• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Why are most clothing symetrical?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Not just that, but most of the brokerages (don't know about DAZ) have very strict rules about promo images. No postwork and they must display the product as the customer will see it, unless the promo is labeled "artistic render."
Probably the main reason I like to do Artistic Renders of products I beta test, as what I wind up with when I render, won't necessarily be exactly what the creator wound up with in the promos. Just using a different set of lights will change the way an item looks, and that has nothing to do with postwork.

Hornet3d

Wise
Probably the main reason I like to do Artistic Renders of products I beta test, as what I wind up with when I render, won't necessarily be exactly what the creator wound up with in the promos. Just using a different set of lights will change the way an item looks, and that has nothing to do with postwork.

I like some artistic renders, the promos should represent what the product looks like out of the box while the artistic renders give some idea of how it can be used. as sort of, this is it and this is the sort of thing you can do with it.

I do support the restriction on the use of post work as there is then no real limits and while I use it extensively not everyone can or wants to.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees

I like some artistic renders, the promos should represent what the product looks like out of the box while the artistic renders give some idea of how it can be used. as sort of, this is it and this is the sort of thing you can do with it.

I do support the restriction on the use of post work as there is then no real limits and while I use it extensively not everyone can or wants to.

I think artistic renders are very useful in promos - especially those done by someone other than the creator. By the time I finish modeling and rigging a set, I know how it "should" behave and my tester can give a better rendition of how it does actually behave for someone not intimately knowledgeable about the product.

I think promos should be a mix of "mechanical' images representing the model and artistic images showing it off.

Hornet3d

Wise
I think artistic renders are very useful in promos - especially those done by someone other than the creator. By the time I finish modeling and rigging a set, I know how it "should" behave and my tester can give a better rendition of how it does actually behave for someone not intimately knowledgeable about the product.

I think promos should be a mix of "mechanical' images representing the model and artistic images showing it off.

For me at least, that would be the exact balance I would want.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Not just that, but most of the brokerages (don't know about DAZ) have very strict rules about promo images. No postwork and they must display the product as the customer will see it, unless the promo is labeled "artistic render."

Yes well I suppose that all makes sense.