 3d market. Now with the release of Victoria 8.1, it is light years ahead of Poser's base human models.

eclark1894

Visionary
DAZ does have currently the best and most versatile human models on the 3d market. Now with the release of Victoria 8.1, it is light years ahead of Poser's base human models.
First, let me say that I would be MORE than happy to start a new thread and hear your reasoning for saying that. I'm not picking on you or trying to cause controversy, but I hear people saying that ALL the time and while I think the DAZ figures look okay, frankly I'm just not seeing whatever it is you guys are. Would you be willing to point out whatever it is you think makes the DAZ figures so phoenomenal? Just say the word and I'll start the thread so as not to derail this one. I know Alisa hates that. ;)

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
First, let me say that I would be MORE than happy to start a new thread and hear your reasoning for saying that. I'm not picking on you or trying to cause controversy, but I hear people saying that ALL the time and while I think the DAZ figures look okay, frankly I'm just not seeing whatever it is you guys are. Would you be willing to point out whatever it is you think makes the DAZ figures so phoenomenal? Just say the word and I'll start the thread so as not to derail this one. I know Alisa hates that. ;)
Mind you this is coming from a hobby artist. Not to derail this thread that I have been watching and waiting on for almost 4 year.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
That thread may or may not be reinstated. Sorry. Can we please move on with this thread as a WIP on Eli. Thank you.