• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Wish we had for Harry the Horse

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Most Arabian Native show costumes I've had went over the saddle so you didn't see the saddle itself. That's what the Native Costume 1 is based on so I didn't do a saddle per se just the blankets/barding, reins and headstalls. The two native costume sets were designed to be mix and match and certain pieces can be mixed and matched with the Wild Rose set too which has a English cutback style saddle (the kind used for gaited horses not jumpers).

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay, thanks! Maybe I do need to add pictures so that the artists know if something isn't being done that they think of. (That was some lousy grammar).

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
The one thing that has me ganashing my teeth is the fact that while I could probably model a lot of these and some others, (I have books up the wazoo on horses), I have next to no idea how to rig and add morphs to them :mad::(

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The one thing that has me ganashing my teeth is the fact that while I could probably model a lot of these and some others, (I have books up the wazoo on horses), I have next to no idea how to rig and add morphs to them :mad::(

I'm with you Dreamer! Tons of ideas, but no real skills in those areas....okay, not great at modelling, either.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That's whats so good about this place Dreamer, a lot of people are happy to collaborate so you might find someone who can do rigging and/or morphing :D

TheKatster

Motivated
I'm excited that someone is working on the Native American "Paint" overlays and feathers for mains and tails. I found the Painted hand prints on ShareCG but I'm not really crazy about the texture set. It would be so good to be able to have the hand print or eye rings to be added after the fact without changing the original body textures. Maybe as a prop.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hey TheKatster, I wonder what LIE would look like (I think the hand prints/rings would need a hair texture to them otherwise they'd just look stuck on). I'll have to look at how to do that, it might be an option.

TheKatster

Motivated
Hey TheKatster, I wonder what LIE would look like (I think the hand prints/rings would need a hair texture to them otherwise they'd just look stuck on). I'll have to look at how to do that, it might be an option.
I'm not sure what LIE is?? I think it would be great to have a hair texture on them as well. If they were done as props then they could be colored different colors depending on the coat color.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
LIE is L(ayered) I(mage) E(ditor Preset). It is similar to using a blend node on textures in Poser, except that you use overlay images with an alpha channel rather than a blend map to control the overlay.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I am looking into the options for both Poser and DS for the paint overlays and how to have them look hairy not like stickers ;) Just got a few things to clear off the plate first then I can give this my full attention

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
OK, I think the new morph for DH2 is pretty ugly from most angles (this one is the only one I've seen that it looks good in) but I DO like the level of detail they have with the veins and musculature, this is the kind of detail I'd love to see on Harry.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
OK, I think the new morph for DH2 is pretty ugly from most angles (this one is the only one I've seen that it looks good in) but I DO like the level of detail they have with the veins and musculature, this is the kind of detail I'd love to see on Harry.
I have to agree. I don't want to bash the artist, I know how hard it is to do something new. But, The colors and shape just weren't pleasingly ascetic. But, then I guess that there are some naturally awkward horses out there, too!