• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP WIP Asian-African Elephant project

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Very unusual, to say the least. So are the elephants with breasts. I never would've imagined that being possible, but then the only elephants I've ever seen were in zoos.
Breast is nothing , look at the nipple

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-22 230205.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-03-22 230205.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Screenshot 2022-03-22 225951.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-03-22 225951.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 128

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
Very unusual, to say the least. So are the elephants with breasts. I never would've imagined that being possible, but then the only elephants I've ever seen were in zoos.
Most likely Miss B the female elephants you have seen at the zoo have not had any calves for a while or were clearly bull elephants. Most female elephants in zoo have never birthed a calf or are too old by breeding program standers to carry a calf. The breasts on a cow elephant will shrink down after they are done lactating for their young. In the wild it is more common to see a female elephant with enlarged breasts due to having calves around. In an average herd if there is at least one to 3 calves there is in turn 4 to 6 females that will nurse the calves. Wet nursing is a common thing in wile herds.

Last edited:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Question? Will there be a newborn morph for the baby elephant?
Probably will at some point . There is still so much work to be done for the current base shapes, morphs and different texturings . And it can get pretty quick overwhelming. Newborn will need separate textures again and other stuff so it will be just add on later in time . Right now we focus on the African Bush and the Asian Family and their "toddlers"for a starter . Lots of work with a lot of fine details as never before.

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
Probably will at some point . There is still so much work to be done for the current base shapes, morphs and different texturings . And it can get pretty quick overwhelming. Newborn will need separate textures again and other stuff so it will be just add on later in time . Right now we focus on the African Bush and the Asian Family and their "toddlers"for a starter . Lots of work with a lot of fine details as never before.
Sweet! I will continue to post facts and reference pics as I find them. I want to help flesh out this project in anyway I can. I have been working on pose set ideas with the models I do have and I hope I can decently covert them to the new elephant model when it comes out.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Sweet! I will continue to post facts and reference pics as I find them. I want to help flesh out this project in anyway I can. I have been working on pose set ideas with the models I do have and I hope I can decently covert them to the new elephant model when it comes out.
That is great , keep posting and thanks for the great support . Are you planning to release your new pose set ? or it is just for internal usage ?

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
More elephant facts for you: Musth- a normal periodic condition in bull (male) elephants, characterized by a large rise in reproductive hormones, temporal drainage, and dribbling/trickling of urine. Musth is not a disease or ailment, and therefore there is no “cure.” If a bull elephant goes into musth, it actually means he is healthy. Testosterone levels in an elephant in musth can be on average 60 times greater than in the same elephant at other times.

Attachments

• c-005.jpg
    c-005.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 02-42-15 Stock images on EveryPixel.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 02-42-15 Stock images on EveryPixel.png
    530.1 KB · Views: 134